PDA

View Full Version : Cozumel Trip Report

TRACI
12-03-2008, 15:11
As always, had a great trip in Coz Nov 27 -Dec 2.

Flew out of Houston, had no problems.

Stayed at Casa Del Mar. We have stayed their many times, and it is always great. This was the first time we did the full American plan, that included all meals and drinks. It is well worth it, only paid $22 per day, per person through Apple Vacations. We have stayed in Coz alot, so it is nice just to hang out at the hotel after diving. The only time we did eat out was two times at Primas. Crab Stuffed Shrimp Au Gratin, Mmmmmm........! Now I have to do some serious dieting:smiley5:

All of our dives were great with Papa Hogs. Our DM was Eric, I can not say enough great things about him. We had two divers this trip that were making their first ocean dives, and Eric was very patient and tried extremely hard to make sure that they were comfortable with every dive. Monday was a little windy, only bigger boats were going out of the marina, but weather was really nice.

Columbia Shallows, Yucab, Santa Rosa Wall, Tormentos, Palancar Caves, and Palancar Gardens were all great.

Downtown was starting to decorate for Christmas, so all the xmas lights were really pretty. Wish I could have stayed longer:smiley19:

starfish sandy
12-03-2008, 15:14
Thanks for the report - we'll be there in Feb! Can't wait!

cowgirldiver
12-03-2008, 16:28
Traci:

I thought about you when they said your birthday was on the 1st-what a great place to celebrate!!! Did you leave some of the the crab stuffed shrimp for me??? Also my favorite!!! I leave tomorrow-won't dive till Friday-saw the temp was 77 today but was supposed to be up to 82 by Friday. That 77 is a little too much like diving here in OK!!

Glad you had a great time and now you have me psyched up for my time there!!

rainmaker
12-03-2008, 16:38
Thanks for the nice report. Palencar Gardens is one of my all-time favorite dive sites. I'll be there in February, too. Can't wait!

DMWiz
12-03-2008, 17:04
Now I have to do some serious dieting:smiley5:

Just wait until after New Year's Day and make it your resolution to loose the weight in time for your next trip to Coz... rinse, repeat!:smiley2:

Thanks for the report.:smiley20:

Wiz

mrm777
12-03-2008, 18:07
Casa del Mar and Papa Hogs....sounds like a good combo. Thanks for the report.

TRACI
12-04-2008, 07:52
Thanks for the nice report. Palencar Gardens is one of my all-time favorite dive sites. I'll be there in February, too. Can't wait!

I would love to go in February for Carnival, it looks like so much fun!

rainmaker
12-04-2008, 10:18

I would love to go in February for Carnival, it looks like so much fun!

Looks like the parades will be on the 21st and 22nd this year, and I'm trying to put together a trip for the dates of Feb. 10 - 24.

I was there last year for Carnaval, and it was quite a display of color and pagentry, and a lot of fun. Even the cruise ships in the harbor got into the act, with separate light shows of their own. There was an unbelievable amount of food available on the square, and I'll always remember the fire-dancing. This year I'll have a camcorder.

Oh, and I hope to do about 50 dives (including shore dives) while I'm there, too. As far as I'm concerned, dive trips don't get much better than Cozumel during Carnaval.

dwh1836
12-08-2008, 18:50
my wife and I will be going back again in Feb. Not sure what the carnival is all about,but any excuse for fun is good for me.

Daz
12-08-2008, 20:39
my wife and I will be going back again in Feb. Not sure what the carnival is all about,but any excuse for fun is good for me.
It's not the carnival, it's Carnival (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival) (as in the last bash before Lent).