PDA

View Full Version : Posting titles

rumblefish
10-30-2008, 22:35
I know this might be a small thing, but I was thinking it would be more fun to add more titles then just tadpole, guppy, grouper, and barracuda. Anyone agree?

ScubaDude
10-30-2008, 23:13
It doesn't really matter to me, I'm just here from time to time in an effort to learn, share and keep up with the dive industry.

CompuDude
10-31-2008, 15:41
I know this might be a small thing, but I was thinking it would be more fun to add more titles then just tadpole, guppy, grouper, and barracuda. Anyone agree?

There are lots of titles. You get a new title as you hit certain post # milestones. It's not a personal preference sort of title, it's a title that indicates how active you are on the board.

Charles R
10-31-2008, 15:45

There are lots of titles. You get a new title as you hit certain post # milestones. It's not a personal preference sort of title, it's a title that indicates how active you are on the board.

And if you are on here way to much like some people you get the title of GRAND MASTER SPAMMER!:smilie39:

Largo
10-31-2008, 20:48
How about awarding titles based on answers to online quizzes?

Fish ID, Dive science, etc.

Oooooooh, that's a spicy meatball.

rumblefish
10-31-2008, 21:00

Well, yeah, I realize that the title is based upon post count. But I was just thinking that it would be cool to have more titles, as I've only seen the 4 different titles. I was thinking it would be cool to have a new title like every 100-150 posts. In other words, a more granular post title. It seems like it takes forever to get from guppy to grouper.

Largo
10-31-2008, 21:04
There is a lot of stuff out there that will slow you down in your progression through the "ranks." Cable TV, meeting women, getting a job.

Hang in there.

fanatique
03-27-2009, 11:11
Well I doubt there's a greater honour to be had than "Grand Master Spammer"... ;)