PDA

View Full Version : Dive Inn Scubastore

nikefreekz
10-30-2008, 04:21
hi, anyone here bought anything from them before? any feedback? their Scubapro MK25/S600 price is quite attractive...

check out this link

Mk25 tis2 s600 SCUBAPRO Regulators Regulators United States Of America, buy , prices , offers, Dive Scuba store .com (http://www.scubastore.com/product.asp?pais=United%20States%20of%20America&idioma=eng&id_familia=11&id_subfamilia=381&id_modelo=4472&id=381&desde=0)

in_cavediver
10-30-2008, 04:48
hi, anyone here bought anything from them before? any feedback? their Scubapro MK25/S600 price is quite attractive...

check out this link

Mk25 tis2 s600 SCUBAPRO Regulators Regulators United States Of America, buy , prices , offers, Dive Scuba store .com (http://www.scubastore.com/product.asp?pais=United%20States%20of%20America&idioma=eng&id_familia=11&id_subfamilia=381&id_modelo=4472&id=381&desde=0)

They are what would be considered grey market. IE, they are in Spain and Scubapro wants you to buy only in the US blah blah blah. With that, warranties may be non-existent.

That is one of the reasons I don't buy their products...

nikefreekz
10-30-2008, 04:53
i see, no wonder their prices are better, didn't realise they are based in Spain though...

Defman
10-30-2008, 06:20
I ordered from them once, a long time ago, and all went well FWIW.

ScubaToys Larry
10-30-2008, 06:47
With good US companies like Zeagle - that make regs that rival anything scubapro makes, why not just buy from a company that supports its customers and dealers, and has lifetime warranty - and is US based, and the guys have a good presence here on this forum if there is ever any problem, you can buy their parts kits and even the repair manual if you wish to do your own rebuilds, or if having annuals at a service center, free parts for life... and on and on.

I know that's why I let my money go to Zeagle, Oceanic etc instead of a company with antiquated internet and customer service policies.

nikefreekz
10-30-2008, 08:40

FWIW??

nikefreekz
10-30-2008, 08:42
problem is i'm from Singapore and over here, it's easier to get SP's reg service as compare to Zeagle, though i must say i'm a big fan of zeagle, though i didn't know that you can service zeagle reg yourself...

mwhities
10-30-2008, 08:52

FWIW??

For What Its Worth.

awap
10-30-2008, 08:58
Their prices have gone up quite a bit. I bought a Scubapro Mk20/S600 from them about 8 years ago for $330 plus shipping. No problems and very fast shipping. I believe they are an authorized scubapro dealer in Spain which means that Scubapro service centers should honor the warranty but not USA dealers and no parts-for-life program, if that is important. Years ago, they also sold scubapro (and other) service kits but it looks like the manufacturers got to them and put a stop to it.

nikefreekz
10-30-2008, 10:21
prices are still pretty attractive i must say

Their prices have gone up quite a bit. I bought a Scubapro Mk20/S600 from them about 8 years ago for $330 plus shipping. No problems and very fast shipping. I believe they are an authorized scubapro dealer in Spain which means that Scubapro service centers should honor the warranty but not USA dealers and no parts-for-life program, if that is important. Years ago, they also sold scubapro (and other) service kits but it looks like the manufacturers got to them and put a stop to it.

mike_s
10-30-2008, 13:24
There have been some other threads where people had problems ordering from them in the past, but that could happen to ANY dive shop.

The only thing I'll point out is that they are in Europe, so if you need customer service, you've got to foot the phone bill to call them. (If you notice they don't have a "toll free" number, but a +34 international country code calling number.

You can get it from Leisure Pro if you want to buy it from the US. It's slightly more, but you could PM LeisureProBrent and see if he'd match Dive Inn's price.

here is the items on LP
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/SCPM25S60.html?Search=op%3ddtSearch%26Term%3dmk25% 26SearchFlag%3dall%26AdvSrchSortField%3dRelevance% 26DescSort%3d0%26Description%3don%26Hit%3d1

CompuDude
10-30-2008, 13:58
The difference between buying from LeisurePro and the Spanish shop, though, ScubaPro will not honor any warranty from a LP-purchased reg. Considering out of the US the free-parts-for-life program doesn't exist, the OP needs to decide if they still care about a warranty, which would only cover manufacturing defects, pretty much, which are unlikely. Since the Spanish shop is cheaper, too, I see NO advantage to spending MORE to buy from LP for someone who doesn't live in the U.S.

I'm a big fan of ScubaPro, incidentally. Great regs... the MK25/S600 in particular. And not just because I own them. :) I can understand people's dislike for some of their policies, but that doesn't mean they're not good regs, just that some of their policies for dive shops (many of which only apply in the US) aren't great. For the end user, as long as you're ok with the price, they're fine.

mike_s
10-30-2008, 15:24
Since the Spanish shop is cheaper, too, I see NO advantage to spending MORE to buy from LP for someone who doesn't live in the U.S.

