PDA

View Full Version : Inpatiently waiting

Brandon Belew
10-28-2008, 14:10
My BP/W comes in tomorrow! :smiley20:

Then i'll be giddy as I thread the bp, then return to dive depression when I realize I can't use it yet.

Oh well.

dallasdivergirl
10-28-2008, 14:17
you are so funny. When can you actually dive?

Brandon Belew
10-28-2008, 14:25
Well i'll need to buy some weight pockets, some bands, a couple tanks, it'll be awhile before its fully up and operational.

A fellow DDCN'r is graciously donating a STA to my cause, so that will help greatly so I can at least dive single tank with it.

Then I can sell my knighthawk to buy some more pieces.

I literally drained my bank account with these purchases. Payday can't come quick enough.

dallasdivergirl
10-28-2008, 14:26
Well i'll need to buy some weight pockets, some bands, a couple tanks, it'll be awhile before its fully up and operational.

A fellow DDCN'r is graciously donating a STA to my cause, so that will help greatly so I can at least dive single tank with it.

Then I can sell my knighthawk to buy some more pieces.

I literally drained my bank account with these purchases. Payday can't come quick enough.

I see.

Good luck getting your rig set up. I am sure the DDCN guys will be happy to see you.

Brandon Belew
10-29-2008, 11:37
It's here! Now, 5pm hurry up so I can at least take a shot at threading this beast.

Rileybri
10-29-2008, 11:51
What did you end up getting for your BP/W combo??

Brandon Belew
10-29-2008, 11:53
What did you end up getting for your BP/W combo??

dive rite aluminum backplate, dive rite classic wing, dive rite deluxe harness

ScubaToys Larry
10-29-2008, 11:58
It's here! Now, 5pm hurry up so I can at least take a shot at threading this beast.

And if you haven't seen it - there is a video on the top of this page on how to thread it: Scuba Diving BCDs Back Plate & Wing with reviews on sale (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/search_results.asp?iLevel=2&subcat=123&txtsearchParamCat=10&txtCatName=2)

Brandon Belew
10-29-2008, 12:00

And if you haven't seen it - there is a video on the top of this page on how to thread it: Scuba Diving BCDs Back Plate & Wing with reviews on sale (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/search_results.asp?iLevel=2&subcat=123&txtsearchParamCat=10&txtCatName=2)

Yep, i've seen it ;)

I'm going to start off by doing the un-manly thing....reading the directions.

I know, I know, revoke my man card.

Rileybri
10-29-2008, 14:41

Yep, i've seen it ;)

I'm going to start off by doing the un-manly thing....reading the directions.

I know, I know, revoke my man card.

Does the deluxe harness thread the same way as a standard HOG??? Looks like it is in two separate pieces the upper shoulder and lower waist connected by an extra D ring in the middle??

Dark Wolf
10-29-2008, 14:54
There is also a quick release buckle on the left shoulder.

DW

fire diver
10-29-2008, 16:21
Don't worry, you'll need a few weeks to get it adjusted just right. Thread it then wear it. Then cruise the internet and read everything you can find on the proper fit of the harness. It should "almost" be diffucult to get your arms in. The "chicken-wing" helps a lot. Oh, you need to do these adjustments while wearing your exposure protection. Just right in a t-shirt will be probably be too tight with 7mil and def too tight in a DS.

Lots of time to be spent in front of the mirror making sure it sits in the right location on your back too. This will help in getting the right position for the manifold of your doubles.

And then time spent tweeking the adjustment of your D-rings so that everything is "just right".

Then, once everything is dialed in, start wearing it around the house! Practice removing and replacing clips on the rings without looking. If you plan on wearing gloves, practice in them too.

See, you have a LOT to keep you accupied until you get wet again.

plot
10-29-2008, 17:57
i keep my harness more loose than snug.