PDA

View Full Version : Installing Lumbar Pad

kong
10-30-2008, 10:09
I just got my lumbar pad in the mail and it seemed really simple to install so I am just checking to make sure I didn't miss a step or mess up since I am not all that mechanically inclined.

If the BC (Brigade) is laying with the bladder facing the floor, there are four plastic screws on each side of the cummerbund facing up. I unscrewed the inner two screws on each side on slipped the strap of the lumbar pad onto the cummerbund. Then I reattached to screws to secure each side of the lumbar pad between four of the screws. It looks like there is a grommet on the lumbar pad strap to put a screw through but the screws included were not long enough so the lumbar pad straps are just in between the screws on the cummerbund. Next I just unvelcroed the shoulder straps and inserted the velcro part of the lumbar pad in between the shoulder straps and the back of the BC.

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks.

ScubaToys Larry
10-30-2008, 10:37
Sounds like you got it. A lot depends on how your cummerbund is adjusted. If for example, it was all the way out in the last holes, then you'd run the screws through the grommet in the hole in the pad - but since yours are set all the way tight - based on your description - it sounds like you got it right!

kong
10-30-2008, 10:40
Thanks. Just checking to make sure it was hooked up correctly. I was a little worried when I figured it out because I was almost certain that I was overlooking something and that it would come apart on me.

kong
10-30-2008, 10:44
but since yours are set all the way tight - based on your description -

I'm guessing that is how it came. So I am able to adjust the cummerbund out to make it longer if the straps "shrink" later on in life? I guess I will have to take a look at that when I got home.

ScottZeagle
10-30-2008, 14:15
Yes...they always ship in the "smallest" position, but can be moved out easily as the BC "shrinks" on you.

;)

waytooslow
10-30-2008, 16:12
Yes...they always ship in the "smallest" position, but can be moved out easily as the BC "shrinks" on you.

;)

I resemble that remark :smiley11: