PDA

View Full Version : Natural Springs Quarry in OHIO

scubasdaniel
08-19-2007, 05:44
The man that owns this property is a crook. Please do not rent a cabin there. When you book it they charge you for the full amount up front and there is no refrunds for any reason. I recommend a going to Northern Ohio to White Star and Portage. There are many other fun attractions in the area for non-diving family members.

cummings66
08-19-2007, 07:53
I don't know that this makes the operator a crook. It's pretty standard to not refund when you reserve something. I know 2 weeks ago I got a room that some divers booked, they took 4 rooms and never showed up. The place doesn't charge reservation fee's which means they had 4 rooms that could have been rented out that they couldn't because somebody booked them and never showed. So, out of the 4 they rented one and had 3 vacant when they could have had 4 rented. That isn't fair to the motel operator, and I can fully understand not refunding.

Now you could have something happen like it did to me last year. I booked a room at a fancy motel during Project Aware and less than a day before I was due to go there I hurt my back bad enough it landed me in bed for 3 days. I called the motel to let them know of it and that they could rent it back out, policy is no refunds less than 2 days notice. I had a doctors note I asked for from the Doctor stating I had this injury and the bed rest I was in need of, they took the note and refunded my money. I just had to fax it to them.

IMO, it's legit for an operator to keep monies, I fully expected this one to and they didn't which impressed me. So, without know more of the story I'm not going to avoid this place. Please post back and tell me when you tried to cancel and why you did. If it was a week in advance that's one thing, but a day is quite another.

wxboy911
08-19-2007, 11:09
I have always ask about the refund/cancellation policy before I book something like that. I got burned once many years ago and I was the only one to blame for losing the deposite. I think that is what made me the most angry, but I got over it. I learned the hardway again.

Hollywood703
08-22-2007, 13:10
yep, its the buyers responsibility to check on that BEFORE you book. Most places have some sort of fee for cancelations that are last minute.

CheatinDeath
09-01-2007, 15:13
I think circumstances should play a role in whether someone "loses" their money. I understand the whole "caveat emptor" philosophy, but being part of a family that has run it's own (non diving related) business for 25 years, I understand the need for balance in this area.

If you are truly unhappy, have philosophical differences on how things should be done or are introduced to rules that were not supplied to you before you get to your location, then I think you should be granted a full refund. I would never dive, or do anything else, in a manner or location that made me, or my dive buddy feel unsafe (even if it means sacrificing money).

Either way, it is a good lesson in doing as much research as possible before booking a trip/boat.

I will second the Portage quarry dives (Jeff does an awesome job with that quarry. I just wish I could have been there for their Legends diving festival) and throw Gilboa in there too. I know Gilboa has had it's ups and downs, but I have every confidence in Mike, who runs a tight ship there.

texdiveguy
09-01-2007, 15:52
The man that owns this property is a crook. Please do not rent a cabin there. When you book it they charge you for the full amount up front and there is no refrunds for any reason. I recommend a going to Northern Ohio to White Star and Portage. There are many other fun attractions in the area for non-diving family members.

Looks like a hard lesson learned....life is full of them.

coralcrazed
09-13-2007, 20:59

I'll try and remember this so I never get land-locked. I need water.

crpntr133
09-17-2007, 15:22
If you look on their web site it is clearly stated about their policy. Also it is on the bottom of every contract that you sign. So basically, their not a crook. Also their are 3 owns now, I think all lawyers.
On that note, I think it is a great place to go diving. Shallow but tons of fish.