I was suggesting that they check with LP for a pricematch.... but at the time I didn't realize/notice the original poster was in Singapore.....

good catch Compudude.... I agree with what you said based on the fact that they aren't in the US. Definately no advantage to buying from LP in this case....

in_cavediver
10-30-2008, 21:42
With good US companies like Zeagle - that make regs that rival anything scubapro makes, why not just buy from a company that supports its customers and dealers, and has lifetime warranty - and is US based, and the guys have a good presence here on this forum if there is ever any problem, you can buy their parts kits and even the repair manual if you wish to do your own rebuilds, or if having annuals at a service center, free parts for life... and on and on.

I know that's why I let my money go to Zeagle, Oceanic etc instead of a company with antiquated internet and customer service policies.

And this ladies and gentleman is why I shop with ST. The right attitude and great customer service!

namabiru
10-31-2008, 02:16

I can agree with you, Larry, to a point. The companies are wonderful-- if you also reside in the United States. As a global-mobile expat, finding international dealers and/or service centers in your area can be a challenge. You're sometimes limited by what can be serviced locally. (I've got a set of Aqualung regs that should go in, but need to get somewhere where I can get them serviced and returned). Unless you want to part with an extra USD$100 or more for two-way freight. Nikefreekz is lucky-- there is a Zeagle rep. in Singapore. I was looking Scuba Pro myself simply because of the convenience-- there is a dealer in Doha. I'm glad, though, that you posted that you can purchase your own rebuild kits.

To answer the Dive Inn question, though, I've ordered from them too. They were fine. 20 Euros, though, to ship 2 rash guards via DHL to Doha...

rumblefish
11-01-2008, 23:26
They claim to be authorized dealers for everything they sell. They are listed on scubapro's website as being an authorized dealer. This is quoted from their website.

You will find only the best brands at Scubastore.com and because it is not very common for online dive shops, we are very proud of the fact that we are authorized dealers of them all. As such, each and every one of our products comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
They have the cheapest price I've ever seen for the Galileo Sol. I never even gave the Galileo Sol a look until I saw their price. Are there any things I should worry about if I purchase a Galileo Sol from them?

cmburch
11-02-2008, 00:04
I am going to order some Spetton foot pockets and socks from them. I got my OMER match Aluminum reel for $105 from Florida. They have them for $65 with DHL shipping which seems like a more reasonable price for a simple reel. We are taken to the cleaners in the US. Mike G. just got a high end hoseless computer from them about 30% less. I do notice that if items are not in stock they ship separately at additional cost.

BarbadosSlim93
11-02-2008, 10:21
I have recently found myself getting inundated with a LDS in my area regarding "grey market" and internet purchasing of gear. The dive shop is saying it is very dangerous and not good. They also say that the service you get online is sub par. I want to recommend him to come to this site and see what an online shop can do service wise. I myself see price as a big issue, and if I buy something online that is not a life saving piece of equipment, I could care less if it has the warranty if it saves me $100 or more. Now with something like a reg or BCD, I would still buy online, but it would have to be from ST or somewhere that has a good manufacturer's warranty.

ScubaToys Larry
11-02-2008, 10:25
I myself see price as a big issue, and if I buy something online that is not a life saving piece of equipment, I could care less if it has the warranty if it saves me $100 or more. Now with something like a reg or BCD, I would still buy online, but it would have to be from ST or somewhere that has a good manufacturer's warranty.

Remember, as authorized dealers, some times our hands are tied as to what price we can list - but we can normally match any price - and still provide a full manufacturers warranty and our customer service on any item we carry. It's always worth an email or call to see if we can earn your business.

fireflock
11-02-2008, 12:16
Prices in US dollars for stores overseas will change as currency values change. You're better off against the Euro right now than you were even 3 months ago.

Authorized dealers have a geographic area that they are authorized for. DiveInn is authorized for Spain, but not the US. Interestingly, ScubaPro could say 'don't let us catch you sending stuff to a US address', and it would be easy to check, so they must not really care.

ScubaPro regs are living more on reputation than actual quality and innovation these days, IMHO. I've owned SP regs in the past, but would choose brands like Zeagle for diaphragm regs or Atomic for piston regs if was buying today and wanted top quality and solid factory support.

Atomic could take some tips from Zeagle when it comes to sales and parts.

Rich

awap
11-02-2008, 13:02
Authorized dealers have a geographic area that they are authorized for. DiveInn is authorized for Spain, but not the US. Interestingly, ScubaPro could say 'don't let us catch you sending stuff to a US address', and it would be easy to check, so they must not really care.

I doubt if it is a matter of Scubapro not really caring. I'll bet the European consumer protection laws may prohibit businesses from doing some of the things they get away with in the USA. So Scubapro can either live with online sales in the EU or get out of the market. They just are not permitted to exercise the same controls and restrictions they implement in the US.

