PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic V16's

Campo
12-08-2008, 05:04
I have just bought a new set of Oceanic V16 split fins.

For each fin they have a big plastic piece that can be inserted into the foot pocket. Is this just for packaging? Or does it need to be inserted when I'm not using the fins to maintain the foot pocket shape?

They also came with a little bit of plastic in between the 2 splits. Likewise, is this just for apckaging? Or do I need to keep it on when its not in use?

Bob-B
12-09-2008, 19:14
MY Atomic fins had the form for the foot pocket and I put it back in when I am done diving. Helps to keep the shape and prevent crushing during storage. I didn't get the piece between the fin blades, but it is probably for the same reason of keeping the shape so they look nice when they are sold. Depending on how you store them you may want to keep using them.

Campo
12-09-2008, 23:33
thanks Bob

Black-Gorrilla
12-17-2008, 23:51
the piece holding the 2 splits is just for storage/packaging as well... Just helps avoid an awkward split ( think v instead of ll )

jba2905
01-02-2009, 05:19
Yeah I got a pair of V16's and was wondering the same thing!

I have put the inserts in the fins while in storage and held onto the little clips as well!

Originally i thought you might use the little clips if you wanted non split fins for certain dives such as for silt issues. But on closer looking it seems that they would get knocked off pretty easily!

James

LRDWILDER
02-11-2009, 06:10
I have a set of V16's as well...the foot inserts went in the trash day 1...my foot holds the pocket open!