PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with the ML forum??

cowgirldiver
11-13-2008, 12:35
What's going on with your forum guys??? It used to be so interesting to read-now there haven't been any posts since the 9th. Are you all so busy posting over in our section that you can't come up with anything for yours????:smiley5:

loudgonzo
11-13-2008, 13:29
hunting season, duh!....women..., JK:smiley36:

Daz
11-13-2008, 14:57
Actually, we've determined that for now we know everything and there is nothing that needs discussing.

MSilvia
11-13-2008, 15:00
We're actually communicating about deep and important man things. We're just doing it in our characteristicly male way that doesn't involve lots of talking or having feelings. Sorry to cut you ladies out of the loop.

CompuDude
11-13-2008, 15:28
We're busy doing man things.

No Misses
11-13-2008, 15:29
Ok Cowgirldiver, you asked for it!

Writing your name in the snow: Winter ritual or one time thing. Discuss...

MSilvia
11-13-2008, 15:46
Winter ritual or one time thing. Discuss...
I write my na
Damn... I need another beer.

dwatts
11-13-2008, 16:27
Winter ritual or one time thing. Discuss...
I write my na
Damn... I need another beer.

Here ya go...
http://www1.bestgraph.com/gifs/gastronomie/bieres/bieres-08.gif

scubastud
11-13-2008, 16:52
Women in this section must present a picture in order to post...
sorry not my rules

gNats
11-13-2008, 16:59
sorry not my rules

Geez... wait until I find you in the women's forum.

How's this?

Now, come'on, let's get some irrelevant nonsensical discussion going regarding the benefits of charcoal versus wood chips. :smilie39:

fire diver
11-13-2008, 17:32
sorry not my rules

How's this?

Now, come'on, let's get some irrelevant nonsensical discussion going regarding the benefits of charcoal versus wood chips. :smilie39:

Well, I find that my charcoal will burn out several times while smoking a hookah, requiring more coal to be brought out. I don't think wood chips would do much for a water-pipe. :smiley2:

scubastud
11-13-2008, 17:50
To quote the words of the Great Hank Hill... propane and propane accesories.
nice picture, I am originally from Michigan, a little town called Clawson...
First dive was in.. umm 79 at Stoney Creek, know where that is?
I don't have a sexy picture of me... but many say my son is good looking.
If I post on women's forum, I will post a picture of him and say it's me.

gNats
11-13-2008, 17:58
To quote the words of the Great Hank Hill... propane and propane accesories.
nice picture, I am originally from Michigan, a little town called Clawson...
First dive was in.. umm 79 at Stoney Creek, know where that is?
I don't have a sexy picture of me... but many say my son is good looking.
If I post on women's forum, I will post a picture of him and say it's me.

14 Mile-ish and John R area. Know Clawson well. And, yes, I grew up practically at Stoney Creek and Metro (on Lk. St. Clair).

I remember when there were HORSES for hire just outside Stoney. Long gone now.

SkuaSeptember
11-14-2008, 06:31
sorry not my rules

How's this?

You can use woodchips for flavor when you grill, but charcoal is horrible when used as landscaping mulch!:smiley2:

BTW... If you can prove that cooler you are sitting on is filled with beer, fish or lobster your honorary Man Card will be mailed out.

gNats
11-14-2008, 06:55
sorry not my rules

How's this?

You can use woodchips for flavor when you grill, but charcoal is horrible when used as landscaping mulch!:smiley2:

BTW... If you can prove that cooler you are sitting on is filled with beer, fish or lobster your honorary Man Card will be mailed out.

That cooler was filled with 1 case of Labatts Blue and a handful of Bass Ale and a bottle of Rootbeer Schnapps. Girls Weekend (6 of us) at a Dude Ranch in western Michigan.

I drink the Blue btw.

cowgirldiver
11-14-2008, 07:46
I've got some Labatts aging in my fridge right now!!

wgt
11-14-2008, 07:54
Wow! For sentimental reasons, I officially nominate gNats and cowgirldiver for honorary man cards.

That cooler was filled with 1 case of Labatts Blue...I drink the Blue btw.

gNats
11-14-2008, 08:33
Wow! For sentimental reasons, I officially nominate gNats and cowgirldiver for honorary man cards.

That cooler was filled with 1 case of Labatts Blue...I drink the Blue btw.

I proudly and humbly accept the nomination. :smiley20:

Cowgirl?

cowgirldiver
11-14-2008, 08:41
I'm not sure-are we worthy???

navyhmc
11-14-2008, 08:44
Bring the labatts and maybe some leinies and we'll consider you worthy!

wgt
11-14-2008, 08:50
Amen, Brother Navy.

gNats
11-14-2008, 09:04

Okay, I'm almost AFRAID to ask. What the ell is a leinies?

