PDA

View Full Version : Yap

12-10-2008, 07:07
The weather has been rough making the water choppy and the vis poor. Did two dives on Sunday and hit one very nice Manta Ray about 3 feet above me. He was easily 9 feet across.

Second day dive was scoreless, no rays.

Did a night dive tonight and saw my first lion fish. Lots of other interesting stuff, crabs, flounder, etc. Nice dive.

Two more for tomorrow (we hope and weather permitting).

DMWiz
12-10-2008, 10:47
Thank you for the report... I'm jealous now!

Be safe.
Wiz

texdiveguy
12-10-2008, 10:49
Thanks for the post....sounds like a great time....wish I was there.

12-14-2008, 01:34
Well the tally is finally in. We did a total of the three dives I previously mentioned. We used Yap Divers for all of them. Great place and the hotel is very nice. We had some very windy days with some strong current that cut the viz to an unacceptable level. Yap divers were very honest with us and didn't have us dive on poor days to make a little money for them.

The captain and dive masters were all professional and provided great service. Nitrox (32) is available and at no extra charge. The dives were the same price with our gear or their gear. I used mine, but some of the guys used the rental stuff and said it was great (but did require a weight belt).

Loved the place and the dives. I'm supposed to go back for work in March and look forward to diving with them again.

mrm777
12-15-2008, 18:10
Glad you had a good trip...where did you stay?

12-16-2008, 01:02
Glad you had a good trip...where did you stay?

We stayed a Manta Ray Bay Hotel. Nice place. There were several others that were ok that our party visited or stayed at. PM me for details if you are interested.