PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Marker

chicken
11-17-2008, 19:52
What are you using to mark your dive equipment? I have some DAN tags on the expensive stuff but always seem to lose a weight pouch or other small item on the boat.

When I was in the Navy we had clothes markers for our uniforms. Is there something "special" I can use to mark my gear that won't come off in the water or hurt my stuff?

James1010
11-17-2008, 19:56
I use the paint pens that you can get from most hardware store. While I was in the military we used pretty much anything we can find. The paint pen works great and there is almost no way for anyone to get it off and claim it.

Diver Kat
11-17-2008, 22:44
I also use paint pens ... purchased at Michaels. The paint holds up pretty well, and when eventually it starts to wear, I just repaint.

SynCitizen
11-17-2008, 23:10
I just picked up a yellow "Brite-Mark" valve action paint marker from Sport Chalet in there scuba dept. They came in yellow and blue. Has a nice tip for writing legibly. Time will tell how it holds up.

texdiveguy
11-17-2008, 23:13
Paint pens work great.

Empacher
11-17-2008, 23:38
they sell a "puffy" paint pen at my LDS that they use to mark the rental gear..It seems to be pretty durable and permanent

chicken
11-18-2008, 06:34
Thanks. I saw the pens at my LDS but anything with the words dive or scuba seem to have a 200 percent premium. I won't buy my regulator at Walmart but I would buy a paint pen!

DMWiz
11-18-2008, 06:44
Have you tried Silver or Gold sharpies? Even the black sharpies do a great job!
They are inexpensive and work great. I keep a pair with my save-a-dive kit.

Wiz

CompuDude
11-20-2008, 16:43
Yup. Paint pens for thicker writing/bigger designs, black or silver sharpies (depending on the surface color) for more detailed work, such as writing on a mask skirt.

sea princess
11-23-2008, 22:59
Since I scrapbook and stamp every now and then I have found that the Stazon ink pads work great to mark my gear. I use a small stamp image that i can identify my gear easily or stamp letters. it works on hard surfaces, glass, plastic etc. you can get the ink pads at any craft store. I have a white one and a black one. i have also used the paint markers too.