PDA

View Full Version : Top Three Coffin Nails

Largo
12-06-2008, 19:01
Fella's, as you know, there comes a moment in every relationship when you blurt out something that you can't take back, and you know that it's over.

My top three are:

Number 3: Are you ever going to learn to cook, or were you planning on raising a family on KFC and Mickey D's?

Number 2: Well, since you didn't believe me the first three times you asked, as a matter of fact, Yes, I do love this guitar more than you.

and drumroll please...

Number 1: Get that filthy cat out of my house.

So, what are your top three, "Uh Oh" moments?

ScaredSilly
12-06-2008, 19:13
Who says you have to say anything ...

fart ...

belch ...

leaving the toilet seat up ...

scubastud
12-06-2008, 19:51
1. Wow your friend is hot
2. Wow your sister is hot
3. Wow your mom is hot

DevilDiver
12-06-2008, 20:25
1. Wow your friend is hot
2. Wow your sister is hot
3. Wow your mom is hot

:smilie39:

FishFood
12-06-2008, 20:51
1. Do you have to start EVERY sentance with "Like"?

2 Critique their driving in ANY way

3. ...

chinacat46
12-06-2008, 21:00
You don't look 40 but I bet you did when you were.

Scotttyd
12-06-2008, 22:02
1. calling my girlfriend the name of my previous ex girlfriend
2. calling my girlfriend the name of my ex a second time
3. yup, did it a third time

and somehow she still married me

chicken
12-07-2008, 06:46
How about...

1. When purchasing clothes guessing the wrong size in the larger direction? Now I always get small, she can return for the correct size.

2. Setting up her heart rate monitor and entering the weight 25 lbs too heavy.

3. Choosing a dive trip on MY birthday that didn't include her (she doesn't dive).

scubastud
12-07-2008, 10:30
chicken.... ummm I went to Curaco with my son on HER birthday...
She got me back though.. she got a doggie (her gift from me apparently) while I was gone.
The little sh.. bit me on the hand when I got home.

monant
12-07-2008, 12:46
Just think how good you would feel if you lost another 5 pounds.

I guess you have enough jewerly huh.

Here, smell this.

I haven't pounded the fourth nail yet because I keep my damn mouth shut!

gNats
12-08-2008, 10:21
Awesome Post Largo. :smiley20:

I would love to add to the list.

LaCroix42
12-08-2008, 10:33
I have been known to blurt an answer she didn't want to hear. When she gets a horrified look on her face, or gets annoyed about my answer, the reply is "don't ask me a question if you don't want the answer."

Yep, I've slept in the dog house a few times. In regards to the toilet seat, my preferred reply is "I'm a big boy and figured out how to put it up, you're a big girl and can figure out how to put it down."

gNats
12-08-2008, 11:30
Yep, I've slept in the dog house a few times. In regards to the toilet seat, my preferred reply is "I'm a big boy and figured out how to put it up, you're a big girl and can figure out how to put it down."

Personally, I agree. That is a stupid battle to fight. If a woman falls in, well, damn. Get a clue.

However, in my home, I prefer the LID DOWN method. Not just the seat, but the whole lid. Something about having the lid open all the time makes me feel like it is a public restroom.

With the lid down philosphy, both parties are equal. Both have to lift up to use and both put down at the end. :smiley20:

cummings66
12-08-2008, 11:42
It's been an interesting read. In the man laws forum no less.

loudgonzo
12-08-2008, 12:03
1. "...oh yeah, _____ called last week and I forgot to tell you"

2. damn she's hot!

3. Otra vez arroz y frijoles?!

unclepooty
12-08-2008, 12:20
Funny post! Wife went swimsuit shopping after birth of our son. I had to talk her into modeling for me. While she was changing in the bathroom, I quipped how bad could it be? as long as it doesn't have a skirt on it like the fat girls wear. True story, but I never saw that suit.

dwatts
12-08-2008, 12:40
I've had to bite my lip a number of times...but to this day I am still dying to say "It's not the pants that make you fat". Of course, I realize the cost of such a comment so I've kept my mouth shut.

dallasdivergirl
12-08-2008, 15:06
Funny post! Wife went swimsuit shopping after birth of our son. I had to talk her into modeling for me. While she was changing in the bathroom, I quipped how bad could it be? as long as it doesn't have a skirt on it like the fat girls wear. True story, but I never saw that suit.

wow....I can just say wow.

Largo
12-08-2008, 17:15

Hi Gnat. I like your posts. Funny stuff. I am interested in what things women might say that could end a relationship.

Once, a gal I was dating said, "I forbid you from joining the Army." That was the nail in that coffin. That was it for me. I threw her two Full-Birds, and marched off to the recruiter. Ladies, if you want a man to do something, then 'forbid' him from doing it. In example; "I forbid you from cleaning the toilet!"

Best decision I ever made.

gNats
12-08-2008, 17:29

Hi Gnat. I like your posts. Funny stuff. I am interested in what things women might say that could end a relationship.

