PDA

View Full Version : I see the girls have been pretty quiet.

Splitlip
11-24-2008, 21:30
I see the girls have been pretty quiet the last day or so.

I figure they are either mopping the floors or doing their hair, nails, waxing or whatever in preparation for Thursday.

Or maybe, they have merely retreated to their powder rooms because they have come to the realization they just can't play with the big dogs.
:anim_devil:

FishFood
11-24-2008, 21:52
They best be gettin the fixes ready for Thursday... Can't have a late Thanksgiving meal! Well... If they know what's good for them.

Diver Kat
11-24-2008, 22:03

I figure they are either mopping the floors or doing their hair, nails, waxing or whatever in preparation for Thursday.

Or maybe, they have merely retreated to their powder rooms because they have come to the realization they just can't play with the big dogs.
:anim_devil:Yup ... you're playing with fire here ... the girls are just LURKING,http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_126.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk762YYUS) waiting for one of you to step out of the cave and insert the keyboard in mouth!! I knew it wouldn't take long!! LOL!

They best be gettin the fixes ready for Thursday... Can't have a late Thanksgiving meal! Well... If they know what's good for them.

As for Thursday ... I'll be watching football like the rest of the girls ... Oh Wait! Am I in the Men's Forum?? I meant the rest of the guys!! :smiley2:

Hook 'em Horns!!!

FishFood
11-24-2008, 22:21
Hook 'em Horns!!!

Gig em

:smilie40:

Diver Kat
11-24-2008, 22:25
Hook 'em Horns!!!Gig em

:smilie40:Not this year sucka!!!!:smiley36:

fire diver
11-25-2008, 00:35
I think they finally realized that they can't hang with the big dogs. :)

Charles R
11-25-2008, 00:49
I think they are to busy reading the Man law forums to post in there own!:smilie40:

gNats
11-25-2008, 08:11

:anim_devil:

Plotting. We are always plotting.

gNats
11-25-2008, 08:17

:anim_devil:Yup ... you're playing with fire here ... the girls are just LURKING,http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_126.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk762YYUS) waiting for one of you to step out of the cave and insert the keyboard in mouth!! I knew it wouldn't take long!! LOL!

As for Thursday ... I'll be watching football like the rest of the girls ... Oh Wait! Am I in the Men's Forum?? I meant the rest of the guys!! :smiley2:

Hook 'em Horns!!!

DiverKat, what is with the stereotyping of these guys? It seems that they think all we do is sit around and fuss with our hair and nails and shop.

I mean, sheesh. I like a pretty pair of strappy sandals like the next girl, but c'mon. I am much more interested in buying a new electronic gadget than shoes. I am in a weekly football pool. 3rd place, btw.

Am out here alone on this? Any other women read the stereotyping and think, HEY?!!!

DollFin
11-25-2008, 10:32
DiverKat, what is with the stereotyping of these guys? It seems that they think all we do is sit around and fuss with our hair and nails and shop.

I mean, sheesh. I like a pretty pair of strappy sandals like the next girl, but c'mon. I am much more interested in buying a new electronic gadget than shoes. I am in a weekly football pool. 3rd place, btw.

Am out here alone on this? Any other women read the stereotyping and think, HEY?!!!

I'm with you sistah!! If given the choice of spending an hour in Macey's or Best Buy, I'll see you in Best Buy! And if a man wants to buy me an expensive present, walk passed the jewelry counter and buy me a dive trip to Fiji! :D

gNats
11-25-2008, 11:28
I'm with you sistah!! If given the choice of spending an hour in Macey's or Best Buy, I'll see you in Best Buy! And if a man wants to buy me an expensive present, walk passed the jewelry counter and buy me a dive trip to Fiji! :D

Yep. In my family, one must present Mom with Christmas ideas by October. My Christmas List:

1) Air fill card from local LDS
2) Lowe's and LDS Gift Certificates
3) Socket wrench set
4) New battery charger with rechargeable AA and AAA batteries
5) Small Electric heat source (for camping. It was chilly last spring.)

My mom looked my list over, turned to my dad and said, You're shopping this year.

LOL.

monant
11-25-2008, 11:55
Hello girls, nice to hear from you but the floors will not mop themselves. GET BACK TO WORK!

fire diver
11-25-2008, 12:10
Hello girls, nice to hear from you but the floors will not mop themselves. GET BACK TO WORK!

:ojsann::whip:

Skred
11-25-2008, 12:45

Hmm. Sounds to me like they think they are not only running with the big dogs, they are the big dogs! Somebody tryin' to be nice throws out that 'honorary man card' stuff and now you see what has gotten started?

This is a slippery slope, gentlemen. Next thing you know, they're gonna want to re-decorate the cave in pastels!

