PDA

View Full Version : Another DDCN diver in the wings!

navyhmc
10-27-2008, 15:22
I would like to nominate CWSWine (Dennis) to the exclusivness of DDCN. We definitely got him cold enough, deep enough for him and is was dark and he was narc'd. One more for the group! :smiley20::smiley36::smiley20:

fire diver
10-27-2008, 16:06
I would like to nominate CWSWine (Dennis) to the exclusivness of DDCN. We definitely got him cold enough, deep enough for him and is was dark and he was narc'd. One more for the group! :smiley20::smiley36::smiley20:

The real question is, did he enjoy it?

Good job bring new divers into the fold!

navyhmc
10-27-2008, 16:37
:smiley20: I would like to think so. He came back for another dive on Sunday...:smiley20:

fire diver
10-27-2008, 17:54
:smiley20: I would like to think so. He came back for another dive on Sunday...:smiley20:

Well, that seems to be enough convict, errrr, I mean accept him into the DDCN divers.

KennyD
10-27-2008, 19:39
Welcome to the "Dark Side".....

navyhmc
10-27-2008, 20:34
Or as the t-shirt I saw said:

Come to the Dark Side!!!!

We Have Cookies!!!!

:smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39:

plot
10-29-2008, 18:00
i was misled into thinking someone switched to a backplate/wing

fire diver
10-29-2008, 19:16
i was misled into thinking someone switched to a backplate/wing

Here at DDCN diving, we don't care what configuration of gear you dive. The requirements for members include ENJOYING diving in one or more (preferably all) of the following conditions: Deep, Dark, Cold, and Narc'ed. Low visibility is also a great plus to a DDCN diver.

Fortunately, if you dive very deep at all in most inland lakes / quarries you probably qualify for membership already!

CWSWine
11-07-2008, 13:32
Just notice this thread, was looking in the midwest forum. Thanks for the vote I accept and yes I had a great time. Those were really what would my first real dives. Would love to get some diving in but with work it gets hard to get away this time of year.

medicdiver
11-07-2008, 22:59
Just notice this thread, was looking in the midwest forum. Thanks for the vote I accept and yes I had a great time. Those were really what would my first real dives. Would love to get some diving in but with work it gets hard to get away this time of year.

I would say take some time off to go diving but I am in the similar boat with you. I just can't seem to find the time to go diving with work and everything else.

navyhmc
11-08-2008, 00:51
Ditto. Of course medicdiver's wife and mine are not as copesetic with diving as Mrs. CWSWine.

CWSWine
11-08-2008, 10:12

I would say take some time off to go diving but I am in the similar boat with you. I just can't seem to find the time to go diving with work and everything else.

Aug to Dec are the busy times but slow times are on the way. Jan we going to spend 10 days ocean diving and most of summer is slow so I will have plenty of time to get some local diving in. If I promise to go shopping after diving my wife loves to go - give a lot and take little seems to work.

dmdoss
11-12-2008, 22:21
Humm, this sounds like a place for me.

navyhmc
11-12-2008, 23:20
Humm, this sounds like a place for me.

(in my best "preacher voice")

Brother dmdoss...can you jus-t-fy your acceptance in the hallowed grounds of those who claim to be a member of the realms of the Deep, Dark Cold and Narc'd? :smiley36::smiley20::D

fire diver
11-13-2008, 00:26
Heck, he lives in Oklahoma. How could he NOT be a member of DDCN divers? Well, I guess he could be a once a year WWW diver but I bet that lake behind him isn't THAT far from his house!

Welcome aboard brother DMDOSS!

navyhmc
11-13-2008, 00:45
Heck, he lives in Oklahoma. How could he NOT be a member of DDCN divers? Well, I guess he could be a once a year WWW diver but I bet that lake behind him isn't THAT far from his house!

Welcome aboard brother DMDOSS!

But, just because he has a lake in the background doesn't necessarily qualify him for DDCN, maybe it's only 15' deep and hot spring fed and clear as bottled water....:smiley36: Maybe he did that clear lake in the background for his open water and the rest of his dives have been in sunny Cozumel...:smilie39:

He hasn't told us his qualifications.

Now then dmdoss, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...unless you start with "No kidding, my dive buddy did this..."? :smiley36: :smiley36:

So, dmdoss, what are your quals?

We will of course take great consideration of your service to your country. :usaflag: Happy belated Veterans day!

dmdoss
11-13-2008, 20:47
Ok for they guys that dont know me. I guess i've been off the board to long, Fire Diver forgot me. Well lets see I dive in zero vis alot, year round. I dove with ice floating on the water. I do recovery work in zero vis lakes. As for cold, and deep, I dive Beaver Lake. Wanna dive dark? I'll take ya to Keystone.... Does the water in the pic count?

KennyD
11-13-2008, 20:59
Do one dive in Oronogo with Kyle and Don and you will get my Vote! Hope to see ya soon!

dmdoss
11-13-2008, 21:04
:smiley36:But you can see in Oronogo!!:smiley36:

Brandon Belew
11-13-2008, 21:06

Sometimes :smiley36:

KennyD
11-13-2008, 21:13

Yes, But the chance of going into a overhead is much greater in the deep areas. When the entrance of a cave/mine is 40 or 50 feet in diameter you can easly swim into one. And the fact of being Narced does not help this matter. Oronogo is a great training ground for all kinds of diving. From your O/W to Tec Deep, Cavern, Cave, Tri Mix. You can do it all at Oronogo. Can you tell I Love the Place??:smiley31:

James1010
11-13-2008, 21:18
Well I dove deep in a lake with visibility of less than a foot, didn't have a wet suit so I was cold, and I didn't see the bottom till I smacked into it. I was looking for a channel to ambush some cat fish but we didn't go through with it because of the vis. Also we did it at 10pm! But I didn't get narced... I have never been narced and I have dove past 100ft.. boo hoo

KennyD
11-13-2008, 21:25
Well I dove deep in a lake with visibility of less than a foot, didn't have a wet suit so I was cold, and I didn't see the bottom till I smacked into it. I was looking for a channel to ambush some cat fish but we didn't go through with it because of the vis. Also we did it at 10pm! But I didn't get narced... I have never been narced and I have dove past 100ft.. boo hoo

I can hear the banjo's playing in the background:smilie39: James, Come on down to Oronogo and we will see if we can hook you up on some good old fashion Narc-Shine......:smiley20:

James1010
11-13-2008, 21:28
Wheres oronogo? Get me narced!!

James1010
11-13-2008, 21:32
I know I just need to go deeper. I was at 110ft and went into a head stand and put my head on the bottom for about 3 minutes trying to get narced. Every little indention in the bottom I swam to and stuck my head into it trying to get narced. But nothing except sand in my hair.

navyhmc
11-13-2008, 21:50
1. Oronogo is in Oronogo, MO. It's about 10 miles north of Joplin Mo in the southwest corner of Missouri. Pool center is 37 11' 25.4" N 94 28' 26.2" W if you want to google earth it. Pool Elevation is arond 890' ASL.

At one time it was the largest open pit mine in the world (circa 1930's) When the ore essentially played out, the pumps were removed and it flooded.

2. If you spent time at the bottom putting your head into every little indentation, you were Narc'd!

ETA: It's juuust a little north of you right now, but when you get back to the states....