PDA

View Full Version : Coming and going to Cozumel

cowgirldiver
11-14-2008, 22:26
Looks like many of us may be passing each other in the Dallas/Houston airports in the coming weeks on our way to/from Cozumel. I will be there Dec. 4-8 OKC-Dallas-Coz-reverse it on the way back.

SynCitizen
11-15-2008, 01:03
Maybe we'll see ya on a dive boat... will be in Coz from Dec 5~12th. WooHoo!!

Daz
11-15-2008, 01:55
Won't see you guys there as I won't get in until January 8 - but I'll have nine days to run into other forum members...

chace_nicole
11-15-2008, 21:59
I leave next week...wooohooo! Nov 20-24th!

cowgirldiver
11-16-2008, 09:34
Who will you be diving with? We will be heading out each day with Chucho divers and staying at Casa del Mar and leave out of the del Mar pier. We are usually a fairly large group-in August there were 14. Last I heard this time we are more down around 8.

CWSWine
11-16-2008, 09:37
We are staying in Playa but probably will do a Cozumel dive or two. Yes going though Houston on the 16th of Jan and coming back on the 25 of Jan.

SynCitizen
11-16-2008, 10:24
Who will you be diving with? We will be heading out each day with Chucho divers and staying at Casa del Mar and leave out of the del Mar pier. We are usually a fairly large group-in August there were 14. Last I heard this time we are more down around 8.

Staying at Fiesta Americana. Haven't locked in a dive op yet. I've been keeping an eye on recent reviews of the dive ops to see which ones are currently getting good marks. Last year we dove with aqua world and scuba shack. Both were very good but I thought aqua world had a little more commercialized feel and scuba shack with the 6 pack boat was a bit more intimate LOL. Since the GF only had done the resort course at the time she couldnt come with me on the little boat to palancar. four of the people on the boat were a family so they kept to themselves and the DM became my insta buddy so he took me through some swim throughs that were amazing.

cowgirldiver
11-17-2008, 12:54
We also did some swim throughs when I was there. It's always cool to try out some new things. This time I'm going solo and will pair up with whoever needs a buddy. It wore me down a little last time always looking to see where my son was...

TRACI
11-17-2008, 14:16
9 days for me. Seems such a looong time!

cowgirldiver
11-17-2008, 18:13
At work, I'm sure they are going to be irritated with me. Next week we have 2 days off for Thanksgiving and then I leave again on the Thursday after (to Coz) and won't be back till Tues. That gives me 2 three day and one 4 day work weeks. Then before you know it, the holiday season will be upon us-we get 1.5 weeks off for that (which I will be spending at home:smiley19:) Then a few more weeks and it's off the the Cayman's. Oh, yeah, I'm sure I'll get a few comments about whether I ever work....

James1010
11-17-2008, 19:23
Well I'll be in Cancun from January 1st 09 to September 20th 09... He he, when you guys come down when I am there I will be sure to do some diving with you all. I'll take you to the great spots that not all know about in Mexico!!

Wet Set Water Adventures of Mexico..the best little PADI dive center in the Mexican Caribbean (http://www.wetset.com)

teerlkay
11-19-2008, 12:51

Staying at Fiesta Americana. Haven't locked in a dive op yet. I've been keeping an eye on recent reviews of the dive ops to see which ones are currently getting good marks. Last year we dove with aqua world and scuba shack. Both were very good but I thought aqua world had a little more commercialized feel and scuba shack with the 6 pack boat was a bit more intimate LOL. Since the GF only had done the resort course at the time she couldnt come with me on the little boat to palancar. four of the people on the boat were a family so they kept to themselves and the DM became my insta buddy so he took me through some swim throughs that were amazing.

If you're still researching dive ops check our Scuba Mau - and no, i have no affiliation, other than a happy customer. They will NOT feel commercialized - small groups, fast boats, great dive guides

Scuba Mau Cozumel (http://www.scubamaucozumel.com/)

SynCitizen
11-22-2008, 16:41
Anyone coming down may want to check out these coupons to save a buck or two and perhaps get a chance to visit/do something different while you're there.

Cozumel coupons (http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Coupons)

hydro
11-26-2008, 22:03
I'll be there (Fiesta Americana) with a group out of Houston Dec 4th-10th. Maybe I'll run into a few of you.

SynCitizen
11-27-2008, 21:52
Maybe we'll see ya on a dive boat... will be in Coz from Dec 5~12th. WooHoo!! EDIT: 3rd~10th

I'll be there (Fiesta Americana) with a group out of Houston Dec 4th-10th. Maybe I'll run into a few of you.
Same time, same hotel. Hopefully see ya there!

Soonerwink
11-28-2008, 20:52
Looks like many of us may be passing each other in the Dallas/Houston airports in the coming weeks on our way to/from Cozumel. I will be there Dec. 4-8 OKC-Dallas-Coz-reverse it on the way back.
Be sure and take some pics and bring to our dive club meeting in Jan.

cowgirldiver
11-29-2008, 22:35
Yeah, maybe I can bring them with the pictures I still don't have developed from my last trip to Coz!!!! Nice underwater camera next on the "to-buy" list!! Guess if I stopped spending all my money on trips I could afford one!!

Soonerwink
11-30-2008, 21:25
Yeah, maybe I can bring them with the pictures I still don't have developed from my last trip to Coz!!!! Nice underwater camera next on the "to-buy" list!! Guess if I stopped spending all my money on trips I could afford one!!
I would trade you a good u/w camera for a trip to Coz.:smiley36: You can always do what I did before I got my camera. That is to get the email address of the divers on your boat with a camera. You can usually get them to send you the pictures they took and there is a good chance you may even be in one. You can't take one of yourself if you are the photographer.

cowgirldiver
12-01-2008, 09:23
Yeah, I got lucky that way with our last trip to Cozumel. I went diving down at Lake Murray in Sept. and one of the guys just happened to have been on the Coz trip taking pictures. He sent me a CD with all of the pictures on it-and there were some of my son and I!!!