Yeeeech.. :smiley5:

gNats
11-25-2008, 12:55

Boy. If that comment was ever made to me, and I had access to your laundry.....

you would be itching and scratching for a week!

DollFin
11-25-2008, 13:18
This is a slippery slope, gentlemen. Next thing you know, they're gonna want to re-decorate the cave in pastels!

Yeeeech.. :smiley5:

Nah, I'm more of an "earth tones" kind of gal.

monant
11-25-2008, 14:51

We'll I guess I'm lucky on the laundry issue, but again, the laundry won't do itself either. GET BACK TO WORK!:smilie39:

Skred
11-25-2008, 15:01

The secret squirrel avatar rocks!:smiley20:

Diver Kat
11-25-2008, 16:00

I'm right with you .... I think I've had my nails done twice in my life ... the hair is hopeless ... I don't buy shoes unless the current pair is dying ... and (as evidenced by my time here) I'm a bit of computer nerd, LOVE gadgets & power tools (so fun to play with!!!)

I'm with you sistah!! If given the choice of spending an hour in Macey's or Best Buy, I'll see you in Best Buy! And if a man wants to buy me an expensive present, walk passed the jewelry counter and buy me a dive trip to Fiji! :D Yup ... Best Buy is good, Fryes is better, and Lowes or Home Depot I can wander in for hours ... and the DH does try to buy me jewelry frequently, but luckily I usually get a dive trip to the Keys for our Anniversary and a dive trip somewhere for my birthday - this year a cruise so we can hit Grand Turk & St Thomas.

As for chores - I do the laundry (mostly) he does the cooking (mostly) and the floors we both try to ignore!! :smiley2:

Hmm. Sounds to me like they think they are not only running with the big dogs, they are the big dogs! No, no ... we aren't the big dogs .... we are the BOSSES of all the big dogs!!! :smiley36:

As for cave colors - NO pastels - yuck! Some nice blues & greens!!

Splitlip
11-25-2008, 16:20

Good God man, show no weakness!

Don't let your Alfalfa be taken in be gNats' Darla.

(I wonder if that is what they are calling them these days. I crack myself up.)

Skred
11-25-2008, 16:39

God God man, show no weakness!

Sorry! I was momentarily distracted by what appeared to be a seemingly harmless image from my childhood. Thanks for snapping me out of it, bro!

Now that I see things more clearly, there is some potentially disturbing symbolism there!:smiley5:

Splitlip
11-25-2008, 16:51
Got your back.

DollFin
11-25-2008, 16:51

Sorry! I was momentarily distracted by what appeared to be a seemingly harmless image from my childhood. Thanks for snapping me out of it, bro!

Now that I see things more clearly, there is some potentially disturbing symbolism there!:smiley5:

Hmmm, I feel the need for a new avatar - thanks for the inspiration! :)

Splitlip
11-25-2008, 16:54
:smilie39:

Don't forget the He-Man Woman Haters Clubhttp://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/07/08-15/he-man-woman-haters.jpg

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/fiction/other/our_gang.jpg

fire diver
11-25-2008, 17:29
Oh man Split, what memories!

I used to watch the Little Rascals every Saturday morning (back when that was the only time kids shows were on). One of my favorite shows growing up.

This reminds me... I got my son a copy of the "Dangerous book for boys". He has been going through it and now wants to build a treehouse. Lord help me, what have I done? Oh well, at least he will have good fun if he doesnt nail himself to the tree in the process!

Bert
11-25-2008, 18:13
http://www.bundyology.com/nomaam2.jpg

Bert
11-25-2008, 18:14
Our one true spokesmen Al Bundy

Bert
11-25-2008, 18:15
http://www.bundyology.com/hpg/zz809.jpg

Splitlip
11-25-2008, 18:15
"Bundy,Bundy, Bundy...."

Splitlip
11-25-2008, 18:17
http://www.bundyology.com/hpg/zz809.jpg

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Bert
11-25-2008, 18:49
ziggy zogggy! ziggy zogggy! oy! oy! oy!

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTg5NjYzNzI2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDQ3MDc2._V1._ CR79,0,326,326_SS90_.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/rg/photos-title/summary/media/rm321755136/tt0202741)

Shenanigan
11-25-2008, 19:17
Oh dear ... you're worshiping a shoe sales man who's wife (or any other woman for that matter) wants nothing to do with him?!?!? :smiley5:

I gotta get out of the cave now! :smilie39::smilie39:

Splitlip
11-25-2008, 19:22
Ya see, you don't get it. I am very sorry.
"Bundy, Bundy......"

Skred
11-25-2008, 19:27
Ya see, you don't get it. I am very sorry.
"Bundy, Bundy......"

Oh yea!:rock:

divergirl
11-25-2008, 20:13
Hahaha

Guys will never cease to amaze me.

