PDA

View Full Version : Dive Watch

chicken
11-02-2008, 10:37
I have a 27 year old Seiko dive watch. It has been a great watch but I need to get it serviced. I took it to a local Seiko dealer and now it leaks and the bezel won't turn. I finally got a refund but still need to get the watch serviced.

Does anyone know of a reputable watch shop that can replace the battery and seals and ensure it is waterproof?

rumblefish
11-02-2008, 17:26
I had an issue with my Seiko watch and I sent it into Seiko's official repair center. I bought a grey market dive watch from ebay and flooded it. I thought I had to pay $$$ to have it repaired but they fixed everything free of charge. I did have a warranty card that came with the watch, so they honored it when it came time for repair. When I got it back, they had replaced almost everything so in effect I had a new watch. Very satisfied with their service. Check it out here.

SEIKO (http://www.seikousa.com/howto.html)

fire diver
11-02-2008, 17:56
Glad to here you got great service from Seiko. I plan on sending my Seiko diver in for maintenace after I get home.

PlatypusMan
11-02-2008, 19:04
I had an issue with my Seiko watch and I sent it into Seiko's official repair center. I bought a grey market dive watch from ebay and flooded it. I thought I had to pay $$$ to have it repaired but they fixed everything free of charge. I did have a warranty card that came with the watch, so they honored it when it came time for repair. When I got it back, they had replaced almost everything so in effect I had a new watch. Very satisfied with their service. Check it out here.

SEIKO (http://www.seikousa.com/howto.html)

For what it's worth, the Mahwah NJ operation is the ONLY one that Seiko has for their watches in the US. As a semi-retired watch repairman, if I'm not doing the work myself--that's where I tell folks to send their Seikos for service.

PPM

warscout2
11-02-2008, 22:43
I have a citizen dive watch and i sent it in to get a new band on it and they wanted 95 bucks for just the standard rubber band

oddbod
11-03-2008, 00:17
I have a 27 year old Seiko dive watch. It has been a great watch but I need to get it serviced. I took it to a local Seiko dealer and now it leaks and the bezel won't turn. I finally got a refund but still need to get the watch serviced.

Does anyone know of a reputable watch shop that can replace the battery and seals and ensure it is waterproof?

Unluckily with a watch that old, parts may not be available, depending on what is needed, to get it water resistant, so check before paying for a service. Generally if Seiko couldn't get it right then you may find no one can:smiley19:

chicken
11-03-2008, 05:37
I think the main problem is I didn't send it to Seiko but used a local store. The watches really haven't changed muchover the years. I looked at the new ones and they are similar to mine. I just need an o-ring, battery, and adjustment hopefully it can be done.

Thanks for the link rumblefish, I will call them this morning.