PDA

View Full Version : 2nd annual DDCN get together. Feb. 28th

Dark Wolf
12-02-2008, 15:49
Last year DivingCRNA and I made the first DDCN dive. Thought that we would do the same thing this year. Anyone interested in diving with us? We have not nailed down a location yet. We are thinking either Oronogo or Stockton Lake. What does everyone think?

DW

navyhmc
12-02-2008, 20:49
I might be able to make O depending on the weekend and whether or not I get sent to NV for a class.

KennyD
12-09-2008, 14:32
New Years Day At Oronogo....John said he was going to be open. I say we do the "Double Whopper With Cheese". I'll have my Own Deco tank by then.

Dark Wolf
12-10-2008, 10:10
Hmmm. I like the sounds of that, Kenny! Congrats on ordering your deco tank! You think you can make it on the 28th as well?

DW

KennyD
12-10-2008, 13:58
Hmmm. I like the sounds of that, Kenny! Congrats on ordering your deco tank! You think you can make it on the 28th as well?

DW

I'm going to try!!!!:smiley20:

gNats
12-10-2008, 14:11
New Years Day At Oronogo....John said he was going to be open. I say we do the "Double Whopper With Cheese". I'll have my Own Deco tank by then.

HAHAHAHA - I heard the story of the Double Whopper with Cheese. For me it would have been dark chocolate cake with raspberry puree (on the side of course).

:smiley2:

Dark Wolf
12-10-2008, 18:24
Hmmmm. Sounds like you might already be slipping over to the dark side, nats! :)

DW

gNats
12-10-2008, 18:26
I am a creature of the dark side

Dark Wolf
12-10-2008, 18:28
Now THAT is what I like to hear!!!!:smiley32::smiley31:

DW

cummings66
12-10-2008, 19:07
Post back where you're going to do the dive, I might make time to come down and do it with you guys if I'm available.

For New Years I'm diving Bennett Springs. Heck, I've got more dive date's scheduled there this year then ever before, I'm going to get bored of it. Perhaps you guys might consider that location, vis is awesome. I'm not sure though if it closes at the start of or the end of February, but if it's the end it'd be a fantastic dive for all. I'm not sure it qualifies as cold though, it's usually 53 degrees year round. Oronogo is OK to by the way. I'll make time once in a while to go there, I just normally prefer lakes which is why I rarely dive there. Is it still $10 entry fee?

KennyD
12-10-2008, 20:41
Post back where you're going to do the dive, I might make time to come down and do it with you guys if I'm available.

For New Years I'm diving Bennett Springs. Heck, I've got more dive date's scheduled there this year then ever before, I'm going to get bored of it. Perhaps you guys might consider that location, vis is awesome. I'm not sure though if it closes at the start of or the end of February, but if it's the end it'd be a fantastic dive for all. I'm not sure it qualifies as cold though, it's usually 53 degrees year round. Oronogo is OK to by the way. I'll make time once in a while to go there, I just normally prefer lakes which is why I rarely dive there. Is it still $10 entry fee?

I'd like to dive Bennett Springs myself....:smiley20:

Dark Wolf
12-10-2008, 21:14
Well, looks like we have a couple of votes for Bennett, a couple for Oronogo.

DW

CWSWine
12-10-2008, 21:57
How advance of diving are you guys planning? I doing my AOW in Jan 09 but I still a real new diver.

KennyD
12-11-2008, 06:40
Well, looks like we have a couple of votes for Bennett, a couple for Oronogo.

DW

Sorry Kyle! I didn't mean it like I wanted to dive Bennett on the 28th. I just mean I'd like to dive there sometime in the future. You know I'm just fine with Oronogo!

Dark Wolf
12-11-2008, 06:42
No problem, Kenny. Just trying to make sure everyone is heard!!I would like to dive there sometime, as well.

CWS, we are open to suggestions. If you are wanting to come out, I am sure we can plan things so everyone is happy.

DW

skdvr
12-12-2008, 06:32
I probably will not be able to make it, although I would love to. We will just have to see though. I will be keeping my eyes on this thread and if I can make it I will let you know.

CW, I would not be to worried about the level, most of the folks in here will plan accordingly like DW said. If there is a decent size group out there, there will be dives of all levels I am sure. If it is a small group they would probably dives that everyone is comfortable with.

I have never been down to Oronogo, or Bennett so I would love to do either one.

Phil

KennyD
12-12-2008, 06:48
How advance of diving are you guys planning? I doing my AOW in Jan 09 but I still a real new diver.

No worries! We'll plan on what peoples skill levels are. I admire you for being honest and not letting a EGO control your thoughts.

CWSWine
12-12-2008, 10:27

No worries! We'll plan on what peoples skill levels are. I admire you for being honest and not letting a EGO control your thoughts.

I have no problems saying that I'm not comfortable with a dive – I already was not conformable going to cabin cruiser the last time I was there and Brandon and Navymc modified the profile to fit me. Sure be nice to have someone about my same skill level that all the want to do is practice skills for the complete dive. Brandon and Navymc both know that I need the practice.

plot
12-12-2008, 17:34
I'll plan for it, no garuntee's at this point..... work has gotten into this bad habit of sending me to alaska with 2 weeks or less of notice.

CWS, there will be people that will work with you. It's not a big deal... If I make it I'll either be practicing stuff in my drysuit or hopefully I'll have doubles at that point to screw around with... if that's the case, I'll on the main road and go down to whatever depth everyone is comfortable with.

navyhmc
12-13-2008, 02:22
IF I can make it, I will be more than happy to buddy up with you again CWS! I enjoyed our dives last time and would expect to enjoy them again.

cummings66
12-13-2008, 12:01
I enjoy diving with divers of all skill levels, it's just plain fun and to be honest I think my most fun dives have been in less than 20 feet of water. There's so much to be seen there.

Of course, Oronogo has things at all kinds of depths so you can do anything you want at all there. Something for everybody.

CWSWine
12-13-2008, 12:43
IF I can make it, I will be more than happy to buddy up with you again CWS! I enjoyed our dives last time and would expect to enjoy them again.

These other guys haven't been on dive with me and you have - Your A Brave Man Navyhmc. Thanks to the others guys also.

I will be spending 10 days in Playa from the 16th to 25th and I went with Yucatek Divers, Playa del Carmen (http://www.yucatek.com) then are big into training and diving no more than 6 divers per boat. After the first couple dives they recommend taking the peak boyancy class which incudes two dives with a instructor. Then either enjoy the diving or work on AOW my choice.

Diving in Dec is out since I work weekends and Jan might be little cold for wetsuit diving. But spring is coming and I plan to be very active.

wheelman
12-13-2008, 12:44
I added the date to my calendar... I would like to make it. It's relatively close for me, haven't dove it before and it seems that there will be all skill levels. Plus the bonus of meeting some new peeps and exchanging knowledge first hand. Win, win. Please post more details as the date approaches. Thanks.

KennyD
12-13-2008, 12:46
Looking forward to meeting everyone! Should be a pretty good turnout.

Dark Wolf
12-13-2008, 23:12
Sounds like it should be a nice group. I will be contacting John at Oronogo tomorrow and setting up the gate fee with him. I will be sure to post when I get home from work tomorrow night. CWS, I have seen you in the water and you are being too hard on yourself. Looking forward to seeing and meeting you all.

DW

Dark Wolf
12-15-2008, 12:52
I called John and Regina at Oronogo yesterday. We have the 28th of February reserved for our dives. Looking forward to seeing you all out there. Please keep me updated as to who can or cannot make it so that I can have some estimated numbers for them when I see them on New Years Day. Thanks.

DW

Bigg_Budd
12-15-2008, 19:00
Hey All...

I'm new to the area. Would enjoy joining you for a NYD dive and on 2/28, if that's cool...

I have a steel 120, but that's it. Do they do air fills out there? And on that note, any recommended dive shops in the NWA area for me??? Also, is this a dive op that takes you out on a boat, or would we be doing shore dives?

I'm good to go deep, but no deco. Don't have the training or equipment yet. Hope that works...

Cheers!

Dark Wolf
12-15-2008, 19:11
Hey Budd,

You are more than welcome to come out! Oronogo is a mine, so no boat. They do air fills in the shop. Captain Johns | Oronogo, MO (http://www.oronogo.com)
For a dive shop in Arkansas, I have had good luck with C & J Sports, but then that is the only one I have been in on Beaver Lake.
Looking forward to diving with you.

DW

CWSWine
12-15-2008, 19:12
I called John and Regina at Oronogo yesterday. We have the 28th of February reserved for our dives. Looking forward to seeing you all out there. Please keep me updated as to who can or cannot make it so that I can have some estimated numbers for them when I see them on New Years Day. Thanks.

DW

Pencil me in - I so no reason why I can't be there but it is few months off and a lot can happen.

Dark Wolf
12-15-2008, 19:13
Great! Be good to see you again, CWS!!

DW

KennyD
12-15-2008, 19:19
Hey All...

I'm new to the area. Would enjoy joining you for a NYD dive and on 2/28, if that's cool...

I have a steel 120, but that's it. Do they do air fills out there? And on that note, any recommended dive shops in the NWA area for me??? Also, is this a dive op that takes you out on a boat, or would we be doing shore dives?

I'm good to go deep, but no deco. Don't have the training or equipment yet. Hope that works...

Cheers!
F
Bigg Budd is going to finally come to Oronogo? :smiley20: No worries! I'll have several extra tanks with me. I'll be bringing two sets of steel double HP130's and two steel HP130 singles. And maybe a few LP90's if needed. Just get on the STAIR MASTER Now and start training for the hill you will have to walk up and down.:smilie39:
Looking forward to seeing everybody!
Oh, And Stupid me thought the date was DEC.28th like two weeks away! I gotta get a daily planner....

wheelman
12-15-2008, 19:33
BBudd... I am actually planning on the nyd (after chatting with dark wolf) and 2/28 dive as well. Since we are close maybe we car pool. let me know.

gNats
12-15-2008, 20:23
Hey All...

Cheers!
F
Bigg Budd is going to finally come to Oronogo? :smiley20: No worries! I'll have several extra tanks with me. I'll be bringing two sets of steel double HP130's and two steel HP130 singles. And maybe a few LP90's if needed. Just get on the STAIR MASTER Now and start training for the hill you will have to walk up and down.:smilie39:
Oh, And Stupid me thought the date was DEC.28th like two weeks away! I gotta get a daily planner....

DW - You didn't tell me that there was a HILL!

Bigg_Budd
12-15-2008, 20:23
BBudd... I am actually planning on the nyd (after chatting with dark wolf) and 2/28 dive as well. Since we are close maybe we car pool. let me know.

Yeah, man. Let's plan on it. Do you have any dive shop recos?

plot
12-15-2008, 20:47
Hey All...

Cheers!
F

DW - You didn't tell me that there was a HILL!

it's more like a cliff...

CWSWine
12-15-2008, 20:52
Yep the hill...

http://gallery.me.com/cwswine/100110/IMG_1844/web.jpg

But it worth it...
http://gallery.me.com/cwswine/100110/IMG_1847/web.jpg

Dark Wolf
12-15-2008, 21:16
Ummmmmm. Sorry Nat!!! I was saving that part for a surprise!!! :D

DW

wheelman
12-16-2008, 06:39

Yeah, man. Let's plan on it. Do you have any dive shop recos?

Shot you a PM

gNats
12-16-2008, 07:14
Ummmmmm. Sorry Nat!!! I was saving that part for a surprise!!! :D

DW

The real surprise will be when I flash you my green eyed puppy dog and pouty lip look as I hold my gear out for you to carry UP the HILL!

And, I must say GREAT PHOTOS CSWine! I am totally hooked on doing this trip and dive now. Great diving surrounded by incredible natural landscaping. I am so there!