Probably why I spend all my time with them... so simple, no complications.. just good times.

Splitlip
11-25-2008, 20:17
Hahaha

Probably why I spend all my time with them... so simple, no complications.. just good times.

You got it. :)

maverick
11-25-2008, 20:32
Wow, I can remember the He-Man women haters club. Spanky and our gang!!!!!!

Diver Kat
11-25-2008, 23:05
Hahaha

Well I would say you got it right with the "so simple" part!!:smilie39:

sim⋅ple
[sim-puhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngl]

lacking mental acuteness or sense
an ignorant, foolish, or gullible person.:smiley2:

Skred
11-25-2008, 23:39
Hahaha

Well I would say you got it right with the "so simple" part!!:smilie39:

sim⋅ple
[sim-puhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngl]

lacking mental acuteness or sense
an ignorant, foolish, or gullible person.:smiley2:

God, I'm losing IQ points just reading this stuff!:smiley23::smiley23:

fire diver
11-26-2008, 03:22
Better ske-daddle on out girls. We'll probably break out the yard sticks and start measuring and comparing soon.

monant
11-26-2008, 06:37
Let's change the subject and talk about spears. What's better, a big one or a small one. Mine needs two hands and hurts my back if I lift it and I'm not in the water.

gNats
11-26-2008, 06:56
Let's change the subject and talk about spears. What's better, a big one or a small one. Mine needs two hands and hurts my back if I lift it and I'm not in the water.

Bigger. Oh wait. That was my outside voice talking.

Really, it's not about size, it's how you use it. Yea, let's go with that one.

monant
11-26-2008, 08:54
As snorkels go; it's not how deep you dive, it's how you wiggle your snorkel.

Enough hijacking. To the women reading this, get to cooking, tomorrow will come early.

BuzzF117
11-26-2008, 09:00

Just remember it's not the spear it's the indian throwing the spear. You can have the greatest spear of all the hunters with spears but if you don't use your spear correctly you can take down the wrong beast :smiley36:

fire diver
11-26-2008, 09:02

Then all I have to say is...

HELICOPTER! HELICOPTER! HELICOPTER!

Diver Kat
11-26-2008, 09:06

Bigger. Oh wait. That was my outside voice talking.

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

RoyN
11-26-2008, 09:45
I think the girls are up to something.

Diver Kat
11-26-2008, 09:53
I think the girls are up to something.
US?? ... the meek little 'women-folk??? I'm sure we're too busy mopping the floor, doing the laundry and cooking turkey to be devising any evil, devious, unscrupulous plan against the 'MEN' .... :smilie39:

DollFin
11-26-2008, 11:51
tomorrow will come early.

Oh that's just too darn easy... I don't even have to say it!

RoyN
11-26-2008, 12:36
US?? ... the meek little 'women-folk??? I'm sure we're too busy mopping the floor, doing the laundry and cooking turkey to be devising any evil, devious, unscrupulous plan against the 'MEN' .... :smilie39:

I think thats your cover. :confused:

Diver Kat
11-26-2008, 16:59

Hmmmm ... one that appears to be 'smarter than the average (Man-) Bear!!' :smiley36:

Skred
11-26-2008, 18:06

Hmmmm ... one that appears to be 'smarter than the average (Man-) Bear!!' :smiley36:

Yup, and the rest of us are just playin' possum waiting for you to trip yourselves up...:Up_to_something::Up_to_something:

Bert
11-27-2008, 06:09
Yup, and the rest of us are just playin' possum waiting for you to trip yourselves up...:Up_to_something::Up_to_something:[/quote]

They dont call it possum lodge for nothing...
"Remember men we all in this together, I'm pulln for you" Red Green

Diver Kat
11-27-2008, 14:25
I wonder if this is why it's so quiet around here today ...:smilie39::smilie39:

Shenanigan
11-27-2008, 14:30

That's gotta be it!

gNats
11-27-2008, 15:58
Did you boys enjoy your turkey?

Shenanigan
11-27-2008, 17:12
I'm in same situation as DollFin, no need to dirty so many dishes for one person! Had some chicken and garlic bread. Yum!

Shenanigan
11-27-2008, 17:12
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

mrm777
11-27-2008, 17:16

She cooks...I clean up. (She has the less work end of the deal....never figured it would take 3 pots to make mashed potatoes.)

Diver Kat
11-27-2008, 17:16
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
DITTO!!
Even to those 'possum' out there!! :smiley36:

Skred
11-27-2008, 20:22

Yes, I pretty much resemble that!:smiley30:

I hope everyone had a wonderful day and took a moment to reflect on how fortunate we all are.

Cheers...:smiley31:

RoyN
12-03-2008, 01:21

Nope, didn't have a family to enjoy. :smiley19: