PDA

View Full Version : Hi From What's His Name

Oceanicdb
08-17-2007, 21:25
Hello all. Great board and looking forward to being an active member here. My name if Darryl Bowerman and I represent Oceanic/AERIS with Scuba Toys as well as the rest of Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico and Colorado. Look forward to hearing from everyone and answering any questions you may have regarding Oceanic or AERIS.

Darryl

NitroWill
08-17-2007, 21:36
Welcome to the board! Cool that you joined us!

dmdoss
08-17-2007, 23:56
Good to see Oceanic here, since I have a Datamax proplus II.

DivingsInMyBlood
08-18-2007, 00:12
hello and welcome

plot
08-18-2007, 14:40
so whats the least conservative oceanic computer?

Splitlip
08-18-2007, 20:08

Might want to post as a new thread.
This one is mostly back slpping and chest bumping.

Centerius
08-18-2007, 21:13
Welcome to the board! Glad to have someone to talk to directly with Oceanic. I have a VT3, and it's been great. :)

Oceanicdb
08-19-2007, 08:38

Actually all Pelagic manufactured computers use the same algorithm and one would be no less conservative than another. However a few of the new computers like the ATOM 2.0, VT-3, the GEO watch PDC and the soon to be released DATAMASK offer the option to program the computer into conservite dive mode. Essentially taking the computers algorithm into calculations for a higher altitude and decreasing bottom times. AERIS conmputers would be the same as well.

Darryl

loudgonzo
09-14-2007, 14:19
Hello all. Great board and looking forward to being an active member here. My name if Darryl Bowerman and I represent Oceanic/AERIS with Scuba Toys as well as the rest of Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico and Colorado. Look forward to hearing from everyone and answering any questions you may have regarding Oceanic or AERIS.

Darryl

Yes, I have an important question. What's with the picture of the guy on ALL 92 pages of the demo?

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/gauges/datamask_intro.pdf

I was looking at the info and scrolling through the pages, and that picture is on every one! It looks like he's naked almost except for the hat. You guys should have put a picture of a hot chick instead.

Longhorn
09-14-2007, 23:50
I agree with loudgonzo on that one. Or maybe put a DataMask on his mug! :-)

sudnit5
09-15-2007, 00:40
Welcome to the board!

padi1029
09-30-2007, 17:07
Hi Darryl...I asked this question to Larry before I viewed your post..so I will now ask you.

I have an Oceanic VEO 200 puck style computer which I dropped into on old oceanic console boot (from back when I first bought my gear 1994 Oceanic data max sport navcon w/compass). It fits OK, set in a little deeper than I would prefer and I had to modify the side of the boot to allow access to USB port on the computer, but it is suitable.

I would liike to get the new oceanic navcon swivel console specifically for the VEO 200, but don't know if my 1994 era compass & spg will fit. Do you have any ideas about this? Is there any reason to update my spg or compass? Can I get this through Scuba Toys or should I go through Oceanic directly? In my area on east coast there are NO oceanic dealers close to me.

Thanks, look forward to your reply

jwdizney
09-30-2007, 17:32

Darryl
Welcome Darryl! Great products, by the way....
(2) atmos 2 comps
delta IV / fdx 10:smiley20:
alpha 8 octo

glad to have you aboard!!

CrzyJay456
09-30-2007, 19:39
welcome aBOARD (i know... corny pun) either way... thanks for joining and dedicating time to the customers.

scuba Widow
09-30-2007, 19:47
Hello welcome to Scuba Toys