Once, a gal I was dating said, "I forbid you from joining the Army." That was the nail in that coffin. That was it for me. I threw her two Full-Birds, and marched off to the recruiter. Ladies, if you want a man to do something, then 'forbid' him from doing it. In example; "I forbid you from cleaning the toilet!"

Best decision I ever made.

One of the funniest movies in my list of "chick comedies" is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (or something like that).

In the movie, this group of girls were discussing things that women do in a dating relationship that is all wrong.

"Call a guy at 2am and describe to him everything that you had to eat that day"

Yep, that's the one I keep in the "In Case of Bad Boyfriend Break Glass" case.

The other thing that worked well for me, buy the kitten after he says - you don't need another animal. Yeah, I didn't even WANT that kitten, but, hell. He didn't live there. The next day - I was the proud owner of two spaniels and a 4 month old kitten. And he was GONE GONE GONE. LOL.

And I didn't have to do the breakup dance! :smiley20:

FYI - She's a great cat. Wouldn't part with her for the world today.

Largo
12-08-2008, 17:42
Animals in the house?

YUCK!

Rileybri
12-08-2008, 17:43
1) if you don't pluck that hair from your nipple I am leaving you
2) You don't kiss anything like your sister
3) putting an old draft of a break up letter to another woman, in current (then) girl friends Christmas card envelop. That is the last time I ever get bulk Christmas cards!!!

I have learned A LOT since those days!

Largo
12-08-2008, 17:51
A gentleman would have plucked it for her.

DollFin
12-08-2008, 17:57

I figured there was a romantic streak in you somewhere! :smiley36:

Largo
12-08-2008, 17:59
Dollfin's back!!!

Rileybri
12-08-2008, 17:59

This thread and our dumb ass moves have NOTHING to do with being a gentleman! :smiley2: it was convenient for flossing though.......

Largo
12-08-2008, 18:01
Brian,
Hmmm. Was your girlfriend Portuguese or Polish?

Rileybri
12-08-2008, 18:04
Brian,
Hmmm. Was your girlfriend Portuguese or Polish?

lol Irish actually. Go figure. Amazing what a simple hair can get in the way of because as quoted from Sienfield "They were real and they were fabulous!"

Largo
12-08-2008, 18:11
That's a shame.

Not a lot of fine Irish girls about these days.

I'l buy you a case of Bushmill's if you'll forgive the lass.

Or, I know some Brazilians girls, if you can't bring yourself to it.

DollFin
12-08-2008, 18:28
Dollfin's back!!!

I was never gone! (Although I am leaving for St. Thomas Weds. morning!!!) :D

(by the way... do you realize that this is the 2nd time you interrupted one of your own "Manly-Man" threads to take note of my mere presence??? Hmmmmmm.....)

Largo
12-08-2008, 18:30
Can I come with?

Rileybri
12-08-2008, 19:58
That's a shame.

Not a lot of fine Irish girls about these days.

I'l buy you a case of Bushmill's if you'll forgive the lass.

Or, I know some Brazilians girls, if you can't bring yourself to it.

Oh in the end it was I that needed the forgiving......Remember that break up letter in the #2 position. It was meant for her!:smiley30:
I do like Bushmill's and Brazilians though so I forgive you Kelly where ever you are for that one rogue hair where it should have never been!

kong
12-08-2008, 22:16
1. Called them the name of a close friend (sometimes in the bed room)

2. Told them I wouldn't have gotten together with them if I had it to do over again.

3. Told them I was starting a diet and asked if they thought they should start one too.

CFDAlden
12-09-2008, 00:44
Answered "yes" to the dreaded question.....

Do these jeans make my ass look fat? :D

scubastud
12-09-2008, 05:15
1 I miss Largo's posts
2 I really miss Largo's posts
3 I really really miss Largo's posts (but not in a gay way)

gNats
12-09-2008, 07:56
1. Called them the name of a close friend (sometimes in the bed room)

My dog's name is Emily.

UM, yeah. Call me by my dog's name, yeah, that is a sure no-win situation with me.

ektess1
12-09-2008, 14:30
Nothing works. I have made every blunder. Of course she knew me before I married her. Either she is unbelievable dense or she loves me very much. Both work for me.

BuzzF117
12-10-2008, 16:25
Answered "yes" to the dreaded question.....

Do these jeans make my ass look fat? :D

Correct answer is "your big butt makes your ass look big"

IrishSquid
12-10-2008, 18:38
I was under the impression that all men have to do is "breathe"?

BHC
12-12-2008, 18:16
- Well, they say that you marry your mother (she hates mine)
- Honey, you might want to clean the shower, I couldn't hold it
- You might want to reconsider wearing spandex

samrawet
12-16-2008, 01:07
nice you have all

Judge
12-19-2008, 08:10
I just have one big one
Set up a dive on our anniversary...and didn't realize it was our anniversary

andyrent
12-19-2008, 11:44
I laughed my A** off reading all of these. I'm sure that I have had many blunders over the last 10 years. Nothing comes to mind so they must not have been too bad or I was able to smooth things over.

divetard
01-04-2009, 10:46
Pretty much says it all........Beware of the Doghouse Video (http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/12/Beware-of-the-Doghouse-615085.html)