PDA

View Full Version : Zragle N2Ition computer

chicken
11-21-2008, 14:47
Any feedback on this computer? I am considering it as second/backup to my Wisdom 2. Hopefully in the future I will be expanding into some technical diving and want something that will be usefull for many years to come no matter where my dive training takes me.

chicken
11-21-2008, 14:47
I know Zeagle not Zragle

No Misses
11-21-2008, 14:56
I picked up a Zeagle N2ition about 3 months ago. It is much more conservative than my Aeris Atmos. @130 fsw it went into deco ~ 7 minutes before the Aeris. But, they both end up the same by the time you hit the surface (faster N2 loading = faster N2 off gassing), assuming that you did your stops on the way up.

Plus - 2 gas capable
Minus - bottom gas PPO2 is fixed at 1.4 and Deco mix is fixed at 1.6
Plus - Easy intuitive operation.
Minus - Can not turn off PPO2 alarm

Overall assessment - It is a good DC

2k6rubi
11-21-2008, 16:50
I have this computer and love it. It does everything I need it to do. I don't think you would be disappointed unless you do alot of different gas mixes. It only does two from what I have been able to figure out.

Ben

fire diver
11-21-2008, 17:29
Yes, this is a great computer. Combined with the low cost makes it a no-brainer to buy. You can also set it into a bottom-timer mode. No gas loading calcs, just records the depths and times.

I haven't played wiht mine in some time, but I thought you could turn off all the alarms. I could be wrong. You shouldn't be exceeding 1.4 for the duration of the dive anyway, so it's kind of a moot point.

DMWiz
11-21-2008, 17:33
If I were in the market for a computer that would be my choice!

firemedic8082
11-21-2008, 18:18
I will be picking up one of these for my self. Just as soon as I get done buying my brand new Flathead VIs.

texdiveguy
11-21-2008, 19:17
I own 2 under different brand names...same platform though. Probably the best dive computer of it price range going today in all regards. Can't go wrong on using one.

Might check this out: Used Tusa IQ 700 Wrist Computer reviews and discounts, Tusa (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=UsedTusaIQ700WristComputer)

kjvander
11-22-2008, 07:13
This is the one that i just picked up....seemed to be the best one for the price range and came highly recommended from the LDS and also the reviews from people that I have seen on here and other boards.