PDA

View Full Version : Table Rock Lake on Dec. 10?

Dark Wolf
12-08-2008, 22:00
Clay and I will be on Table Rock Lake on Wednesday (Dec. 10). We were wondering if anyone else was planning on being down there? We are going to dive the Kimberling City Bridge, and possibly the Zebulon Pike for the second dive. Anyone interested?

DW

DivingCRNA
12-08-2008, 22:42
I would love to, but someone has to stomp out back pain in Barton County on Wednesday.

We on for the 27th? I am good with the 120s. Lets dive.

Dark Wolf
12-15-2008, 16:27
Well, our trip was very fun and interesting. This was our second trip to Table Rock Lake, and this one went more as planned. We put the boat in the water and motored over to the bridge. Clay had recently installed a GPS and sonar unit on his boat, so we used that to find where we wanted to drop the hook. We got a reading on the sonar, and the hook was thrown over. When we had a solid hook, I geared up and went down to tie in. I saw the hook as I hit 130', and saw that we had hooked a very big...........tree. I unhooked from the tree and started my ascent.
On the surface, we recoiled the rope and started searching again. When the sonar got another hit, the hook was again thrown over the side. We got another solid hook and started the whole gearing up process again. Fortunately, when I dropped this time we were right on the bridge! I tied in and sent a bottle to the surface to let Clay know that we were tied in to the bridge. I then went about my dive, which was shorter than planned due to the bounce dive to unhook from the tree. As I ascended to 50' I saw Clay on his way down to do his dive.
We were running late by the time we were both back on the boat, so we loaded up and turned towards home. Was a very fun dive, and we are planning to do it again on Saturday.

DW

moregooder
01-18-2009, 10:58
glad you like the bridge. Have you found the bell yet. I have never been down there this early in the year, what was the vis like, would like to go down late in feb.

Dark Wolf
01-18-2009, 16:15
Yes, we (CRNA actually) found the bell on our last trip down there. I would say that the vis was around 10' or so. It was a very dark dive, but was a great one!

DW

moregooder
01-20-2009, 16:09
we will have to get together, I can make hooking up to it much easier for you.

Dark Wolf
01-21-2009, 10:59
Sounds good!! I will look forward to it.

DW