PDA

View Full Version : Dating question

Largo
11-16-2008, 20:24
I have a two-part question, but I need to preface it with some background information. I tend to date a woman for only six months before I get bored. At about the six-month point, I begin to think to myself, "Domino would look a lot better with green eyes." or "Fiona would look a lot better with blond hair." Usually, I've already got another filly in my sites, and I'm almost ready to cut her out of the herd. The problem is that six months is not long enough to get to know a person well enough for a serious relationship.

Here's my two-part question.

1. Does this make me a bad person?

2. If so, should I care?

scubastud
11-16-2008, 21:02
Do you want a serious relationship?
Naw this just makes you the king of man's law forum.. do you want my screename? I am married anyhew, this name is kind of an inside joke.

Seven years ago, I kinda felt like that, but met a glorious gal and never looked back, I don't think it's you- you just haven't found "her" yet.
As long as you let the women know the score, what's wrong with having fun?
If she says I love you.. remember the basic stock answer "I love you too kid."
Chuck Norris would be proud.

firemedic8082
11-16-2008, 21:24
As long as you dont lead "Domino" to believe you are in it for the long haul you should be good to go.

traildawg59
11-16-2008, 22:04
no and no be yourself but also up front with the ladies then go diving and enjoy the view

sabbath999
11-16-2008, 22:48
It does not make you a bad person.

Single, yes... bad, no.

fire diver
11-16-2008, 22:55
Well, maybe if you'd quit using cigarettes and ice, applied scientifically just becuase poor Domino bought a cheap camera on the island gift shop.

I mean really, take it out on your henchmen, not the girl.

kong
11-16-2008, 23:49
There is nothing wrong with having different toys to play around with. Better to end it sooner than later. You don't want to make a mistake that requires you to give up half of your stuff to get out of.

Splitlip
11-17-2008, 06:35
I have a two-part question, but I need to preface it with some background information. I tend to date a woman for only six months before I get bored. At about the six-month point, I begin to think to myself, "Domino would look a lot better with green eyes." or "Fiona would look a lot better with blond hair." Usually, I've already got another filly in my sites, and I'm almost ready to cut her out of the herd. The problem is that six months is not long enough to get to know a person well enough for a serious relationship.

Here's my two-part question.

1. Does this make me a bad person?

2. If so, should I care?
No and no. It makes you my hero and makes me your biggest fan.

gNats
11-17-2008, 08:00
Hey Largo,

Speaking as one of the Domino's in the world.... (why do I feel as if I just lost IQ points with that statement?)

No. I don't think that this makes you a bad person.

But, I have a question (because inquiring minds like mine need to know).

Did you ask (post) this question because you are discontent with the pattern you described? Or, were you merely creating stimulating and thought-provoking thread in the Mens Laws Forum (which at times is much more interesting than the Women's Forum). :smiley32:

gNats
11-17-2008, 08:02
If she says I love you.. remember the basic stock answer "I love you too kid."
Chuck Norris would be proud.

I thought the stock answer was "Ditto"

Shoot, PROUD, Chuck Norris would be TIRED.

emcbride81
11-17-2008, 10:05
I was the same way till I met my wife. She ended up being someone that I loved to hang around with. I guess it may be cheesy to say, but if they can't be one of the coolest people you could hang around there is no use marrying them. You can only have sex so many times in the day, you need to be able to have fun in other ways too! :)

navyhmc
11-17-2008, 10:49
Well, maybe if you'd quit using cigarettes and ice, applied scientifically just becuase poor Domino bought a cheap camera on the island gift shop.

I say fire diver has the win!:smilie39::smiley20:

Splitlip
11-17-2008, 11:03
You can only have sex so many times in the day, you need to be able to have fun in other ways too! :)

Please leave your man card at the door as you exit.
Thank you.

fire diver
11-17-2008, 12:03
You can only have sex so many times in the day, you need to be able to have fun in other ways too! :)

Thank you.

:smilie39: Awesome post Splitlip! I nominate this as post of the month, maybe even post of the year! :smiley32:

MConnelly2
11-17-2008, 12:33
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

A fast and loose lifestyle will eventually run out anyhow, whether you find a woman you want to settle down with, or you reach that point where you wake up to pee twice a night and all your joints are sore in the morning - and you can remember the dumb, seemed-like-fun-at-the-time things that caused each of those pains.

So enjoy it. Work hard, play harder.

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.

MConnelly2
11-17-2008, 12:47
Okay, stoooorytime!!! And this little anecdote has a moral to it, not so veiled in allegory.

As a teenager, I lived life very fast and hard. Matter of fact, never settled down until I met my wife. But in the crazy, can't believe I survived them days, there was this girl that I was always after. Never got her. She was one of those 'good girls'. I was NOT a good boy. I lived with utter disregard, nary the most minute thoughts of consequence of my actions or lifestyle. (oddly enough, I didn't really drink much. Never started drinking much until I had a job that randomly drug tests.) So needless to say, although this girl and I were great friends and really did have a lot of fun together, she was terrified of how hard I played, and I was actually somewhat scared of corrupting her. So it never progressed beyond the 'good buddies' stage, which, and I say this at grave risk to my own man card, actually worked out well for both of us. Never did sleep with her no matter how much I tried.