Dark Wolf
12-16-2008, 09:36
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39:

I will carry yours if you carry mine!! :smiley2: :smiley20:

DW

gNats
12-16-2008, 09:38

DW

What is this, some twisted version of "i'll show you mine?" :smiley2:

UH UH NO WAY DW! I've seen yours (gear setup that is) and my Momma didn't raise no fool as they say.

Dark Wolf
12-16-2008, 10:09
:SHOCKED:WHAT?! You have not seen my "gear setup"! I don't send THOSE kinds of pictures! :naughty: :anim_spank: :wave2: :D

DW

gNats
12-16-2008, 10:15
:SHOCKED:WHAT?! You have not seen my "gear setup"! I don't send THOSE kinds of pictures! :naughty: :anim_spank: :wave2: :D

DW

DW: Point and Match. :smiley20:

Dark Wolf
12-16-2008, 10:24
Awwww, come on gNats! Don't stop yet!! :)

DW

gNats
12-16-2008, 10:32
Awwww, come on gNats! Don't stop yet!! :)

DW

Okay. Fair enough, but remember, DW, you asked for it. I was going to walk away... but nope.

You're right. You don't send photos "like that". But, you were online in the chat room the other night and described your gear setup in great detail.

With a vivid imagination, one doesn't need photos.

navyhmc
12-16-2008, 10:51
Careful Nats...he's baiting you.... :smilie39:

Dark Wolf
12-16-2008, 16:10
Now, would I do THAT?! :D :D

DW

KennyD
12-16-2008, 16:25

DW

I'll take this DEAL!!!

Dark Wolf
12-16-2008, 16:31
Only if I get to keep the tanks, Kenny!!

DW

KennyD
12-16-2008, 16:32
http://bradenshouse.com/dive-pics/2008_11_16/img_8438.jpg

KennyD
12-16-2008, 16:34
Water Entrance http://bradenshouse.com/dive-pics/2008_11_16/img_8444.jpg

KennyD
12-16-2008, 16:35
East Cliffs looking North towards waters entrance. http://bradenshouse.com/dive-pics/2008_11_16/img_8448.jpg

KennyD
12-16-2008, 16:41
This is at about 130' deep. Nice green fuzz. And the sun was behind some clouds...LOL...http://bradenshouse.com/dive-pics/2008_10_12/img_8339.jpg

KennyD
12-16-2008, 16:44
This is from the parking lot above the lake. I'm the SMALL guy wearing Red Shirt. :smilie39: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3211/2611592573_ff1d107aae.jpg?v=0

gNats
12-16-2008, 18:48
Kenny,

what a tease! ohmigosh those are great photos. I am drooling at the idea of diving oronogo next summer. Oh, wait, just home from the dentist and I still have two shots of Novacaine in me. Well, you get the idea.

Thanks for posting. Be sure to post pictures from that 2/28 dive!

Dark Wolf
12-16-2008, 19:04
You should come down and dive with us on the 28th, nat! It ain't THAT far of a drive! :D

DW

gNats
12-16-2008, 19:30
I would LOVE to, but I have plans that weekend. Trust me, if I could, I would be there.

KennyD
12-16-2008, 19:38
Kenny,

what a tease! ohmigosh those are great photos. I am drooling at the idea of diving oronogo next summer. Oh, wait, just home from the dentist and I still have two shots of Novacaine in me. Well, you get the idea.

Thanks for posting. Be sure to post pictures from that 2/28 dive!

That was the idea. There are plenty more Photos you can look at go to Braden's House -- Bradenshouse.com (http://bradenshouse.com/pictures.html) Braden is "Gill's McFeelie" here on the board and my dive buddy. Also you can go to the shop that I DM for and look at some photos as well. adventuresportskansas' photosets on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/adventuresportskansas/sets/)

Hope you can share these with some of the people that are going to come down with you.
Sincerely, KennyD AKA: "Big Papa" :smilie39:

Bigg_Budd
12-16-2008, 20:01
The water looks clear! Now I'm pumped...

DivingCRNA
12-17-2008, 07:58

He is a Master Baiter, after all!

DivingCRNA
12-17-2008, 07:59

DW

I'll take this DEAL!!!

I will take that deal with anyone but Kenny!

DivingCRNA
12-17-2008, 08:08
BTW- I plan to be there the 28th. Have just been kinda busy to be checking the boards a lot, but have been talking to Kyle, Kenny and Clay.

gNats
12-17-2008, 09:27

Hhahahahaha - DivingCRNA, name the movie that line comes from and I will buy you a beverage of your choice when I visit in July!

KennyD
12-17-2008, 19:44

Hhahahahaha - DivingCRNA, name the movie that line comes from and I will buy you a beverage of your choice when I visit in July!

Jay and Silent Bob

gNats
12-17-2008, 20:46
wow? really? I didn't know that.

I thought it was Madeline Kahn in History of the World Part 1 (Mel Brooks movie).

The line she sys is similar but not exactly the same: Ah, but (word forgotten) waits while the master baits.

:smiley36:

Dark Wolf
12-17-2008, 22:03
Forgotten word is "servant". I was thinking of History of the World, as well. :) Glad to see you have time to hang around again CRNA. :D

DW

navyhmc
12-18-2008, 04:41

It was also in Lethal Weapon 3...

Hopefully I'll be there on the 28th, still have to get days off of work though.

medicdiver
01-05-2009, 19:56
I have found coverage for work so I'll be there.

Dark Wolf
01-05-2009, 21:17
Will be good to meet you, medicdiver. Glad you will be able to make it.

DW

navyhmc
01-05-2009, 22:24
I will be using 36 hours of vacation to dive I'll be there too:smilie39::smiley36::smilie39:

KennyD
01-06-2009, 02:40

Jeff, Glad to hear you will be able to make it. Dan Wegner and I are suppose to be diving on this date as well.

medicdiver
01-06-2009, 10:46

Jeff, Glad to hear you will be able to make it. Dan Wegner and I are suppose to be diving on this date as well.

That's cool! I'll see you guy's there.:smiley20:

gNats
01-06-2009, 17:22
OHMIGOSH!

