PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still diving in the NE?

JimHar99
12-03-2008, 06:11
Hi NE fellow divers. I live in NY, just north of Westchester. I was wondering if there is any place where people are still diving. I have a new drysuit that I want to get out and dive with and I don't think I can wait until the spring gets here.
Any quaries, lakes, rivers, or backyard pools that are not frozen? :icon_smile_big:

MSilvia
12-03-2008, 09:24
Lakes? There's a lot of ocean in the northeast that almost never freezes. You might try there. Otherwise, ice diving can be a lot of fun.

There are definately places where people (like me) are still diving. In fact, there are still charter boats running up here.

cummings66
12-03-2008, 11:48
They put away the boats where I live when it gets cold out. Now I'm just shore diving. I would say go take a good ice diving course and enjoy it, that is some of the most fun diving there is to be had.

Rileybri
12-03-2008, 12:22
I dont have a dry suit yet but there are still people diving in Lake Champlain here in VT. From what I hear they dive year round..........

3rdEye
12-03-2008, 14:26
i wish...quarry closed the 23rd

CFDAlden
12-04-2008, 01:58
I'd love to get another dive in this year. Not sure if I can wedge it into the holiday season, though.

Need to try out different temps with the drysuit and undies. :)

JimHar99
12-04-2008, 21:51
I don't think I'll get any diving in until January. I'm too busy at work and now the holiday season is here, so there's not enough days in the week to do everything.
Once the new year gets here, I'm thinking about diving at the 8th Street Beach, near JFK. Has anyone ever dove there?

drtyjrzy
01-14-2009, 01:10
Hey Jim the Sealion out of Brielle NJ will dive all winter long, as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure they are going out this weekend. I'd love to go but due to wrist surgery I''l be dry untill early summer. Anyway if your interested you can check the website at www.atlantic-wreckdivers.com (http://www.atlantic-wreckdivers.com),
or give Lakeland Divers a call at (973) 887-0194. They stay shallow this time of year 80fsw max. Hope this helps.
Paule