PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to the DDCN dive?

Dark Wolf
12-15-2008, 19:17
I am posting this thread to help keep track of how many people are planning on being there. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

DW

CWSWine
12-15-2008, 19:19
I probably be there, but it is a couple of months away.

plot
12-18-2008, 21:21
i cant plan that far out but i've got it marked down so i can avoid any other engagements if at all possible.

navyhmc
12-19-2008, 04:54
Still working on shift trades, but I'm hoping!!!!

dmdoss
12-20-2008, 22:14
I im trying to get 2 others to go with me.

dallasdivergirl
12-21-2008, 06:34
Too cold for my warm water blood, maybe a few months later unless you guys have some sort of heating system that you are not telling me about.

navyhmc
12-21-2008, 07:31
Water Temps "Should" be around 50f no matter what dallasdivegirl. c'mon up! :)

plot
12-21-2008, 11:05
Too cold for my warm water blood, maybe a few months later unless you guys have some sort of heating system that you are not telling me about.

a drysuit and a propane heater

Shala
12-21-2008, 17:41
If its over 20 degrees Ill come out with Steve. Otherwise, I wouldnt last 5 min without looking like Han Solo frozen in Carbonite-lol:smiley36:

DivingCRNA
12-21-2008, 19:38
If its over 20 degrees Ill come out with Steve. Otherwise, I wouldnt last 5 min without looking like Han Solo frozen in Carbonite-lol:smiley36:

Excellent! Gotto love a great looking woman who dives dry AND whips out the Star Wars reference!!!

skdvr
12-22-2008, 03:59
Wish I could, but I cant.... With both my boys finally coming home from the hospital, I do not think that a weekend trip is in my future for a little while....

I am sure it will be a good time though...

Phil

dmdoss
12-22-2008, 23:39
If he remember's, I talked to DW about the dive the other night. But is it just the 28th?

Dark Wolf
12-23-2008, 05:58
Yep, I remember....................mostly. :D

DW

medicdiver
12-23-2008, 22:05
I have to work on some trading at work but I would love to make it that weekend.

gNats
01-06-2009, 17:25
DW - I'm IN!

jaldrich
01-08-2009, 11:01
If I can get my dry suit cert done this month I'll probably head on over for this. Sounds like good times. I'll be in the shallow end though.

Dark Wolf
01-08-2009, 14:32
DW - I'm IN!

SWEET!!

DW

Dark Wolf
01-08-2009, 14:36
If I can get my dry suit cert done this month I'll probably head on over for this. Sounds like good times. I'll be in the shallow end though.

Sounds good, hope you can make it. There will be several of us staying shallow that day.

DW

navyhmc
01-08-2009, 18:37
So how do I change my vote to "YES!"?

gNats
01-08-2009, 20:17
So how do I change my vote to "YES!"?

You just did!

bottomdweller
01-08-2009, 20:39
I will be there diving wet with my new 7mm farmer john.
I guess oronogo will put the new suit to the test to see if I should spring for a drysuit?

CWSWine
01-08-2009, 20:51
I guess oronogo will put the new suit to the test to see if I should spring for a drysuit?

I dive a 7 mil henderson one piece 7 mil so I also might be in the market for a dry suit after the 28 Feb dive.

Dark Wolf
01-08-2009, 21:17
Yep, you will both have your questions answered on the 28th!!!!

DW

bottomdweller
01-08-2009, 22:15
Good to know I won't be the only one, thinking man that drysuit sure looks warm!!!

gNats
01-09-2009, 07:53
Good to know I won't be the only one, thinking man that drysuit sure looks warm!!!

I've been diving in 20 deg air temps with 37 degree water temps. If DW is accurate, and the water temps are in the upper 40's low 50s, I will feel like I am in the TROPICS!

DivingCRNA
01-09-2009, 09:02

I dive a 7 mil henderson one piece 7 mil so I also might be in the market for a dry suit after the 28 Feb dive.

How tall/fat are you? Mine might be on the market by then.

CWSWine
01-09-2009, 09:13

How tall/fat are you? Mine might be on the market by then.

bottomdweller you can have first shot at it. I'm 6'1 and 240lbs.

bottomdweller
01-09-2009, 09:47
I'm 5'10" 205lbs, Will it fit me?

cowgirldiver
01-09-2009, 10:03
I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone-even if I don't dive (we are trying to work out some kind of a wetsuit combo for me to use) I'll hang out and be shore support. With it only being about 3 hours away from me I can hardly say no!!! If nothing else, it will be a reconnaissance mission for future dives.

CWSWine
01-09-2009, 10:56
I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone-even if I don't dive (we are trying to work out some kind of a wetsuit combo for me to use) I'll hang out and be shore support. With it only being about 3 hours away from me I can hardly say no!!! If nothing else, it will be a reconnaissance mission for future dives.

You can rent one from John at Oronogo if you can't find one. You might want to give him a call and make sure of the size. Here is his website

Captain Johns | Oronogo, MO (http://www.oronogo.com/)

It's $12.00 to rent and that almost worth not having to deal with cleaning and drying the suit.

gNats
01-09-2009, 12:07

Hey CowGirl: I really hope you can dive. But, if you decide to be shore-support, I believe a friend of DWs will also be topside. She does not dive as of yet.

TTYL

CWSWine
01-09-2009, 12:29

Hey CowGirl: I really hope you can dive. But, if you decide to be shore-support, I believe a friend of DWs will also be topside. She does not dive as of yet.

TTYL

My wife will be there and she doesn’t dive and will be topside also. Now you girls be nice to her and don’t corrupt her, she is an innocent Kansas Farm Girl and I want her to stay that way.:smiley36:

Also if she ask you to go shopping I will warn you she will shop for hours. If you go with her be sure to get her cell phone number because she could be anywhere in the malls. She looses all sense of time and direction when while shopping. You have been *Warned*.

plot
01-09-2009, 13:27
you punks need to bring some single hot young chicks for me... this wife stuff doesn't help me out. :zx11pissed:

gNats
01-09-2009, 13:57
you punks need to bring some single hot young chicks for me... this wife stuff doesn't help me out. :zx11pissed:

And I was thinking they needed to have some single hot sexy dudes join us... you young guys will get me thrown in jail!

bottomdweller
01-11-2009, 19:00
I told my Brother-In-Law I was going to Oronogo the 28th to meet & dive with you all. After that he said he was going to buy the rest of the gear he needs for Oronogo & come with me.
That wuss wouldn't go to Table Rock Lake with me last weekend because it was to cold & he did ot want to rent gear.
Now I know all I have to do is tell him I am going diving without him & he will man up.
It would kill him for me to have more dives in my log book than him.
We have been diving together since we got our C-Card & he so can't let me get ahead of him in number of dives I have under my belt, he had to man up!
For all the ladies I am not sure If he is what you would all HOT!!! (not bad but a bit skinny) he is young & single though.

Dark Wolf
01-11-2009, 19:09
Be looking forward to meeting you, bottomdweller!

DW

bottomdweller
01-11-2009, 19:25
Thanks DW I am looking forward to meeting all of you also.
I need more dive buddies.
It still blows me away I have never dived Oronogo.
I grew up in the area (Galena KS) And had a buddy That was Certified at Capt Johns back in about 91, we went to Mexico 4 times & I always did the resort course so I could dive with him.
Never knew there was such good diving right where I lived until about a year ago.

cowgirldiver
01-11-2009, 19:38
I think your BIL just heard how much fun it was going to be...maybe he is coming to keep you out of trouble!!!!

bottomdweller
01-11-2009, 20:01
I think your BIL just heard how much fun it was going to be...maybe he is coming to keep you out of trouble!!!!

A Little of Both!!!:smilie39:

navyhmc
01-11-2009, 20:19
So, what is the count up to so far?
As far as I know, we have:

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD+2
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
CWSWine
Cowgirldiver
Dan W. from Wichita (?)

Anyone else?

CWSWine
01-11-2009, 20:42
You know my wife will be there, she won't be diving.

plot
01-11-2009, 20:43
possibly me. its a big huge almost definitly possible at this point.

fire diver
01-11-2009, 20:47
dang thats quite the get-together!

plot
01-11-2009, 21:17
you might as well head up here fire_diver.

bottomdweller
01-11-2009, 21:23

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD+2
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
CWSWine
Cowgirldiver
Dan W. from Wichita (?)

Anyone else?

William, My Brother-In-Law will be with me.

bottomdweller
01-11-2009, 21:44
14 so far???

navyhmc
01-12-2009, 07:29
you might as well head up here fire_diver.

Unfortuantely, fire diver is about 11,000 miles East right now.

But note this thread in the midwest forum: http://forum.scubatoys.com/midwest/20477-group-dive-april-may.html#post261819

gNats
01-12-2009, 07:46

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD+2
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
CWSWine
Cowgirldiver
Dan W. from Wichita (?)

Anyone else?

William, My Brother-In-Law will be with me.

In an early thread, I thought DMDoss posted he may bring others with him. Haven't seen him posting in a while - is he still a confirmed diver?

CWSWine
01-12-2009, 08:28
Brandon isn't on the list also.

gNats
01-12-2009, 09:04
Updating Navy's list. I scanned the other Feb 28 thread and found a few others. Since DW is doing t-shirts and we have talk of food being cooked, please add or change your status appropriately. Especially if you are a duplicate.

Looks like an incredible list!

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD+2
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
William (Bottom Dweller's BIL)
dmdoss
CWSWine (non-diving wife)
Cowgirldiver
Dan W. from Wichita (?)
Wheelman (Is this Dan W above?)
Big Budd
Jaldrich (tentative)
Shala (if weather is over 20 deg)
Cummings66 (indicated interest)
Brandon
Plot (I think still tentative)

Anyone else?

navyhmc
01-12-2009, 09:09
DW, is LDW coming?

Dark Wolf
01-12-2009, 11:00
Yes, she is!

DW

navyhmc
01-12-2009, 12:29
cool! How about Little Wolf?

I forgot to ask, doe LDW dive too?

cowgirldiver
01-12-2009, 13:02
navyhmc, find out all about LDW on the welcome to the forum-she just joined this week.

gNats
01-12-2009, 13:04
Revised List. I scanned the other Feb 28 thread and found a few others. Since DW is doing t-shirts and we have talk of food being cooked, please add or change your status appropriately. Especially if you are a duplicate.

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD+2
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
Cowgirldiver
Dan W. from Wichita (?)
Wheelman (Is this Dan W above?)
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Jaldrich (tentative)

Anyone else?

Dark Wolf
01-12-2009, 13:09
Little Wolf is not sure if she will attend or not. She likely will not know until the last minute and sees what the weather is like.

DW

plot
01-12-2009, 16:22
i can't garuntee anything over like, 5 days out, but i plan on being there ;)

KennyD
01-12-2009, 16:29
Revised List. I scanned the other Feb 28 thread and found a few others. Since DW is doing t-shirts and we have talk of food being cooked, please add or change your status appropriately. Especially if you are a duplicate.

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD+2 This would be My Wife and Dan Wegner. 3 Total for me.
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
Cowgirldiver
Dan W. from Wichita (?) My Mentor/Instructor/Buddy.
Wheelman (Is this Dan W above?) No
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Jaldrich (tentative)

Anyone else?

Dan Wegner is my Insturctor/Mentor/Dive Buddy. Not to get confused with Wheelman or anybody else. Don't forget about Braden Beller AKA "Gills McFeelie". I highly doubt Shala will show up unless her boyfriend Steve V. is there to carry her tanks up and down the hill.....:smiliez.de_2125:

gNats
01-12-2009, 16:36
Revised List.

I scanned the other Feb 28 thread and found a few others. Since DW is doing t-shirts and we have talk of food being cooked, please add or change your status appropriately. Especially if you are a duplicate.

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
Mrs. Kenny D aka Bubbles?
Dan Wegner
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Branden Beller AKA "Gills McFeelie".

Jaldrich (tentative)
Shala (if weather is over 20 deg AND bf Steve V carries tanks.) :smiley2:

Anyone else?

plot
01-12-2009, 16:37
gNat's can carry shala's tanks. make sure she knows that.

KennyD
01-12-2009, 16:39
Watch out though. Shala has CRABS

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n413/kennydavis2/CRAB.jpg

gNats
01-12-2009, 16:39

hahahahaha - you are confusing me with lady dark wolf! She offered in the chat room to carry tanks.

Me? I'm still practicing my puppy eyes and kissy face in the mirror to get my gear carried :smiley2:

Dark Wolf
01-12-2009, 17:25
Thanks to you all for helping to put this together!

By the way, Clay Walker will be there as well.

DW

navyhmc
01-12-2009, 18:32
RE-Revised List.

I scanned the other Feb 28 thread and found a few others. Since DW is doing t-shirts and we have talk of food being cooked, please add or change your status appropriately. Especially if you are a duplicate.

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
Dan Wegner
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Clay Walker (no, not "That" Clay Walker)

Jaldrich (tentative)

Anyone else?

So we're up to a possible 20 divers and 2-3 shore support. Outstanding!!!! :smiley20::smiley32:

bottomdweller
01-12-2009, 18:39
Just let me know what William & I need to bring?
Other than our dive gear of course, I know I had to add that or I would probably get hammered on this board

plot
01-12-2009, 18:45
hot young single chicks and alchohol.

and possibly food. we really need to organize the after party here.

CWSWine
01-12-2009, 18:51
hot young single chicks and alchohol.

Are you talking about hot wings and beer or I'm getting old.:smilie39:

cowgirldiver
01-12-2009, 19:25
I'm waiting to see what kind of after party there is to decide if I'm driving back or looking for a room in Joplin...

KennyD
01-12-2009, 19:33
I'm waiting to see what kind of after party there is to decide if I'm driving back or looking for a room in Joplin...

MooGirl....Call 417-623-0000 It's the Baymount Inn (In Joplin) Ask for "GARY" Bend your wrist when asking and give a big "Hey....." and snap your fingers.:smilie39: Tell him Ken Davis with Adventure Sports told you to call and ask for him to give you our discounted rate. He will hook you up. It's a nice hotel and cost for two people/double room is about $62.00 or $31 each. They have small indoor pool and hot tub.
We stay there about every other weekend in the summer.

plot
01-12-2009, 19:58
whats BIL mean?

gNats
01-12-2009, 20:34
whats BIL mean?

Brother in Law

navyhmc
01-12-2009, 22:38

MooGirl....Call 417-623-0000 It's the Baymount Inn (In Joplin) Ask for "GARY" Bend your wrist when asking and give a big "Hey....." and snap your fingers.:smilie39: Tell him Ken Davis with Adventure Sports told you to call and ask for him to give you our discounted rate. He will hook you up. It's a nice hotel and cost for two people/double room is about $62.00 or $31 each. They have small indoor pool and hot tub.

So you're hinting that the Baymont is the official hotel for the DDCN winter bash?

DivingCRNA
01-13-2009, 08:19

So you're hinting that the Baymont is the official hotel for the DDCN winter bash?

It is one of the nicer ones in town. The Drury is across the street and gives 2 free drinks every night.

lund0485
01-13-2009, 08:25
sorry cant go, but looks like fun

Dark Wolf
01-13-2009, 09:35
Oh, it is gonna be fun alright!!! To bad you can't make it!!!

DW

Brandon Belew
01-13-2009, 10:01
Maybe just maybe i'll be able to buy a bit more gear before this shindig.

DivingCRNA
01-13-2009, 12:20
Will John let us have beers out there?

It will be fun, that is for sure!

Dark Wolf
01-13-2009, 12:23
I am not sure if alcohol is allowed, but I somehow doubt it.

DW

LadyDarkWolf
01-13-2009, 12:29
and don't forget LadyDarkWolf I am going to be there too

cowgirldiver
01-13-2009, 12:30
I feel as if my choice is between the hot tub or 2 free drinks....
I'll probably wait till it gets closer to make a reservation-course it could be like the last time I went to Tenkiller-who would ever expect that all the hotels in and around Gore, OK would be full...only if they have some kind of big shindig you didn't know about going on. I kinda feel that same way about Joplin-can't really imagine that the end of Feb is a big vacation time there.

LadyDarkWolf
01-13-2009, 12:31
No i think you have me mistaken, i got volunteered for the job, if i carry anyones tanks it would be DW.

hahahahaha - you are confusing me with lady dark wolf! She offered in the chat room to carry tanks.

Me? I'm still practicing my puppy eyes and kissy face in the mirror to get my gear carried :smiley2:

Dark Wolf
01-13-2009, 12:50

You are on the updated list!!

DW

Dark Wolf
01-13-2009, 12:51
Awww, thanks! :smiley31:

DW

No i think you have me mistaken, i got volunteered for the job, if i carry anyones tanks it would be DW.

navyhmc
01-13-2009, 16:07

We have you down. :smiley20:

KennyD
01-13-2009, 16:19
Watch out Shala has CRABS!

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n413/kennydavis2/CRAB.jpg

clayhwalker
01-13-2009, 16:44
Looks like there is going to be quite the turnout for this little shindig. Cant wait to see you all there.

Question: Who is doing Tech diving and who is staying pretty shallow. Im not trying to start any crap between real divers and fish spotters :), just trying to figure out what kind of dives will be planned.

bottomdweller
01-13-2009, 18:37
William & I are diving single AL80s air only. We may be able to check out the CC? but no real tech stuff yet!!

KennyD
01-13-2009, 19:46
Clay, I'll be diving my doubles with the new Evolve Wing. (1st. time with it). It's a 360deg. should be No problem. I'll go to the flywheel with ya. And maybe Dan W. Will go with us. He almost done with his Tech Deep Class. I'd like to keep it down to two or three man team to dive the wheel if thats cool with you.

clayhwalker
01-13-2009, 20:42
Sounds good Kenny, i was thinking that 3 would be the absolute most. Should be a good dive. Any thoughts about a second dive.

plot
01-13-2009, 20:52
i can do anything on a single 80.

Dark Wolf
01-14-2009, 06:42
You are truly amazing, plot. Lol.

DW

gNats
01-14-2009, 07:37

DW

Wow, I am so curious to find out what anything really is.

And, then again, experience has taught me, some things are better left unknown.
:smilie40:

Dark Wolf
01-14-2009, 10:21
Lol!! Very good point, Nat!!!

DW

gNats
01-14-2009, 10:25

DW

It's probably a good idea that there is no beer allowed at Oronogo. We have Plot doing odd things with an AL80, I am on record hoping to go topless (no hoody), Shala has crabs...

Yeah, this party has the makings of getting OUTTA HAND! :smilie40:

Although - CowGirl is probably going to have access to a hot tub......

:smiley2:

Brandon Belew
01-14-2009, 10:39

DW

Plot and Rox must be related :)

Of course Rox can do a 160ft dive and penetrate 400ft with nothing more then a 2cf spare air and swim goggles.

Dark Wolf
01-14-2009, 10:51

DW

It's probably a good idea that there is no beer allowed at Oronogo. We have Plot doing odd things with an AL80, I am on record hoping to go topless (no hoody), Shala has crabs...

Yeah, this party has the makings of getting OUTTA HAND! :smilie40:

Although - CowGirl is probably going to have access to a hot tub......

:smiley2:

Let's see......Plot and his tank, topless, crabs, hot tub, and Kenny will be there! Quick!! Get rid of the doorknobs!!!!!!

All I can say is HOLY LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smilie40::smilie39:

DW

Dark Wolf
01-14-2009, 10:53

DW

Of course Rox can do a 160ft dive and penetrate 400ft with nothing more then a 2cf spare air and swim goggles.

Hmmmm. Are plot and rox actually the SAME person?!?!

DW

Dark Wolf
01-14-2009, 11:00
Just received word that Charlie19 is also planning to attend.

DW

gNats
01-14-2009, 11:08
RE-RE-Revised List.

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
Dan Wegner
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Charlie19

Jaldrich (tentative)

Anyone else?

cowgirldiver
01-14-2009, 12:34
wow!! 24 people so far and we still have more than a month to go!! Are there facilities for cooking/a campfire at Oronogo or some place nearby?? If so, besides the fact that if there is a campfire I'll be standing quite close to it, I was think some s'mores would be tasty....
Also, how many people are thinking of staying afterwards (like me) in order to get a fresh start towards home on Sunday morning (remember, there is a rumor of a hot tub...)?

gNats
01-14-2009, 13:27
RE-RE-Revised List.

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
Dan Wegner
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Charlie19

Jaldrich (tentative)
LaCroix and Blaze (need major peer pressure on these two :smiley2:)

Anyone else?

DivingCRNA
01-14-2009, 15:15
RE-RE-Revised List.

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
Dan Wegner
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Charlie19

Jaldrich (tentative)

Anyone else?

Beka Anderson said she would try to make it if I remind her about it.

gNats
01-14-2009, 15:19
RE-RE-Revised List.

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
Dan Wegner
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Charlie19

Beka Anderson (CRNA must call and remind!)
Jaldrich (tentative)

plot
01-14-2009, 16:19

DW

now i'm gonna have to kick you in the nuts on the 28th.

Dark Wolf
01-14-2009, 18:50
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

We will have the camera's ready!!

DW

KennyD
01-14-2009, 19:39
Sounds good Kenny, i was thinking that 3 would be the absolute most. Should be a good dive. Any thoughts about a second dive.

For the Second dive I'm going to keep it pretty simple. If my wife does dive then I'll prob. take her to the L.D.S. if she is up to it. She will be diving wet so it all depends on how cold she is. Deep dosen't bother her and she has no problem doing deep dives. But not sure how she will feel about the short swim to the sign with overhead.

navyhmc
01-14-2009, 22:11
Speaking of the LDS sign, we have to take Jeff back to it too. If you didn't know better, you wouldn't know about hte overhead until you get to the sign itself.

Splitlip
01-14-2009, 22:20

Sounds great!

Where is this place?
Is there an airport nearby?
Who is Steve?

Oh. wait. Is this a fresh water dive?

(Have fun all!)

navyhmc
01-14-2009, 22:38

Sounds great!

Where is this place?
Who is Steve?

(Have fun all!)

By Joplin, MO

Closest bg airport is KCI, but joplin has a puddle jump airport

You mean you don't know "Steve"?

Yes, this is fresh water...no salt...

:smiley36: :smiley36: :smiley36:

Splitlip
01-14-2009, 22:50

Sounds great!

Where is this place?
Who is Steve?

(Have fun all!)

By Joplin, MO

Ok, I am still confused. Is Joplin near Georgia or something?

Has Steve ever posted here? (is he a big guy?)

Splitlip
01-14-2009, 22:57
Only kidding guys.

Have fun. Sounds cold though.

One day I hope to put my face in fresh water. You would be a fun group to pop my cherry.

(I did do a quarry in Indiana once. (shudder) the water got on my face and there were sticks down there, :))

KennyD
01-15-2009, 13:36
Speaking of the LDS sign, we have to take Jeff back to it too. If you didn't know better, you wouldn't know about hte overhead until you get to the sign itself.

HMC...If you didn't know you were in a overhead right off the start I'd have to say you were Narc'd out of your mind! Are you sure you have been to the "LDS"? It screams Overhead!

navyhmc
01-15-2009, 17:21
No, not narc'd, it's just avery big opening to start...

Brandon Belew
01-15-2009, 17:23

Thats what she said.

plot
01-15-2009, 18:36

Thats what she said.

actually its what he said... she said something completely different

Dark Wolf
01-15-2009, 20:11

Thats what she said.

And for once, I keep my thoughts to myself........:hump9:

Well, for the most part I did.....

DW

gNats
01-15-2009, 20:15

Thats what she said.

And for once, I keep my thoughts to myself........:hump9:

Well, for the most part I did.....

DW

A picture is worth a thousand words

bottomdweller
01-15-2009, 20:44
Man, We are all going to get along really good.
I just have a feeling!!!

plot
01-15-2009, 22:53
and if we don't, theres some chick from michigan to be our scapegoat!

KennyD
01-16-2009, 06:56
Reason #1 why you should wear a Hood. You will be Narc'd out of your mind and can't figure out how to use your camera...BRADEN...
http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n413/kennydavis2/oronogoopenwaterpic-video008.jpg

KennyD
01-16-2009, 06:58
And only can get the "Model" light to work...He said he was hearing drums... Pictures by "Gill's McFeelie" http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n413/kennydavis2/oronogoopenwaterpic-video013.jpg?t=1232111091

gNats
01-16-2009, 08:12
and if we don't, theres some chick from michigan to be our scapegoat!

:smilie39:

gNats
01-16-2009, 08:13
Kenny, how deep is the flag?

DivingCRNA
01-16-2009, 09:59

The LDS is about 85 feet, depending on the water level in the mine.

Maybe Gills would not hear drums if he would wear a HOOD! :smilie39::smilie39:

Dark Wolf
01-16-2009, 11:47
Hearing drums at the SIGN?! Hmmmmm.

DW

gNats
01-16-2009, 15:26
RE-RE-Revised List.

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
Dan Wegner
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Charlie19
Flatliner (from other thread)
Household-6 (from Flatliner's posting)
LaCroix and Blaze (looks like we are beating out paintball! :smiley2:)

Jaldrich (tentative)

KennyD
01-16-2009, 16:35

Nat, Like Don said. Aprox 85' depending on the water level. It's a cave dive because of depth and not being able to see the light zone. But most people treat it like a Cavern dive.
Don is great at navigating through the doors. If you talk sweet to him I'm sure he would consider giving you a Safe little tour. You are diving in a Drysuit correct?

gNats
01-16-2009, 16:44

Nat, Like Don said. Aprox 85' depending on the water level. It's a cave dive because of depth and not being able to see the light zone. But most people treat it like a Cavern dive.
Don is great at navigating through the doors. If you talk sweet to him I'm sure he would consider giving you a Safe little tour. You are diving in a Drysuit correct?

85 feet doesn't seem tooooo bad. Talk sweet eh? Does that include kissy faces too? I am in a drysuit. If conditions are good for a safe tour, I may be up for it.

Play that one by ear.

DivingCRNA
01-16-2009, 18:48

85 feet doesn't seem tooooo bad. Talk sweet eh? Does that include kissy faces too? I am in a drysuit. If conditions are good for a safe tour, I may be up for it.

Play that one by ear.

We might need to make sure we watch the same kind of movies... :smilie39::smilie39::smiley36::smiley36:

gNats
01-16-2009, 21:07

Play that one by ear.

We might need to make sure we watch the same kind of movies... :smilie39::smilie39::smiley36::smiley36:

Now, what makes you think we DON'T watch the same kind of movies? :smiley2:

DivingCRNA
01-17-2009, 10:46

Play that one by ear.

:eek2::thumb:

gNats
01-17-2009, 11:52

Play that one by ear.

:eek2::thumb:

Someone call Don a MEDIC! :smiley2: I do believe he is speechless!

Dark Wolf
01-17-2009, 15:00
LMAO!!!!! THAT don't happen often!!!!!:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Of course, we believe in Jesus, and that helps.......

DW

plot
01-17-2009, 16:40
:smiley_confused: :smiley_confused:

DivingCRNA
01-17-2009, 18:12
I might have to bring a dvd player out there for confirmation!

Dark Wolf
01-17-2009, 20:36
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

DW

moregooder
01-18-2009, 11:04
I am not a fan of the junk yard, but I might come just to meet some new people.

Dark Wolf
01-18-2009, 16:13
Hope that you can make it out. Will be good to meet you.

We have some new info that will be coming soon in a new thread. We are very excited about this and hope that everyone else will be, too!!

DW

Shala
01-19-2009, 20:08

Sounds great!

Where is this place?
Who is Steve?

(Have fun all!)

By Joplin, MO

Ok, I am still confused. Is Joplin near Georgia or something?

Has Steve ever posted here? (is he a big guy?)

Uhm, YES, Steve's big. :smiley2: LOL

gNats
01-20-2009, 10:57
Revised List.

Please add your screen name if you are attending.. We need a headcount for t-shirts and food.

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
Dan Wegner
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
CWSWine
Mrs. CWSWine
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Charlie19

Jaldrich (tentative)

Wkndbum
01-21-2009, 19:14
Sounds like too much fun to miss out on. I added my name @ the bottom.

Revised List.

Please add your screen name if you are attending.. We need a headcount for t-shirts and food.

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
Dan Wegner
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
CWSWine
Mrs. CWSWine
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Charlie19

Jaldrich (tentative)
Wkndbum

navyhmc
01-21-2009, 21:18
Man, this is turning into the dive of the early season!

I can't help but wonder how good 7-4-09 will be!

I'm excited!!!!

plot
01-21-2009, 21:20

I'm excited!!!!

it'll be the same but warmer and with explosives. :D

navyhmc
01-22-2009, 00:35

I'm excited!!!!

it'll be the same but warmer and with explosives. :D

We can only hope!!!!:smiley20:

navyhmc
01-25-2009, 18:19
Revised List as of 1-25-09

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
Dan Wegner
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
CWSWine
Mrs. CWSWine
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Charlie19
Wkndbum
DrRobb

Jaldrich (tentative)

KennyD
01-25-2009, 20:07
Wow, That's a big list. Ok, I'm bringing my reel and going to go explore inside the doors. With this many people the Viz. is going to go to Poopy I'm thinking. Anybody want to come along???? Def. doing the flywheel with Clay...& ??

clayhwalker
01-25-2009, 20:52
Sorry Kenny but my work schedule changed and I will be in Texas on the 28th so I wont be able to attend.

navyhmc
01-25-2009, 21:02
That sucks Clay, I was looking forward to diving with you again!

DivingCRNA
01-26-2009, 13:37
Sorry Kenny but my work schedule changed and I will be in Texas on the 28th so I wont be able to attend.

Awwww..... Clay, you big poopy pants! I hoped John would let you launch your boat!

DivingCRNA
01-26-2009, 13:38
Wow, That's a big list. Ok, I'm bringing my reel and going to go explore inside the doors. With this many people the Viz. is going to go to Poopy I'm thinking. Anybody want to come along???? Def. doing the flywheel with Clay...& ??

If I can get out and sort out new gear before the 28th O might be up for the flywheel. We'll play it by ear.

plot
01-26-2009, 16:52
it'd be a PITA in back it down that hill...

KennyD
01-26-2009, 18:40

No worries Clay! I may just take my reels with me and do some playing in the doors. Dan may come down with me and if that is the case then we will do the Flywheel. Either way it's going to be a very fun day and I'm looking forward to meeting everybody!:smiley20:

medicdiver
01-26-2009, 20:42
I may go with you in the door's but it will depend on how I feel with my drysuit.

KennyD
01-26-2009, 21:35
I may go with you in the door's but it will depend on how I feel with my drysuit.

:smiley20: Thats why I put a LITTLE extra air in your tanks for you Jeff..:smilie39:

plot
01-26-2009, 21:37
hey, has anyone posted this in the midwest forum? seems like we could get even more people.

KennyD
01-27-2009, 19:59
Dan Wegner is Not going to be able to make it. He has to work at the fire station that weekend.
I'm going to have to bribe "Gills McFeelie" to dive the Flywheel with me or the doors... Tear...Tear....Sniff...Sniff...
3days till Bonaire Fockers.....LOL....

DivingCRNA
01-27-2009, 21:45
Dan Wegner is Not going to be able to make it. He has to work at the fire station that weekend.
I'm going to have to bribe "Gills McFeelie" to dive the Flywheel with me or the doors... Tear...Tear....Sniff...Sniff...
3days till Bonaire Fockers.....LOL....

Bring him a hood or the drumbeats will keep him from remembering his name!

KennyD
01-28-2009, 06:47
BONAIRE=2 days...

navyhmc
01-28-2009, 17:05
Kenny, I had no idea how sadistic you cold be.... :D

Have fun!

KennyD
01-28-2009, 22:40
Kenny, I had no idea how sadistic you cold be.... :D

Have fun!

Roatan= 4 months :smilie39::smilie39: and Key Largo somewhere in between there...I'm the DEVIL...:105-02_ani:

Brandon Belew
01-29-2009, 00:16
A little over 100 days till my week in Hawaii :D with the wife of course.

Devoting my entire tax return to the journey.. if it wasn't for that i'd have some new gear in route.

DivingCRNA
01-29-2009, 16:29
A little over 100 days till my week in Hawaii :D with the wife of course.

Devoting my entire tax return to the journey.. if it wasn't for that i'd have some new gear in route.

Oh Whaaaaaa!!!! :smiley19::smiley19::CandyCrier:

01-29-2009, 16:38
Well everyone be staying in a hotel?

Little Wolf
01-29-2009, 16:58
LMAO!!!! I have a bunch of new gear coming!!! :D

Joshua, I will be driving home that evening. But I think that there are several members that will be getting rooms.

DW

Ummmmmmmm, sorry! Didn't realize I was signed in under my daughters screen name!!!!!!!!!! :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

navyhmc
01-29-2009, 19:19
Scared me for a minute DW! LW? :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Dark Wolf
01-29-2009, 20:31
:hippie::smiley36::bonk:
:smilie39::smilie39:

navyhmc
01-29-2009, 21:27

That's what I thought! :D :smilie40: :smilie39:

KennyD
01-30-2009, 08:31

Should change you name from Dark Wolf to "Cheech":smilie39:

Dark Wolf
01-30-2009, 09:30
Or Chong..........:D

DW

navyhmc
01-30-2009, 11:27
I'd have to say DW closer to Tommy...:smilie39:

Dark Wolf
01-31-2009, 09:46
Updated 1-31-09

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
CWSWine
Mrs. CWSWine
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Charlie19
Wkndbum
DrRobb
joshuajw1

Jaldrich (tentative)
Cummings66 (indicated interest)[/quote]

medicdiver
01-31-2009, 12:33
Man that list looks good. How many of us are spending the night? I know I'll be with NavyHMC in Joplin.

