PDA

View Full Version : Newly Formed Tappahannock Scuba Meetup Group

mheaster
10-26-2008, 06:36
I live in Tappahannock, VA and frequently dive at Lake Rawlings.
I got my Instructor Certification (PADI) this summer and I am affiliated with Tri-City Scuba in Colonial Heights, VA (it's right on the way to Lake Rawlings).

I have also just started the Tappahannock Scuba Meetup Group

Tappahannock Scuba Meetup Group (Tappahannock, VA) - Meetup.com (http://scuba.meetup.com/202/)

Next meeting is Tuesday Oct. 28th at 6:30pm at Roma's in Tappahannock.
All divers and anyone interested in diving (and eating) are invited.

Go to Meetup Link and signup and RSVP!

hychang
11-07-2008, 08:56
Hello there. I'm up in Fairfax City. Glad to see another "local" member here. I'm basically a newbie. I was wondering if you'd recommend diving out of Va. Beach. Thanks.:smiley20:

mheaster
11-11-2008, 10:17
I have only been out of Virginia Beach once in 18+ years of diving. I usually go on down to NC (Moorehead City or Beaufort) and dive there. NC has some GREAT Wreck Diving and the Gulf Stream makes this pleasant even this time of year.

I have always used Discovery Diving in Beaufort but have ALWAYS heard good things about Olympus in Moorehead City too. I have just never gotten around to diving with them yet.

Lake Rawlings (jsut south of Petersburg) is my usual spot but it is now getting chilly and will close for year after 11/16/08 (except by appointment).

Tappahannock Scuba Meetup Group

Tappahannock Scuba Meetup Group (Tappahannock, VA) - Meetup.com (http://scuba.meetup.com/202/)

Next meeting is Tuesday Nov. 25th at 6:30pm at Roma's in Tappahannock.
All divers and anyone interested in diving (and eating) are invited.

Go to Meetup Link and signup and RSVP!

ScubaDude
11-11-2008, 20:59
Hello there. I'm up in Fairfax City. Glad to see another "local" member here. I'm basically a newbie. I was wondering if you'd recommend diving out of Va. Beach. Thanks.:smiley20:

Although I've never actually been out of Va. Beach, I've been north and south of it. North, like Ocean City, MD is green water, and south, like North Carolina is blue water and much more warm and clear. Splitting the difference without looking at a Gulf Stream chart, I would say that Va. Beach has some really good diving. Lynnhaven Dive Center is a very reputable shop right in Va. Beach, check 'em out.

hychang
11-17-2008, 14:07
Thanks mheaster and ScubaDude for your suggestions. I'll definitely have to head down that way (N.C. and Va. Beach) as I'd like to get more diving in. Now I just have to juggle my boys' baseball schedules to accomplish this. How does one do this without alienating one's wife (she doesn't dive, no interest in it nor does she really like baseball)?