PDA

View Full Version : Uwatec Aladin Tec

chez95_san19
11-22-2008, 22:35
i am a bit worried. my computer is going through brand new batteries very fast. i recently sent my computer in to scuba toys for a check up and battery change. i think i sent it in october. i got it back and the battery was working fine. here i am three weeks or so later. i just came back from cozumel. i am gearing up on the boat ready to hit the first reef and my computer/battery is dead. :smiley7:

in between the the time i sent in my computer and the time i went to cozumel, i did zero dives. of course this is NOT scuba toys fault. i just don't know if this is a uwatec problem or what is going on. i should have bought an extra battery to be prepared for this but i forgot.

if you have experienced the same thing, with your uwatec please let me know. otherwise i am going to make time so i can call uwatec on monday. i just don't know if it is normal for a computer to use batteries that fast when it's not being used. i mention this because in the past i have bought batteries for my computer, dove once and then the battery dies out.

Splitlip
11-22-2008, 22:41
Some of the Uwatecs were eating batteries.
It was been resolved. You should be able to get a new one.

chez95_san19
11-22-2008, 22:45
thanks, so uwatec knows about this and is replacing the computers?

Splitlip
11-22-2008, 22:57
Yes. Did you buy new from a Scubapro dealer?

chez95_san19
11-22-2008, 22:57
yep i did.

Splitlip
11-22-2008, 23:02
No problem then. You are golden.

chez95_san19
11-22-2008, 23:06
thanks for your help. one last question. should i call the shop where i bought it or uwatec directly?

RoyN
11-22-2008, 23:27
thanks for your help. one last question. should i call the shop where i bought it or uwatec directly?

Call the shop where you bought it and tell them your situation. They SHOULD have your purchases and warranties on file.