Dark Wolf
01-31-2009, 12:44
Not real sure, medic diver. But I am sure there will be several. I will be driving home that evening.

DW

gNats
02-01-2009, 11:12
Woo HOOOOO! Okay - back from Bonaire and catching up on the lists and threads. I CAN'T BELIEVE this turnout!

Welcome Joshua - it looks like your questions have been answered, right?

KennyD and Missus are going to have a great time in Bonaire this week! The diving truly exceeded my expectations.

And, I made it to 92 feet following the slope of the dropoff to an overturned lifeboat. I felt completely in control and very stable.

I'm also pretty pleased that I was pushing 55 minute dives and popping to the surface with over a 1000 psi in my tanks, with average depths beyond 40ft. I guess it safe to say I'm not an air hog!

I'll be high and dry until the 28th. Can't wait to dive again cold and dry! There is something to be said about not putting on wet wetsuit day after day. I don't think that suit fully dried once. I guess I put it to good use. Although - going topless was truly a liberating experience one doesn't get to do often in 34 degree temps.

PS - get yer head out of the gutter, I meant I didn't wear 10 mls of neoprene on my head. :smiley29:

I'll have a DVD of the trip by the 28th for anyone interested in seeing my highly unprofessional uw phots and somewhat appealing topside photos of the diving and island.

plot
02-01-2009, 12:44
welcome back gNats!

you can go topless at oronogo.

Dark Wolf
02-01-2009, 13:12
Woo HOOOOO! Okay - back from Bonaire and catching up on the lists and threads. I CAN'T BELIEVE this turnout!

Welcome Joshua - it looks like your questions have been answered, right?

KennyD and Missus are going to have a great time in Bonaire this week! The diving truly exceeded my expectations.

And, I made it to 92 feet following the slope of the dropoff to an overturned lifeboat. I felt completely in control and very stable.

I'm also pretty pleased that I was pushing 55 minute dives and popping to the surface with over a 1000 psi in my tanks, with average depths beyond 40ft. I guess it safe to say I'm not an air hog!

I'll be high and dry until the 28th. Can't wait to dive again cold and dry! There is something to be said about not putting on wet wetsuit day after day. I don't think that suit fully dried once. I guess I put it to good use. Although - going topless was truly a liberating experience one doesn't get to do often in 34 degree temps.

PS - get yer head out of the gutter, I meant I didn't wear 10 mls of neoprene on my head. :smiley29:

I'll have a DVD of the trip by the 28th for anyone interested in seeing my highly unprofessional uw phots and somewhat appealing topside photos of the diving and island.

Nat,

Welcome home! Glad that you had a good trip, and great diving!! Sounds like you had some really good dives. And 90'?! Cool! You will be ready for your trip down here! :D

And TOPLESS to boot?! I must say that I am excited to see your pics. :)

Anyway, glad you are back online and had a great trip!!

DW

Frogman
02-03-2009, 04:52
Yes nat I'm probibly going to stay also! Welcome back.

Frogman
02-03-2009, 05:30
Dark Wolf It looks like it going to rain on monday:smiley13:
40 percent chance 50 degrees
Do you still want to go?

Dark Wolf
02-03-2009, 06:08
YEP!! :smiley20:

DW

Frogman
02-03-2009, 06:57
oooo Kay!!!:smiley29::fulle:

gNats
02-03-2009, 08:01
welcome back gNats!

you can go topless at oronogo.

Maybe in July when the surface temps exceed 50 degrees. :smiley20:

But, for Feb... yeah, I think I will be covered head to toe.

gNats
02-03-2009, 08:10
Dark Wolf It looks like it going to rain on monday:smiley13:
40 percent chance 50 degrees
Do you still want to go?

Hhahahahaha Frogman, oh, that made me giggle. I'm wiping the tears from my eyes it was so funny.

Asking DW if a little probable rain will keep him from diving. heeheeeheeee...

and 50 degree temps? - that's sunbathing weather for that DDCN diver. He'll be walking around in a t-shirt and shorts.

Pull on yer big girl panties - you're diving with hard core diver Monday. :smiley2:

dang - wish I could go. :smiley13:

Frogman
02-03-2009, 08:30
Oh yes, either rain or shine.

beperkins
02-10-2009, 08:13
Updated 1-31-09

DW
DivingCRNA
KennyD
gNats
Medic Diver
Navy HMC
Bottom Dweller
dmdoss
CWSWine
Mrs. CWSWine
Cowgirldiver
Wheelman
Big Budd
Brandon Belew
Lady Dark Wolf
Plot - a pretty sure
Charlie19
Wkndbum
DrRobb
joshuajw1

Jaldrich (tentative)

DW, I was planning on attending and bringing my non-diving wife and one diving guest if that sounds good to you?

I dove with DW and Malibu Tinman last 4th of July weekend and met Kenny, but have not met any of the other DDCN gang, this looks like it will be quite the get together.

Dark Wolf
02-10-2009, 11:02
Sure, that sounds great! Look forward to seeing you there!!

DW