I am ONE MOUSE CLICK from having a ticket to MO that weekend! I can fly NWA on my frequent flyer miles for FREE!

I'm about as noobie as you can get - will someone play in the shallow end with me?! I don't think I can tackle any double whoppers with cheese this quickly.

Anyone have an extra Steel HP 80 or is it possible to rent one? And, I'll need soft weights. Any weekend equipment donations would be so thankfully appreciated.

I can't believe I am doing this. I must be a nut. Why do I get the feeling I am diving with the right group of guys? :smiley20::smiley2:

CWSWine
01-06-2009, 18:22
OHMIGOSH!

I am ONE MOUSE CLICK from having a ticket to MO that weekend! I can fly NWA on my frequent flyer miles for FREE!

I'm about as noobie as you can get - will someone play in the shallow end with me?! I don't think I can tackle any double whoppers with cheese this quickly.

Anyone have an extra Steel HP 80 or is it possible to rent one? And, I'll need soft weights. Any weekend equipment donations would be so thankfully appreciated.

I can't believe I am doing this. I must be a nut. Why do I get the feeling I am diving with the right group of guys? :smiley20::smiley2:

I'm a shallow guy also so you will at least have one buddy to dive with. I also have AL80 you can borrow. I'm working on a couple of HP100 but I just talk the wife into a DC800 camera with flash for a trip to Playa next week so it getting harder buy new toys. You will need lights and have a Princeton Tec LED you can borrow. Soft weights should not be a problem!

gNats
01-06-2009, 18:44
Thanks CSWine!

I am holding out for a Steel 80 - thanks for the offer on the AL80.

AL80s are too long for my body - I struggle so much and I need to add almost 16 lbs to my belt just to compensate. If I can rent or borrow a Steel 80 - that is my first hope.

Hey, BTW - not to hijack the thread - but how was your trip? Didn't you travel in December? Did you work on boyancy and such like you mentioned in the chat room?

navyhmc
01-06-2009, 18:46
GNAts, you make it down, we'll outfit you. But to answer your question I also have an AL80 (sorry, no steel) I'm not sure if John has any steel 80's or not. Might be worth a call.

Now the next question will be where will you fly into and what will you need.

eta: I have weights and a belt if you need it.

gNats
01-06-2009, 18:48
Okay you Deep Dark Cold and Narced DIVERS!

Be prepared to be invaded by gNats this February. I have my flight booked and I am ready to experience the HILL!

To hell with the water and diving - if I am actually able to lug my gear to the bottom of that there hill - it will be Leinie TIME!

:smiley20:

gNats
01-06-2009, 18:53
GNAts, you make it down, we'll outfit you. But to answer your question I also have an AL80 (sorry, no steel) I'm not sure if John has any steel 80's or not. Might be worth a call.

Now the next question will be where will you fly into and what will you need.

I'm flying into Kansas City - have worked the details out with DW already.

If I can't conjour up a Steel 80, I will definitely gratefully accept the AL80. I have one now, so I know I can manage, I just need to add a bit more weight to compensate. All told, for 50 ish deg water, I'll probably need about 20-24 lbs with an AL80. That's a big guess.

I will be bringing the following gear with me:

- Drysuit, hood and gloves
- BCD
- Reg
- Computer
- Fins and Mask
- small flashlight

I can probably borrow a can light up here, but if there is an extra - I would prefer not to worry about NWA baggage handling.

Thanks so much everyone! I am so looking forward to this trip. It will be HUGE fun to dive with everyone.

KennyD
01-06-2009, 19:44
No Worries! I can bring a HP130 steel for ya. I've can get my hands on a HP100 steel for you to use or a HP72cf Steel for you to use. We have plenty of gear. I've got several configurations of lighting and if you are diving in the shallows you really won't need a light.
Talk with Kyle and let me know what I need to bring you.

CWSWine
01-06-2009, 21:30
Thanks CSWine!

I am holding out for a Steel 80 - thanks for the offer on the AL80.

AL80s are too long for my body - I struggle so much and I need to add almost 16 lbs to my belt just to compensate. If I can rent or borrow a Steel 80 - that is my first hope.

Hey, BTW - not to hijack the thread - but how was your trip? Didn't you travel in December? Did you work on boyancy and such like you mentioned in the chat room?

Haven't gone yet.... We leave on the 16th of Jan. and return on the 25th of Jan. I have my peak buoyancy class I will be taking down there and probably deep also...

bottomdweller
01-06-2009, 21:39
Count me in!!!
I will be there to make sure the shallow water divers have a buddy.
Look forward to meeting you all.

Dark Wolf
01-06-2009, 21:59
Was good talking to you, Nat!! We will get you hooked up with some equipment. Looking forward to finally being able to dive with you!!

By the way, maybe since we didn't get it done on New Years Day we can "position" the doll!!

DW

CWSWine
01-06-2009, 22:54
Count me in!!!
I will be there to make sure the shallow water divers have a buddy.
Look forward to meeting you all.

Good deal - another dive buddy. I also a shallow water diver!!

gNats
01-07-2009, 10:09
Was good talking to you, Nat!! We will get you hooked up with some equipment. Looking forward to finally being able to dive with you!!

By the way, maybe since we didn't get it done on New Years Day we can "position" the doll!!

DW

I read about that "doll" Kyle. You be sure to let me know if I should wait in the car if you need a little quiet time alone with her!

And, I don't care how shallow a diver I am, I do not want HER for a dive buddy!

cowgirldiver
01-07-2009, 13:01
It almost makes me want to drive over that day even if I don't dive (don't have a drysuit or a thick enough wetsuit) just to get to meet my honorary man card buddy gNats-it's only 3 hours away. I've been wanting to check out Oronogo anyway and it would give me a chance to check out "the hill" before I actually have to haul stuff up and down it. gNats-are you staying somewhere that night and need someone to split the cost of a room with you? At this point it doesn't look like I have anything going on that weekend (although in my life that doesn't mean much).

