PDA

View Full Version : Zena Pocket and Lumbar pad

Zenagirl
11-19-2008, 14:01
Still waiting to see pictures of the new Zena pocket and lumbar pad....

Even though I'm not giving up my "big" lumbar pad, still curious to see how the new one fits on the Zena. And definitely want to know more about the pocket.

Scott??

ScottZeagle
11-20-2008, 11:18
Hmmmm....

Martin2
11-30-2008, 20:12
Any progress on the pocket?

Zenagirl
12-01-2008, 08:30
I forgot about this thread!! Holy smokes, I'm bad! Since the original post, I've gotten my hands on BOTH the lumbar pad and the pocket.

Okay, so I said I wouldn't give up the big Ranger pad...I was totally wrong about that. The Zena pad is outstanding! It fits perfectly in my Zena without the wings of the bigger pad sticking out. AND not only does it make my Zena feel like a Rolls Royce in comfort, the lumbar pad fits perfectly and doesn't move around or stick out.

I love how it fills in my lower back, basically making my already excellent fitting Zena even better fitting with an even more custom fit. One interesting advantage that the lumbar pad is giving me is that I feel like my entire rig is more balanced with it. It seems to put my tank in a better position on my body since there's no longer any curve to my back (on the outside), so there seems to be less shoulder pull when standing, and the tank bottom no longer rests on MY bottom while diving. Oh yeah, and it's neutrally buoyant. :D :D :D

As to the pocket. It's basically the same as the "sport pocket" Zeagle has been making for a long time, but with improvements IMO. There's a really strong velcro attachment on the back to loop it through the straps on your Zena, and what makes it better than the original is that it is stiff. Because it's stiff, it sits really nicely on the body and doesn't move around. It also makes it MUCH easier to stow stuff in it since it holds it's shape and position perfectly. My first thought was that it is a bit large, but once I put it on and put a couple of things in it, I realized that any smaller and it wouldn't be worth anything as a pocket.

I'll admit that although the lumbar pad will take ZERO getting used to (I love it, I love it, I love it!!), I've been diving my Zena for almost 5 years with no pocket so it'll take a little adjustment...though honestly don't see it taking very long to be pleased as punch to finally have a useable pocket.

In my opinion, the lumbar pad is a MUST HAVE for anyone who owns a Zena. It makes such a huge difference, which still stuns me since my Zena has always been soooo comfortable. I also highly recommend the pocket for anyone who has been wanting a pocket.

Thanks Scott, these are the BOMB!!!

Bassoonin
12-31-2008, 13:48
Help! I can't find the new pad or the new pocket on the ST website!