PDA

View Full Version : Ascent Alarm Not Functioning?

ScubaGolf
11-01-2008, 19:25
I have an Aeris Atmos 2 that has been used on 50+ dives over the last 3 years. I cannot recall ever hearing the ascent alarm beeping even though I know that I have exceeded the ascent rate a number of times and the alarm setting is in the "on" position. Any ideas? Is there a volume control on this thing?

ScubaToys Larry
11-01-2008, 19:27
No volume control... It's either on or off. When you turn on the computer do you hear it beep after it's boot up? Have you tried the depth alarm - setting it so you can hit that and see if you hear that one??

Most times - they all work, or if the piezo went out - none work.

ScubaGolf
11-01-2008, 19:47
Larry, thanks for the lightening fast response. I have never heard any kind of beep after booting up. The depth alarm is set for 110', but I am now on dry land until Feb 09 and so can't set it for a test at a shallower depth. I'm thinking the watchamcallit is out. Is that fixable?

WaScubaDude
11-02-2008, 01:43
alarm not working?? Could be a blessing in disguise.
Imagine a peaceful quiet dive with no beep beep beep.
Insane when you have 3 or 4 divers all sounding off with different beeps and buzzes.

ScubaGolf
11-02-2008, 17:26
Larry, I let it shut down and then booted it up again and it does give a single "beep" at the end of booting up. Perhaps it is working correctly and I have just not been in the "too fast" mode long enough for it to start beeping.