Dark Wolf
01-07-2009, 14:34

DW

I read about that "doll" Kyle. You be sure to let me know if I should wait in the car if you need a little quiet time alone with her!

Nat, I promise that I will try to behave myself! Although it was very nice of you to offer some "Quiet Time"!! :smilie39::smilie39:

Cowgirldiver, you should come over and hang out with everyone. We would love to have you.

DW

navyhmc
01-07-2009, 15:12

DW

The hell with his quiet time, I'm getting pictures! Never know when blackmail will come in handy. :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Dark Wolf
01-07-2009, 15:23

DW

The hell with his quiet time, I'm getting pictures! Never know when blackmail will come in handy. :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

hmc, I always knew you were a PERVERT!!!:smilie39::smilie39: :D

DW

gNats
01-07-2009, 15:43
CowGirl - I don't have a room to share, but it would be great to meet you that weekend!

Seriously, give it some thought. I'm worried that other than the doll DW is fond of, I may be the only girl on the premises!

gNats
01-07-2009, 16:02
It almost makes me want to drive over that day even if I don't dive (don't have a drysuit or a thick enough wetsuit) just to get to meet my honorary man card buddy gNats-it's only 3 hours away. I've been wanting to check out Oronogo anyway and it would give me a chance to check out "the hill" before I actually have to haul stuff up and down it. gNats-are you staying somewhere that night and need someone to split the cost of a room with you? At this point it doesn't look like I have anything going on that weekend (although in my life that doesn't mean much).

you have to come to oronogo on the 28th... i'm making a play to get my honorary man card and you should be there to get yours too.

i'm bringing leinies and hopefully brownies!

KennyD
01-07-2009, 17:43
This is looking better everyday!

KennyD
01-07-2009, 17:46

John rents out Drysuits.....:smiley20: They are all brand new and quite nice. Have you ever dove Dry?

gNats
01-07-2009, 18:15

Hey KennyD - talked to DW - I am up for the Chicken McNuggits with BBQ Sauce!

(Um, that would be the cabin cruiser).

So, if the Flywheel is a Whopper with Double-Cheese, what's a Wendy's Single with everything?

Wow, everytime I think about diving in MO, I get hungry. why is that?

Dark Wolf
01-07-2009, 18:18
Wendy's single with everything would be the Armageddon!!!! :D

Depends, what are you hungry for? LMAO!! :D

DW

gNats
01-07-2009, 18:19

DW

It EVEN sounds like a Single with everything!

gNats
01-07-2009, 18:21

Depends, what are you hungry for? LMAO!! :D

DW

DDC - not sure if I am ready to order up a helping of Narced just yet

Dark Wolf
01-07-2009, 18:22
:smiley36::smilie39::smiley36::smilie39:

Nat, have you heard the Armageddon audio clip? :smilie39::smilie39:

There is a story there! Just ask CRNA!!!! But not what you pervs are prolly thinking!!

I like the spirit, though!!!:smiley31:

DW

gNats
01-07-2009, 18:23

There is a story there! Just ask CRNA!!!!

DW

You mean the one where you scream like a girl and the sound of water splashing drowns out CRNA's laughter?

Dark Wolf
01-07-2009, 18:57

DW

You mean the one where you scream like a girl and the sound of water splashing drowns out CRNA's laughter?

Ahhh. That was a low blow!! Hmmmm, that one will cost you!! :smilie39:

And no, that is not the clip. I will share it with you, I think you will get a kick out of it!! Smartass!!

DW

gNats
01-07-2009, 19:12

DW

Ahhh. That was a low blow!! Hmmmm, that one will cost you!! :smilie39:

And no, that is not the clip. I will share it with you, I think you will get a kick out of it!! Smartass!!

DW

There I go, biting the hand... I'm gonna have to hope you don't remember this before I come out and suit up.

KennyD
01-07-2009, 20:48

Hey KennyD - talked to DW - I am up for the Chicken McNuggits with BBQ Sauce!

(Um, that would be the cabin cruiser).

So, if the Flywheel is a Whopper with Double-Cheese, what's a Wendy's Single with everything?

Wow, everytime I think about diving in MO, I get hungry. why is that?
I'd hate to think you want to go to Armageddon and not expect to get Narc'd out of your brain. I've seen certain people here on the forum go there and be loony toons one time and be fine the next. I'm Not saying any names.....Hippy:smilie39:..
You will be in very good hands Nat! No worries! What is your deepest dive to date?

navyhmc
01-07-2009, 21:33

DW

DW

Actually, I was thinking of threatening to post something that will make the "War Hammer" look tame!!! :smiley11::smilie39::smilie39:

navyhmc
01-07-2009, 21:34
BTW, given the fast food scale that you guys are posting, what's the plane? A chicken strip?

CWSWine
01-07-2009, 22:17
BTW, given the fast food scale that you guys are posting, what's the plane? A chicken strip?

Probably more like a happy meal.

navyhmc
01-07-2009, 22:39

Makes sense..I was happy, you were happy, Brandon was happy... :smiley20:

What's your plan for these dives? Willing to go for the cabin cruiser? Won't be long, but it's something to see.

gNats
01-08-2009, 07:56
You will be in very good hands Nat! No worries! What is your deepest dive to date?

Wait for it, wait for it.

72 feet. LOL... Does it count that the water temp was only 37 degrees? Viz that day was great - about 35ft.

Haven't done much deep water, not because of my own abilities, but opportunity. I only have 14 dives in, and all of them are after September!

My only real concern with deeper dives would be understanding my own air consumption and what sort of dive time I should expect. I have a week in Bonaire coming up - I know the conditions will be different, but after 3-4 dives a day for 6 days - I should have a good feel for my non-stress air consumption. Add a bit colder water and calculate in the depth and we should be able to create a reasonable dive plan.

gNats
01-08-2009, 08:02
I'd hate to think you want to go to Armageddon and not expect to get Narc'd out of your brain.

I expect I would be narc'd out of my mind. So, if I do get narc'd, keep all bags of Doritos away from me. If being narc'd is anything like what I remember Friday nights in HS to be like, I suspect I would put a serious hurt on that bag of doritos.

And, for the record, DW did tell me about Armageddon - I won't be diving that this trip. :smiley21: I'll stick to the Cabin Cruiser.

gNats
01-08-2009, 08:05

DW

DW

Actually, I was thinking of threatening to post something that will make the "War Hammer" look tame!!! :smiley11::smilie39::smilie39:

OHMIGOD! Seriously, last night on another forum/chat, two people were talking about a 3rd person's avatar and this warhammer. The photo was too small for me to see, so I asked what it was about.

I have to learn NOT to be so inquisitive. There are SOME THINGS that DON"T need to be shared.

eeeeeeewwwwwwww

And now I read it posted here.

I will PAY YOU not to follow through with your DARE!

navyhmc
01-08-2009, 08:18
:smilie39::smilie39:

I made the mistake of asking about that hammer thing once. Can not unsee what has been seen!!! I was seriously regretting I asked.

Now DW...anything is possible.

BTW, nice talking with you last night DW, I got slammed after I hung up with you. 7 calls, 5 hours.:smiley29:

gNats
01-08-2009, 08:25
:smilie39::smilie39:

I made the mistake of asking about that hammer thing once. Can not unsee what has been seen!!! I was seriously regretting I asked.

I was fortunate - they described it in G-rated terms. Had they shown me a photo - well, I'm glad that was one vision I was spared.

I was told not to go near this subject on SB... apparently, they are more than willing to "share photos" of the experience.

navyhmc
01-08-2009, 08:56
Once was enough for me.

Dark Wolf
01-08-2009, 10:54
Ahhhh yes. The Warhammer!! That is a priceless picture!! :D

DW

cowgirldiver
01-08-2009, 11:40
As I remember (unfortunately) I think I saw the Warhammer picture somewhere here on the forum.....why did you guys have to remind me of that.

Dark Wolf
01-08-2009, 14:38
As I remember (unfortunately) I think I saw the Warhammer picture somewhere here on the forum.....why did you guys have to remind me of that.

Maybe I will put the Warhammer pic on your T-shirt, cowgirl!!!!:smilie39::smilie39:

DW

cowgirldiver
01-08-2009, 14:56
Then I'll have to wear it around the DDCN get together and burn out everyone's eyes!!!!

plot
01-08-2009, 16:22
none of you have warhammered before?

gNats
01-08-2009, 16:28
DW - don't you dare! Or, or, or, or, I will CORRUPT your little girl with evil ideas like like like..... high heels and mini skirts! And Makeup!

Hmmmm.... that may not work... something tells me daddy's little girl already has some hidden girlie girl habits.

Well, just don't. I'm not flying all the way to MO to have THAT (OMG) on a t-shirt I am expected to wear!

:smiley11:

KennyD
01-08-2009, 16:28
I'm more into Peace Pipes.....LMAO

gNats
01-08-2009, 16:30

Do not ask what that means... do not ask what that means.... do not ask what that means.

The answer may be frightening.

CWSWine
01-08-2009, 16:38

What's your plan for these dives? Willing to go for the cabin cruiser? Won't be long, but it's something to see.

I will get bunch more dives later this month and going to do Peak Buoyancy cert and going to try get deep and wreck done if I have time. Probably the cruiser will be in my comfort zone. If not I there are a bunch of shallow divers that I can buddy up with and just get some dives under my belt.

gNats
01-08-2009, 16:47

I will get bunch more dives later this month and going to do Peak Buoyancy cert and going to try get deep and wreck done if I have time. Probably the cruiser will be in my comfort zone. If not I there are a bunch of shallow divers that I can buddy up with and just get some dives under my belt.

Hey CSW: Looks like there will be plenty of shallow divers. And frankly, right now, I am all talk about that cruiser, but I may get wobbly knees the day of the dive and stay above 60ft. :)

I dive with the majority - if 5 people say shallow - I'm super good with diving that dive.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Dark Wolf
01-08-2009, 16:53
DW - don't you dare! Or, or, or, or, I will CORRUPT your little girl with evil ideas like like like..... high heels and mini skirts! And Makeup!

Hmmmm.... that may not work... something tells me daddy's little girl already has some hidden girlie girl habits.

Well, just don't. I'm not flying all the way to MO to have THAT (OMG) on a t-shirt I am expected to wear!

:smiley11:

OK, OK!!! NO MINI SKIRTS (at least on LW!)!!!!!!!!! I will not "Warhammer" your shirt! Lol.

DW

Dark Wolf
01-08-2009, 17:06
Hey CWS, if your comfort zone does not include the CC then we can do something else. No worries. We will wait and see how you feel, then make a decision.

DW

plot
01-09-2009, 15:58
really though, did anyone ever decide on what the ddcn tshirts will look like?

KennyD
01-09-2009, 20:40

Do not ask what that means... do not ask what that means.... do not ask what that means.

The answer may be frightening.
Like a "HOOKAH" but Smaller....:smilie39:

Skred
01-09-2009, 20:46
Not trying to hijack this thread or anything, but after reading it, I had to go find out about the warhammer thing.

All I can say is...damn, that's wrong!:smiley29:

Dark Wolf
01-09-2009, 22:30
Yes, I have the design of the shirts almost complete. Should start printing in the next few days. Hopefully they turn out well.

DW

fire diver
01-10-2009, 01:22
Can you post the shirt design? I'd like to get one.

navyhmc
01-10-2009, 02:46
Is it close to the design we talked about DW? Put me down for one.

bottomdweller
01-10-2009, 09:24
Not trying to hijack this thread or anything, but after reading it, I had to go find out about the warhammer thing.