{backing out of ML forum quietly and oh so cautiously}

wgt
11-14-2008, 09:07
I believe the he meant "weinies"...In time, you'll learn not to worry about trivial matters such as spelling...we are actually satisfied to be anywhere beyond the grunting phase of evolution.

gNats
11-14-2008, 09:14
PHEW. I mean, I realize that I can have a perverted mind, granted, but I couldn't put that one together.

Weinies, yeah, I can bring them.

I believe the he meant "weinies"...In time, you'll learn not to worry about trivial matters such as spelling...we are actually satisfied to be anywhere beyond the grunting phase of evolution.

wgt
11-14-2008, 09:21
You must embrace the perversion rather than fear it...walk towards the light, gNat...trust the card...

PHEW. I mean, I realize that I can have a perverted mind, granted, but I couldn't put that one together.

Weinies, yeah, I can bring them.

Skred
11-14-2008, 09:28

Or maybe he meant leinenkugel? Works for me...

:urinate:

No Misses
11-14-2008, 09:32
Leinies = Leinenkugel

The Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co. Welcomes You! (http://www.leinie.com/home.html)

I have been to the great white north. Ya hey der. Howse aboot you pass me beer eh.

YouTube - 12 Days of Christmas Told by Bob and Doug Mackenzie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WCXnlFWaIY)

wgt
11-14-2008, 09:35
Navy is clearly a genius of masculine double entendre -- what a role model!!

gNats
11-14-2008, 09:40
And I will even throw in a batch of the Leinie cookies!

Leinies = Leinenkugel

The Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co. Welcomes You! (http://www.leinie.com/home.html)

I have been to the great white north. Ya hey der. Howse aboot you pass me beer eh.

YouTube - 12 Days of Christmas Told by Bob and Doug Mackenzie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WCXnlFWaIY)

No Misses
11-14-2008, 09:49
gNats, you should change your location name from Harper Woods to "The base of the Thumb"

For those that don't get it. It's a MI thing.

gNats
11-14-2008, 09:53
Just make sure you hold your left hand like you are wearing a mitten when you point to the base of the thumb.

I actually remember in elementary school being quizzed on where different cities were in Michigan and using our left hands to point to Traverse City, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Port Huron and Alpena (where my family has a cottage). It's really impressive when you can narrow down Gaylord!

gNats, you should change your location name from Harper Woods to "The base of the Thumb"

BuzzF117
11-14-2008, 19:51

Being from Indiana I figured it was a reference to beer also

scubastud
11-15-2008, 06:40

Nooo! Gnats, do what I do and say you are from Detroit, that way no one will mess wit ya!

navyhmc
11-15-2008, 07:00

Yes, I meant Leinenkugels...A great little beer company and really great Beer. Usually can't get it in KS :smiley19::smilie39:

gNats
11-15-2008, 08:13

Nooo! Gnats, do what I do and say you are from Detroit, that way no one will mess wit ya!

And be the laughing-stock of the board? Haven't you read the papers? I know our circus of a city council and mayor were reported nationally. Um, no thanks. I prefer to omit Detroit when referencing where I am. I say I am "close to Lake St. Clair" instead.

LOL.

Splitlip
11-15-2008, 08:15
Beer talk in the Man's forum. Time for the Beer song!

YouTube - monsters in the morning - storm aid - beer song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odvaMAq7dnc)

Wake up time. Speakers on!

gNats
11-15-2008, 08:15

Yes, I meant Leinenkugels...A great little beer company and really great Beer. Usually can't get it in KS :smiley19::smilie39:

There will be leinies at the North Midwest Meets South Midwest Bash 2009.

I'll be happy to take orders and bring as much down as I can fit in my car. Just don't make me choose between beer and scuba stuff.... I mean, come'on now... that would be cruel and unusual punishment!

Bert
11-15-2008, 09:06
No gNats cruel and unusual punishment would be making you bring your scubagear,beer,weenies, and the entire detroit city councile including the dishonerable Kwammie(ps you would also be in a ford fiesta)

gNats
11-15-2008, 09:13
No gNats cruel and unusual punishment would be making you bring your scubagear,beer,weenies, and the entire detroit city councile including the dishonerable Kwammie(ps you would also be in a ford fiesta)

Bert -you just nominated yourself for the first shift in the backseat with the Kwamster. He should be out of jail by then with lots of free time on his hands!

Where I grew up, if you nominated someone (i.e., younger sister) for an icky chore - you were given first shift! Yes, my parents had a very twisted idea on how to install maturity and responsibility in their girls.:smiley36:

And, no headphones in the backseat. I want him to be able to explain his comeback return that we set him up for in great detail to you!

scubastud
11-15-2008, 09:37
Hey! Madonna says she is from Detroit to prove how tough she is! (We know she grew up in Lake Orion.)

Bert
11-15-2008, 09:40
Thats fine but, I plan on playing SLUGBUG.