Fast forward a bunch of years. Hadn't seen her in quite a while, but invited all of that 'old gang' of friends to my wedding (being a much calmer, saner, person by that point of my life). And I'll be damned if everyone didn't reverse course - most all of us settled down, except her. She went the opposite way, and when the rest of us calmed down, she spun up into the hardest playing, fastest living one among them. (And I could not be any happier with the life I lead now and the woman I lead it with - not a single regret, but that I didn't meet my wife sooner)

So take what moral of that anecdote you will, but I'm pretty sure there's at least one or two in there.

gNats
11-17-2008, 13:03
Okay, stoooorytime!!! And this little anecdote has a moral to it, not so veiled in allegory.

As a teenager, I lived life very fast and hard. Matter of fact, never settled down until I met my wife. But in the crazy, can't believe I survived them days, there was this girl that I was always after. Never got her. She was one of those 'good girls'. I was NOT a good boy. I lived with utter disregard, nary the most minute thoughts of consequence of my actions or lifestyle. (oddly enough, I didn't really drink much. Never started drinking much until I had a job that randomly drug tests.) So needless to say, although this girl and I were great friends and really did have a lot of fun together, she was terrified of how hard I played, and I was actually somewhat scared of corrupting her. So it never progressed beyond the 'good buddies' stage, which, and I say this at grave risk to my own man card, actually worked out well for both of us. Never did sleep with her no matter how much I tried.

Fast forward a bunch of years. Hadn't seen her in quite a while, but invited all of that 'old gang' of friends to my wedding (being a much calmer, saner, person by that point of my life). And I'll be damned if everyone didn't reverse course - most all of us settled down, except her. She went the opposite way, and when the rest of us calmed down, she spun up into the hardest playing, fastest living one among them. (And I could not be any happier with the life I lead now and the woman I lead it with - not a single regret, but that I didn't meet my wife sooner)

So take what moral of that anecdote you will, but I'm pretty sure there's at least one or two in there.

Good Girls Die Young.

End of Story.

Actually, I am somewhere in between. Live faster now in my 40s (can afford the lifestyle) and calmed down from my youth (don't need to prove anything).

Largo
11-17-2008, 16:53

If a woman smuggles a geiger-counter onto your yacht...she is not looking out for your best interests.

fire diver
11-17-2008, 17:03

If a woman smuggles a geiger-counter onto your yacht...she is not looking out for your best interests.

Oh come one, that was just sound of the auto-winder after the last frame a film. You are too paranoid Largo. But I do like you'r choice of diving kit for your henchman. Could I have a set from the next one who gets killed?

James1010
11-17-2008, 17:37
When I was in the dating game I was just like you but I couldn't make it six months it started at around two months. Everytime I was dating I would look for flaws and things that bugged me about them. But some day there is going to be that one that you never get bored with or ever thing of the bad things wrong with her and you constantly think of ways that you might change yourself to make her happy. No not in anyway does that make you a bad person, woman do it to just like us. When you start having those thoughts it's time to go fishing again.

Largo
11-17-2008, 17:50
Oh come one, that was just sound of the auto-winder after the last frame a film. You are too paranoid Largo. But I do like you'r choice of diving kit for your henchman. Could I have a set from the next one who gets killed?[/quote]

False. The ticky-ticky thing went TICKY-TICKY-TICKY-TICKY!!! whenever I got close to the ... well it was a geiger-counter anyway.

But, I was wrong about something I posted earlier. Fiona Volpe would not look better as a blond, she looks great as a redhead.

As far as the kit. Sure, just send me a list of stuff you want. I now have a ton of extra Champion mask and fin sets.

scubastud
11-17-2008, 18:44

Thank you.

:smilie39: Awesome post Splitlip! I nominate this as post of the month, maybe even post of the year! :smiley32:

Me too niether! The best post EVER... Splitlip for president! (not of America, of The He-Man Woman Haters Club)

maverick
11-17-2008, 18:56
no & no just keep trying on shoes or fins until U get one that fits!!!!!!

emcbride81
11-17-2008, 18:59

Thank you.

:smilie39: Ok, I gotta admit...that was good! I just about spit out my beer when I read that! I owe ya one Split! :smiley2:

Largo
11-17-2008, 19:00
Dollfin is back!!! Hooray!!!

I thought she'd been speared during the battle of Miami, back in '65.

James1010
11-17-2008, 19:50
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:ha ha ha he got you there buddy. I think you owe us all some man points!

Largo
11-17-2008, 20:06
So far, I've counted five levels of cognition on this thread.

DollFin
11-17-2008, 20:54
Hmmmmm, so my mere presence has the power to bring this type of thread to a screaching halt???

Splitlip
11-17-2008, 21:40
In a word. Yes.