PDA

View Full Version : UW Housing Service??

Cheddarchick
11-09-2008, 18:49
Any ideas on where to send my Olympus PT30 housing for service? I need the o-rings on the buttons changed & the unit pressured tested. Oly doesn't offer this service on the PT30 any more.

RoyN
11-09-2008, 21:49
I really don't know unfortunately. The store near my area kinda does service, but they give me the parts for me to install it myself. Not exactly what I have in mind.

Cheddarchick
11-10-2008, 05:06
oooo scary thought

James1010
11-10-2008, 10:04
They let you change it out? They must be trying to get rid of you while you are diving... Just kidding I can barely clamp my octo to my BCD let alone add parts.

scubarobin
11-10-2008, 10:36
my husband has the PT-015 for his Oly5050z and we had wondered the same thing. :smiley20: That housing hasn't been available anywhere for 3+ years. But guess what - Olympus did the service. Call them and talk to them. They had us send in our housing and they sent us a brand new one. (they didn't tell us they would do this, they told us they were only doing service on our old one). Trust me on this, better than service, a new one still in the box! We did it last year as my hubby's housing was 4 yrs old and starting to show stress around buttons. We were amazed that the cost was less than $200 I think for a brand new housing that you can't buy anwhere anymore! :smiley20:
Have you called them at all?

VRod RS
11-10-2008, 17:59
Any ideas on where to send my Olympus PT30 housing for service? I need the o-rings on the buttons changed & the unit pressured tested. Oly doesn't offer this service on the PT30 any more.

Is there something specifically wrong with your o-rings? Do you suspect they are getting close to failing?

Just an FYI, I do have 2 of the PT-030 housings that I am interested in selling if you have problems with your housing.

Cheddarchick
11-10-2008, 18:16
Thanks all. Nothing wrong with the housing, I just see a little build-up around a couple of the buttons. Maybe I am paranoid, but with the cameras being so hard to find now I like to worry well in advance. I'll call Oly Robin and see what they say...