PDA

View Full Version : Keeping warm

sea princess
11-23-2008, 23:04
So being a newbie diver, I want to know what you do to keep warm after you finish your dives. I went night diving two weeks ago and after i got out of the water i was wishing there was a bon fire on the shore. I got out of my wet suit as soon as possible and jumped into some sweats but since my swim suit was wet i was cold quickly. I would of taken off the suit if i had a place to change but we were shore diving and that wasn't an option. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions.

CFDAlden
11-24-2008, 00:18
They make several styles of a parka type coat ment to go over your wetsuit. It's a 3/4 length, so covers most of you up.

Dive Parka .com The dive parka for scuba divers who actually go diving (http://www.diveparka.com/)

scubastud
11-24-2008, 04:15
Heck I like your bonfire idea, except I was at the lake you are going to and they had a no open fires sign posted.

bubbletrubble
11-24-2008, 05:10
They make several styles of a parka type coat ment to go over your wetsuit. It's a 3/4 length, so covers most of you up.

A large dive parka would not only keep you warm but it could also be used as a one-person changing room. The trick is to change out of your wet wetsuit + swimsuit as quickly as possible and into warm, dry clothing.

If you're careful, you can change out of your swimsuit by wrapping yourself up in a large beach towel.

A more expensive option is to use/buy a drysuit. It's the main reason I love mine. It makes night diving a lot more fun.

sea princess
11-24-2008, 20:43
the parka idea seems like it would work great. all i know is it is quite chilly when i get out. I can only imagine if i was on a boat waiting to go to the next dive site! I will have to get creative at the changing under a parka or towel trick! I can't get a dry suit yet. just bought all my gear and just starting out. maybe by next winter i will buy one.

Bummer to hear no camp fire signs were out! i am supposed to dive thanksgiving morning and sunday. we shall see it is going to be raining and 60 degrees outside which is cold for us arizona peoples!