PDA

View Full Version : Brigade sizing????

Hawkeyenfo
11-08-2008, 10:54
Hi all,

Finally jumping into BC ownership and really like the Brigade! :smiley20: I'm 6-2, 205, 34-35 in waist and am wondering what size BC other folks are wearing who are built similar to me. From the sizing chart, it seems like I'd be a large shoulder and med waist. That said, I'm looking at buying used and would like to know if "large" will be too big in the waist belts. Any thoughts....recommendations?

Thanks! Chris

kong
11-08-2008, 11:24
I'm 6' 3", 230lbs, 36" waist, so I am a little bigger than you but I went with a large. On the smallest size setting it was a little tight so I moved the cummerbund bands out to the next setting. That was with wearing a 5mm wetsuit which adds a little to the waist.

Large on the smallest setting should fit you well. There is also the lumbar pad which will take up some of the room.

Hawkeyenfo
11-08-2008, 11:38
Thanks, how do you like it so far???

cbope
11-08-2008, 11:53
I'm 6'0", 35" waist and about 210, I went with the large Brigade. It's very adjustable and I won't have any problems fitting it over a drysuit.

I also plan to add the lumber pad in the future and there's plenty of room and adjustability for that.

kong
11-08-2008, 12:17
Thanks, how do you like it so far???

I am happy so far. I went straight from a rental jacket-style used for my OW dives to the brigade so I really have nothing else to compare it to. It is really comfortable and easy to change out and add components. I added the rear weight pockets and they help out a lot.

fisheater
11-08-2008, 20:05
One of the great things about Zeagle BCs is the ability to have different sized parts for a more custom fit.

Call ScubaToys, give them your measurements and those pros will tell you exactly what sized parts you need.

Zenagirl
11-09-2008, 07:35
My husband dove a SeaQuest BC for the first 3 years post-certification and switched to a Zeagle Ranger almost 2 years ago. He has said more than once that he wishes he had STARTED with the Ranger and not wasted time/money/energy on the SeaQuest. ;)

You simply cannot go wrong IMO with a Brigade.

Mecha
12-15-2008, 16:03
been thinking of a bc soon.
i went to ST and tried on a few..
had one of the sales guys help me out.

i went there to try on a sherwood avid mostly and see what size i was.
i fit nicely in a XL avid.

the sales guy had me try on the large brigade.
the cumberbun was way to big but it was on the biggest settings.

when i throw my money down it will be on a large brigade at ST

ScottZeagle
12-17-2008, 08:11

With the waist panel set to the largest setting, it probably equals most brands standard XL....

(I am just making an educated guess on this, and I want to get rid of that message on my screen saying I haven't posted in a while, cause it makes me feel guilty)

;)

Mecha
12-21-2008, 16:05

With the waist panel set to the largest setting, it probably equals most brands standard XL....

(I am just making an educated guess on this, and I want to get rid of that message on my screen saying I haven't posted in a while, cause it makes me feel guilty)

;)

oh in that case scott to ease your guilt i think you need to send me a Large brigade just so you feel better about yourself ya know?

im trying to help you help me!!

ScottZeagle
12-22-2008, 09:19
I have forwarded your request to the fat guy in a red suit...

He said he would see what he could do, so keep an eye out!!!!

Of cuorse, he was ringing a bell outside fo WalMart, so I'm not sure I trust him all that much...

Good luck...and happy holidays!

;)

Mecha
12-22-2008, 17:00
I have forwarded your request to the fat guy in a red suit...

He said he would see what he could do, so keep an eye out!!!!

Of cuorse, he was ringing a bell outside fo WalMart, so I'm not sure I trust him all that much...

Good luck...and happy holidays!

;)

see thats what i like about the Zeagle company always going the extra mile to help a potential customer. :smiley20: