PDA

View Full Version : Aries XR questions

castanagajt
12-12-2008, 09:29
I swear I have looked at the manufacturer's website and read so many reviews on leisurepro and where ever some information may be about the Aeries XR-1 nx and the Aeries Xr-2 and I just can't decide between either one. Please keep it between only this brand and these two models because Aeries is the about the only thing he carries. This is for my brother's layaway scuba total package.

XR1 NX looks like it may have smaller numbers, no back light, 12 logged dives memory, no audible alarm, no gauge mode, lacks date but has time,lacks pc interface, no pc settings upload, no temperature, nitrox capable unlike the regular XR1. No turn around alarm.

XR2 comes with bigger display of numbers, 24 logged dives and all the rest that I have just listed before you.

I asked my brother if the things that the XR1 NX lacks will be a problem and he said that he is good without the fancier stuff.

If they are asking for a 3 gauge with computer what would those gauges comprise of?

What would the two gauge comprise of?

Again, these were not listed.

If we both go with the cheaper one, I am positive he would be responsible enough to watch the numbers on his dive computer and probably for the other features that it lacks we can pull the information like temperature, audible alarm for deco stop, turnaround time alarm, etc from my dive computer.

Do you think the the XR1 NX suffice or should we save for the XR2? Thanks in advance.

ScubaToys Larry
12-12-2008, 10:01
Obviously, I'd appreciate the chance to set you up with your computer - and as a forum member - we can give you a discount... just call in your order...

And when you look at the xr 1

Aeris XR 1 NX Nitrox Console reviews and discounts, Aeris (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AerisXR-1NXNitroxConsole)

and the xr2

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=AerisXR22 (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AerisXR-1NXNitroxConsole)

You will see the difference is the 2 has backlight, download capabilities and audible alarms. Aside from that - same algorithm and functions.

And when talking about consoles, they mean pressure gauge, depth (computer) and the 3rd is the compass.

Give a shout if we can help!

12-14-2008, 01:20
I swear I have looked at the manufacturer's website and read so many reviews on leisurepro and where ever some information may be about the Aeries XR-1 nx and the Aeries Xr-2 and I just can't decide between either one. Please keep it between only this brand and these two models because Aeries is the about the only thing he carries. This is for my brother's layaway scuba total package.

XR1 NX looks like it may have smaller numbers, no back light, 12 logged dives memory, no audible alarm, no gauge mode, lacks date but has time,lacks pc interface, no pc settings upload, no temperature, nitrox capable unlike the regular XR1. No turn around alarm.

XR2 comes with bigger display of numbers, 24 logged dives and all the rest that I have just listed before you.

I asked my brother if the things that the XR1 NX lacks will be a problem and he said that he is good without the fancier stuff.

If they are asking for a 3 gauge with computer what would those gauges comprise of?

What would the two gauge comprise of?

Again, these were not listed.

If we both go with the cheaper one, I am positive he would be responsible enough to watch the numbers on his dive computer and probably for the other features that it lacks we can pull the information like temperature, audible alarm for deco stop, turnaround time alarm, etc from my dive computer.

Do you think the the XR1 NX suffice or should we save for the XR2? Thanks in advance.

I dive with an XR2. The wife and kids used the dive shops XR1 Nitrox on a recent trip. Both are great computers. The ability to download the computer to my laptop or home PC and view the profiles of the dive, keep a permanent record on the PC and print it for a log make the XR2 the choice for me. I would buy my family XR2 computers in a minute if they dove more.

Cheddarchick
12-14-2008, 06:12
Yup...Joe sold me our XR2's and I really love them...

Aquatrax
12-14-2008, 08:32
I prefer the Audible alarms and download capability but they are not neccesary. I never use the backlighting other than on night dives.

He will be happy either.

dannybot
12-14-2008, 09:33
If you do night dives, you will probably appreciate the backlight, it makes reading it much easier. The audible alarms are also helpful if you push the limits of ascent rate or bottom time without having to watch the computer. Chances are if you are getting into some sort of violation, you are not watching you computer. I also prefer my computer on my wrist rather than on the console, but this is mostly a personal preference.