All I can say is...damn, that's wrong!:smiley29:

I found out the hard way too.
I just had to google it for myself, Just wouldn't listen to all the others who told me I would be better off not knowing (or seeing) what exactly the WarHammer was.
Curiosity killed the cat!!! & it also warped my brain.

plot
01-10-2009, 11:57
at least all you guys had to do was read about it on the internet. i found out about it when a divebuddy actually went and did it.

cowgirldiver
01-10-2009, 14:21
I checked with Captain John and he says he has several 6.5 mil women's Farmer Jane type wetsuits. That will probably be the way to go. I see they also have hoods-I have a beanie but might have to try a hood-guess it depends on the water temp that day. I'm getting excited (okay not as excited as when I go to the Caymans in a couple of weeks (dig, dig)) but pretty darned close. Let me know when I need to put my tshirt order in. I might have to start putting a big slope on the treadmill to practice for "the hill".

gNats
01-10-2009, 14:30
I checked with Captain John and he says he has several 6.5 mil women's Farmer Jane type wetsuits. That will probably be the way to go. I see they also have hoods-I have a beanie but might have to try a hood-guess it depends on the water temp that day. I'm getting excited (okay not as excited as when I go to the Caymans in a couple of weeks (dig, dig)) but pretty darned close. Let me know when I need to put my tshirt order in. I might have to start putting a big slope on the treadmill to practice for "the hill".

Dang - Cowgirl - what size would you wear in a Farmer Jane 7mm HYPERSTRETCH suit?

I have a 2pc 7mm Henderson Hyperstretch Size 6 that I will GLADLY bring down for you to use. I am diving in my drysuit.

you will need gloves, boots, and a hood probably, but this suit is sooooo comfy. I only wore it on less than 12 dives before I bought my drysuit (and I swear - I HAVE NEVER PEED IN IT eeeeewwwwww).

If you would like to use it, please let me know. Go to Henderson's website to see if it will fit you based on measurements. Trust me when I say the hyperstretch works as well if not better than advertised.

I will have enough room to bring it in my luggage, so don't feel like you are putting me out or inconveniencing me.

PM me or post here.

gNats

KennyD
01-10-2009, 15:32

Dang - Cowgirl - what size would you wear in a Farmer Jane 7mm HYPERSTRETCH suit?

I have a 2pc 7mm Henderson Hyperstretch Size 6 that I will GLADLY bring down for you to use. I am diving in my drysuit.

you will need gloves, boots, and a hood probably, but this suit is sooooo comfy. I only wore it on less than 12 dives before I bought my drysuit (and I swear - I HAVE NEVER PEED IN IT eeeeewwwwww).

If you would like to use it, please let me know. Go to Henderson's website to see if it will fit you based on measurements. Trust me when I say the hyperstretch works as well if not better than advertised.

I will have enough room to bring it in my luggage, so don't feel like you are putting me out or inconveniencing me.

PM me or post here.

gNats
I would take Nat. up on the offer! Capt.John's Suits are OLD and Junky! From What I've seen... The Henderson Hyperstretch stuff is fantastic and YES you will need a hood and gloves and warm booties.. Hope the size will work for you.
And don't worry about the HILL...it's realy not that bad at all.

DivingCRNA
01-10-2009, 22:44
The water temp will be about 48-52 no matter what. Wear a hood unless you are stubborn and mad that all the cool kids are doing deep dives.....

KennyD
01-11-2009, 08:42
My wife decided she wants to try and dive on the 28th. too. She will be diving in a wet suit also. So I doubt she will want to go very deep but I could be wrong. So there should be plenty of people that may dive in the shallows. Or she may use a friends drysuit, and then she will dive deep I'm sure. Either way there will be plenty of people.
Looking forward to meeting and seeing everybody!

Dark Wolf
01-11-2009, 10:35
Same here, Kenny!!

cowgirldiver, you will WANT a hood! Several of us are gonna stay shallow, around 100' to work on new gear and whatnot. You are welcome to join us if you like. The hill is not bad, just take your gear to the bottom first and put in on just before entering the water. Look forward to seeing you there!!

Firediver, PM me with size, color of shirt, etc and I will see that you get one. Sorry, can't post a pic of the design yet as I don't quite have it finished. As soon as I do, I will send it to you.

DW

navyhmc
01-11-2009, 11:41
I'll be bringing a couple spare sets of gloves, boots and hoods, just in case those that need them will fit them.

cowgirldiver
01-11-2009, 12:25
Same here, Kenny!!

cowgirldiver, you will WANT a hood! Several of us are gonna stay shallow, around 100' to work on new gear and whatnot. You are welcome to join us if you like. The hill is not bad, just take your gear to the bottom first and put in on just before entering the water. Look forward to seeing you there!!

Firediver, PM me with size, color of shirt, etc and I will see that you get one. Sorry, can't post a pic of the design yet as I don't quite have it finished. As soon as I do, I will send it to you.

DW
DW was this a typo when you said several people were going to be staying shallow at 100 feet? I look forward to scrounging through everyone's extra gear to find what I need (I hope everyone has their stuff marked with their initials). I'm just sad that I'm not trained for dry so I can go play with the cool kids. Just more incentive to keep getting that extra training.

DivingCRNA
01-11-2009, 13:11
Same here, Kenny!!

DW
DW was this a typo when you said several people were going to be staying shallow at 100 feet? I look forward to scrounging through everyone's extra gear to find what I need (I hope everyone has their stuff marked with their initials). I'm just sad that I'm not trained for dry so I can go play with the cool kids. Just more incentive to keep getting that extra training.

I may have a spare drysuit that day. I am 5'10" and 198# and it is a little snug. The seals have not been trimmed and there is a pee valve. If my new suit fits, as I think it should, I could loan out the old one. It will also be for sale if the new suit works out.

Yes, Cowgirl, he meant 100' as shallow. I will have a new drysuit and a new slung deco bottle I will be testing out at 100' that day.

DivingCRNA
01-11-2009, 13:13
My wife decided she wants to try and dive on the 28th. too. She will be diving in a wet suit also. So I doubt she will want to go very deep but I could be wrong. So there should be plenty of people that may dive in the shallows. Or she may use a friends drysuit, and then she will dive deep I'm sure. Either way there will be plenty of people.
Looking forward to meeting and seeing everybody!

Bubbles is coming! Schweet! :smiley20:

navyhmc
01-11-2009, 13:15
Don't let 'em scare you cowgirldiver, there's plenty to do at the more shallow depths. Also, I may have a rather old,but still usable hooded vest ot bring that could fit a more petite diver. I currently use a 6.5 one pice and a hooded vest under it and find it definitely adds some warmth.

cowgirldiver
01-11-2009, 13:53
It's not that I haven't gone deep-145 on my last trip to Cozumel-but that was in exceptionally clear water and quite a bit warmer. I think that just getting in the water will suffice this time and it looks like it's shaping up to be a great time with an every increasing group of people. What a party!!!

DivingCRNA
01-11-2009, 16:52
It's not that I haven't gone deep-145 on my last trip to Cozumel-but that was in exceptionally clear water and quite a bit warmer. I think that just getting in the water will suffice this time and it looks like it's shaping up to be a great time with an every increasing group of people. What a party!!!

145' in Mexico is a world away from 145' in Missouri, coming from someone who has done both. :). Shallow is a good idea tv 28th :)

gNats
01-11-2009, 16:55
If this is just a HINT at what the 4th of July will be like! Woo Hoo

KennyD
01-11-2009, 17:51

145' in Mexico is a world away from 145' in Missouri, coming from someone who has done both. :). Shallow is a good idea tv 28th :)

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:Yes, 145' in Cozumel is like 30-45' at Oronogo on a GOOD day of VIZ...Wait, A GREAT day of VIZ...would be closer to the truth. @145 in Coz you can still see 100-150 viz. with sunlight. At Oronogo you had better have a good light source! Just to see your gauges..:smiley20: or your dive buddy...:smilie40: And hope you dont' swim into a cave on accident because the entrance is so big and you are Narc'd out of your mind...
:blind_man:

Dark Wolf
01-11-2009, 18:05
LMAO @ Kenny!! Very true, been there, done that!!!

Nat, 4th of July is gonna be a BLAST!!! Diving, fireworks, BBQ. Maybe a few beers, it don't get better!!!

cowgirldiver, looking forward to seeing you there! Nat is right, it is gonna be FUN!! You should make the trip for the 4th, as well.

DW

cowgirldiver
01-11-2009, 18:41
I really wanted to come on the 4th but I usually work a Boy Scout fireworks stand that day. Once I check Oronogo out this time, hopefully Forrest and I will be able to catch up with you guys later in the season.

I know what you mean about it getting dark in lakes. This last Sept. I was diving over at Tenkiller with someone I just met the day before. We went over a ledge-I had a light but he didn't and at about 65 feet I couldn't see him anymore. I swam over to where I thought he was (which ended up only being a few of feet) and told him it was time to go up. If I'm going to buddy dive, I want to know where my buddy is....

DivingCRNA
01-11-2009, 18:47
I really wanted to come on the 4th but I usually work a Boy Scout fireworks stand that day. Once I check Oronogo out this time, hopefully Forrest and I will be able to catch up with you guys later in the season.

I know what you mean about it getting dark in lakes. This last Sept. I was diving over at Tenkiller with someone I just met the day before. We went over a ledge-I had a light but he didn't and at about 65 feet I couldn't see him anymore. I swam over to where I thought he was (which ended up only being a few of feet) and told him it was time to go up. If I'm going to buddy dive, I want to know where my buddy is....

Then don't buddy with DW!!!:smilie40::smilie39:

cowgirldiver
01-11-2009, 18:52
I expect since I'll be wearing some kind of wetsuit that I'll be hanging around the upper levels with the rest of the wannabe's.

DivingCRNA
01-11-2009, 20:57
I expect since I'll be wearing some kind of wetsuit that I'll be hanging around the upper levels with the rest of the wannabe's.

Water temp is going to be +/- 3 degrees of 50 degrees F at the surface or at 100 feet. U might as well join us if temp is the only concern...

Dark Wolf
01-13-2009, 12:24
Yep, very true! The Cabin Cruiser is a fun dive.

DW

Flatliner
01-13-2009, 15:49
I will talk to my buddy and see if he wants to drive down. Anybody else from Nebraska going?

Wkndbum
01-13-2009, 21:21
Robert, I'm still checking dates/schedule but should know in a couple weeks if I can make it.

Terry

LadyDarkWolf
01-13-2009, 21:36
and i won't be diving but i will be there too, maybe

CowGirl - I don't have a room to share, but it would be great to meet you that weekend!

Seriously, give it some thought. I'm worried that other than the doll DW is fond of, I may be the only girl on the premises!

medicdiver
01-13-2009, 21:49
It will be fun to meet everyone. I will be the one flailing about in a dry suit that is slightly too big. So I won't be going too deep.

cowgirldiver
01-14-2009, 10:24
Maybe all that flailing will warm up the water and all of us in wetsuits will be swarming around you (either that or your area will be all silted up and you'll be all by yourself.....)

medicdiver
01-14-2009, 11:10
I guess that would be a good reason to take a solo course.

Dark Wolf
01-14-2009, 11:14
Lol. And you can do it right there! That is where I got mine!

DW

Flatliner
01-14-2009, 12:59
Robert, I'm still checking dates/schedule but should know in a couple weeks if I can make it.

Terry

Terry,

I haven't checked in with Household-6 yet BUT if you are interested in going down together, I would be happy to drive. (Gotta love that company van...)

Robert

Merrimorte
01-16-2009, 15:22
Now, would I do THAT?! :D :D

DW

UH YES! :smiley2:

GIFFMANN
01-20-2009, 09:57
I will talk to my buddy and see if he wants to drive down. Anybody else from Nebraska going?

Talk to me goose!

gNats
01-20-2009, 10:42
Flatliner and Giffmann,

When you decide to go, go to the Poll thread and find my latest list of the confirmed attendees.

Please include the names of all divers and non-divers in the reply. DW is taking a head count for t-shirts, barbque'd meats, and - gasp - a secret ST surprise!

:smilie40: