PDA

View Full Version : Mermet Sunday 11-9

skdvr
11-06-2008, 16:09
I am kind of thinking about making a trip down to Mermet Sunday morning and coming back sunday evening... Is anyone going to be down there that I could buddy up with? Is there anyone in the St Louis area that may want to carpool down?

Phil

SteveC
11-06-2008, 23:20
We are going down on Saturday, and will probably dive Sunday also.

skdvr
11-07-2008, 07:43
We are going down on Saturday, and will probably dive Sunday also.

How long do you think that you would be down there on Sunday? I would like to get in at least two dives....

Phil

SteveC
11-07-2008, 21:10
I’m really not sure. Depends on the weather. But there will be lots of people down there. I know Marks going, so there should be no shortage of dive buddies.

skdvr
11-07-2008, 23:32
Iím really not sure. Depends on the weather. But there will be lots of people down there. I know Marks going, so there should be no shortage of dive buddies.

Well hell, if Marks going then I'm in....:smiley20:

we will see. If the weather is looking good then I may just head down and hopefully someone will be there to dive with.... If I am unsure about finding a buddy down there I may just head out to The Dive Stop....

Thanks
Phil

skdvr
11-08-2008, 21:02
Decided to go to The Dive Stop instead... A buddy of mine built a new toy he wanted to play with and The Dive Stop would be a better place....

Plus I was wanting to do some deep diving out at Mermet and I would want someone else with doubles or at the very least a big single and pony. My normal doubles buddies are all busy....

Phil

SteveC
11-09-2008, 18:25
We ended up not diving on Sunday. The weather was kinda cold and over cast.

mm2002
12-07-2008, 19:34
Wow, I felt bad that I didn't see this thread earlier, but things have been a little crazy in my life.
Yeah, it was cold. Thank god for those hot showers!
Didn't do any deep diving, but went to 80 in a wetsuit. That was plenty chilly for me!

skdvr
12-07-2008, 20:30
I was down there yesterday and the vis was probably 30ft or better above 80ft. Below 80ft the vis went to nothing. Glen says that it is in the process of turning over right now. Water temp was 52 from the top down to about 80ft and then we saw 48 below 80, but that was for a very short time then we came back up above the much. I personally thought that it was cooler than 48.

Phil

mm2002
12-07-2008, 21:26
I didn't realize it ever turned, but makes sense. If I remember correctly, the temps at 80 were around 48 or so, but the vis was probably 40ft +. It was absolutely crystal clear below 60ft. The vis up shallower probably ranged from 6 ft to a best of maybe 20 ft at the nose of the plane. Amazing how it changes so drastically in such a small body of water. Still, it's about the best fresh water diving I've ever done. Damn well worth the drive.