DollFin
11-17-2008, 21:17
Hey do I get an honorary "man card" too?? I drink beer and I'm not ashamed to admit I've peed in my wetsuit. Plus I hang out here more than the girl's forum anyhow and think I've made some pretty good contributions in the last year!!

James1010
11-17-2008, 21:21
It's our plot to take over.....

Splitlip
11-17-2008, 21:30
Hey do I get an honorary "man card" too?? I drink beer and I'm not ashamed to admit I've peed in my wetsuit. Plus I hang out here more than the girl's forum anyhow and think I've made some pretty good contributions in the last year!!

She is back!
:heartpump::luxhello::ylsuper::worship::yelclap::p arty::tuut::anim_beer::toast:

:mc06:

Oh yeah. I'll let you have mine.

gNats
11-17-2008, 21:50

Hey Dollfin!

Good to meet you and eeeeewwwwww!

I feel the same way about hanging out in the man's forum.

cowgirldiver
11-18-2008, 09:01
Hey Dollfin:

You were one of the people I was talking about in the missing posters thread!! From what I can tell, you just have to talk about beer, having beer or bringing beer (and the assorted goodies that go along with it!!)

neugierig
11-18-2008, 10:38
in the forum basically we manly men just talk about manly man things in a manly man way

DollFin
11-18-2008, 11:07
Hey Dollfin:

You were one of the people I was talking about in the missing posters thread!! From what I can tell, you just have to talk about beer, having beer or bringing beer (and the assorted goodies that go along with it!!)

But would that mean I'd have to show up naked??

Splitlip
11-18-2008, 11:15
Ok,now you're just toying with us.

mm_dm
11-18-2008, 11:15
[quote=DollFin;246556

But would that mean I'd have to show up naked??[/quote]

Yes. Just bring your snorkle wax.:smiley36:

(I'm surprised Splitlip didn't beat me to this)

edit: crap. I type too slow.

cowgirldiver
11-18-2008, 11:45
I somehow managed to receive my honorary man card without showing up naked.....

Skred
11-18-2008, 11:46

Oversight committee, please address this immediately!:smilie39::smilie39:

gNats
11-18-2008, 11:47

Good point cowgirldiver!

Dollfin - offer to bring some Leinies on the next dive outing. Those are like "get out of jail free" cards.

cowgirldiver
11-18-2008, 11:55
The mention of LaBatts also seemed to be well received.

DollFin
11-18-2008, 12:00

Good point cowgirldiver!

Dollfin - offer to bring some Leinies on the next dive outing. Those are like "get out of jail free" cards.

Leinies are hard to come by around here, but I can bring a good assortment of Abita, Blackened Voodoo, Dixie, and possibly toss in a few Sierra Nevadas for good measure. (If we're in Florida, I can get hold of Yeingling too!)

SkuaSeptember
11-18-2008, 13:10
Hey Dollfin:

But would that mean I'd have to show up naked??
Naked is not MANdatory, just desirable!:smiley2:

Splitlip
11-18-2008, 17:34

I think her name was merely put on the slate. I don't recall an official appointment.

CFDAlden
11-19-2008, 01:03
Naked is not MANdatory, just desirable!:smiley2:

I'd like to bring this up for a revote! :smiley36:

Skred
11-19-2008, 08:39

I think her name was merely put on the slate. I don't recall an official appointment.

So that means the double secret initiation ceremony hasn't been scheduled either!?

mm_dm
11-19-2008, 08:57

So that means the double secret initiation ceremony hasn't been scheduled either!?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's a secret. Even we don't know about it.

monant
11-21-2008, 10:41
What's going on with your forum guys??? It used to be so interesting to read-now there haven't been any posts since the 9th. Are you all so busy posting over in our section that you can't come up with anything for yours????:smiley5:

Apparently, from a post in the Woman Issues Forum, a lot of men have been posting there and not here.

DollFin
11-21-2008, 10:48

Apparently, from a post in the Woman Issues Forum, a lot of men have been posting there and not here.

It's just like when we were kids and the girls would sneak over to the boys' camp and vise versa!

Skred
11-21-2008, 10:52

That's just the recon team!:smiley2:

monant
11-21-2008, 11:46
It's OK for a man to go to the Woman Issues Forum if they have their cootie shots.

fire diver
11-21-2008, 13:26
It's OK for a man to go to the Woman Issues Forum if they have their cootie shots.

I hear there is a new strain of drug resistant cooties over there. Proceed at your own risk!

Don't forget to take your orange pills and your NBC suit in case of all-out cootie warfare.

gNats
11-21-2008, 13:56

I hear there is a new strain of drug resistant cooties over there. Proceed at your own risk!

Don't forget to take your orange pills and your NBC suit in case of all-out cootie warfare.

Too late. We brought the cooties to you!

Skred
11-21-2008, 14:09

Too late. We brought the cooties to you!

http://www.braintree.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/9558B5E6-594F-405B-9A4A-8B15698BE991/0/Fleadog.jpg