CompuDude
11-02-2008, 16:11
I have recently found myself getting inundated with a LDS in my area regarding "grey market" and internet purchasing of gear. The dive shop is saying it is very dangerous and not good. They also say that the service you get online is sub par. I want to recommend him to come to this site and see what an online shop can do service wise. I myself see price as a big issue, and if I buy something online that is not a life saving piece of equipment, I could care less if it has the warranty if it saves me $100 or more. Now with something like a reg or BCD, I would still buy online, but it would have to be from ST or somewhere that has a good manufacturer's warranty.

Your LDS is stretching the truth to keep their business model alive.

Buy from a good shop, whether that be in person or online, and you'll get quality equipment.

CompuDude
11-02-2008, 16:13
They claim to be authorized dealers for everything they sell. They are listed on scubapro's website as being an authorized dealer. This is quoted from their website.

You will find only the best brands at Scubastore.com and because it is not very common for online dive shops, we are very proud of the fact that we are authorized dealers of them all. As such, each and every one of our products comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
They have the cheapest price I've ever seen for the Galileo Sol. I never even gave the Galileo Sol a look until I saw their price. Are there any things I should worry about if I purchase a Galileo Sol from them?

I would worry about what will happen to your warranty when you try to send it to ScubaPro USA instead of ScubaPro Europe for service, especially with shipping instructions for a US-based address. But if you're not worried about that, it probably doesn't matter.

rumblefish
11-02-2008, 17:19

You will find only the best brands at Scubastore.com and because it is not very common for online dive shops, we are very proud of the fact that we are authorized dealers of them all. As such, each and every one of our products comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.They have the cheapest price I've ever seen for the Galileo Sol. I never even gave the Galileo Sol a look until I saw their price. Are there any things I should worry about if I purchase a Galileo Sol from them?

I would worry about what will happen to your warranty when you try to send it to ScubaPro USA instead of ScubaPro Europe for service, especially with shipping instructions for a US-based address. But if you're not worried about that, it probably doesn't matter.

True. That being said, if something like that is an issue, does that mean if I travel to foreign country and by gear from a local dive shop while on vacation, I have to send the gear back to the manufacturer's office in the country I purchased it in for service issues? That doesn't seem to make sense.

awap
11-02-2008, 20:33

You should not have a problem at a Scubapro service center, but don't count on any help from a USA LDS.

I would not expect to be able to get warrenty work done while on a dive trip. Just be happy if you can find any shop to fix a problem and pay what they ask. Rental gear may be a better recourse in most cases. Better yet, carry a spare kit and don't even worry about it.

CompuDude
11-02-2008, 22:56

You should not have a problem at a Scubapro service center, but don't count on any help from a USA LDS.

I would not expect to be able to get warrenty work done while on a dive trip. Just be happy if you can find any shop to fix a problem and pay what they ask. Rental gear may be a better recourse in most cases. Better yet, carry a spare kit and don't even worry about it.

True, ScubaPro itself may be willing to contact it's overseas affiliate (maybe?) to track down the paperwork, I doubt most LDS would.

That said, it's more likely that an overseas LDS would be willing to service your US-purchased ScubaPro gear (under warranty, in a pinch) than vice-versa.

oddbod
11-03-2008, 00:10
I have dealt with them before, for cobra computer, was about 1/4 of the price here in Aust. and actually delivered faster than the LDS who didn't have one in stock. With warranty they said just to send it back and they would credit the freight, luckily I didn't need to, and now it is out of warranty so it would be cheaper to buy another if it needed servicing, than send it the Australian distributor!!!!!! Unluckily the price fluctuates with the exchange rate, which is not good at the moment.
PS For being a "Grey Market" supplier they sell a lot of gear, the manufacturers must know their supplying it?:smiley13:

rumblefish
11-03-2008, 00:40
So this is what I've found on Scubapro's website regarding servicing/warranty coverage. This was found in their FAQ section under product support.

If I buy SCUBAPRO UWATEC products overseas, can I get servicing / warranty coverage locally?
Yes, provided you bought the product from an Authorized Dealer.

Can I get warranty / service for products bought through internet websites?
In Europe yes, however only if you purchased your product from an internet website which is an Authorized Dealer.

So are they saying that if you buy scubapro products from the internet in the US, then you won't be able to get service/warranty coverage?

namabiru
11-03-2008, 05:07

Mmm. Warranty work is warranty work. Regular repair, though... is an entirely different story. Being able to take something like regs to a shop wherever you are going that actually has the service kits is a big plus. For me, with my Aqualung regs, it's going to come down to taking them with me when I go on holiday or business (if I find a local shop beforehand and make prior arrangements). Or sending them with someone who is going to, say, the UK and having them put them in for service for me. So ScubaPro is probably going to be the same story. So it goes... life as the expat.