PDA

View Full Version : Replaced 25" LP Inflator Hose with 22". Problem?

snoballz
12-16-2008, 22:34
I just replaced the OEM 25" inflator hose from my Apex WTX harness to a 22" Miflex hose. All things being equal, have anyone noticed any problems with a shorter inflator hose such as bending of the corrugated hose?

TIA.
:smiley16:

mitsuguy
12-17-2008, 05:49
only way to tell is to try the rig on and see what happens.... I got a shorter corrugated hose on mine at the same time, so it worked out pretty well with the shorter miflex hose... best thing about the miflex hose is that it has a tighter bend radius, so it snakes around things easier, which means you can typically get away with a slightly shorter hose...

you'll just have to get wet and find out...

ScubaToys Larry
12-17-2008, 06:23
The other thing to check is if you are using a pull dump, make sure there is enough length so the inflator house doesn't stop the inflator from being pulled far enough to engage the dump.

IndyDiver
12-17-2008, 06:51
The other thing to check is if you are using a pull dump, make sure there is enough length so the inflator house doesn't stop the inflator from being pulled far enough to engage the dump.

That's the problem I had when I put a shorter hose on my wife's BC.

snoballz
12-17-2008, 22:19
Totally didn't consider the pull dump... but then again, I don't have one... luckily.

I guess if it's too short I can put it up for sale. I'll have my first dive with this on Sunday.

:smiley16: