PDA

View Full Version : The magical disappearing post

dwatts
12-19-2008, 15:44
I just posted a reply in this thread:
http://forum.scubatoys.com/surface-interval/19933-manly-pets.html
but it did not show up. So I tried again...same result.

So then I closed my browser and re-opened it to the thread. I tried posting my reply once again and I got an error stating that it was a duplicate posting.

'Sup with that?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This post worked....hmmmm...

ScubaToys Larry
12-19-2008, 16:19
There is a reason for that... Since you are new here (less than 10 posts) everything you post gets looked at by a spam filter. Some of the words in the post triggered the filter - like tattoo...

So if someone who has not posted much has a certain mix of words - the post gets put on the side, where we (admins or moderators) have to go in an manually look at it and approve it or disprove it. Yours got approved - so then it popped up - actually twice - so I deleted the second one.

This is to stop the spammers from coming in and posting the buy this drug, go to this site... etc.

Long story... but hopefully that all makes sense to you.

dwatts
12-19-2008, 18:21
There is a reason for that... Since you are new here (less than 10 posts) everything you post gets looked at by a spam filter. Some of the words in the post triggered the filter - like tattoo...

So if someone who has not posted much has a certain mix of words - the post gets put on the side, where we (admins or moderators) have to go in an manually look at it and approve it or disprove it. Yours got approved - so then it popped up - actually twice - so I deleted the second one.

This is to stop the spammers from coming in and posting the buy this drug, go to this site... etc.

Long story... but hopefully that all makes sense to you.

That makes perfect sense. I guess I need to post more often.
Thanks.

kong
12-26-2008, 23:43
Crazy spammers. They offer a pill to fix e/d and I mention how that would work well when I am with their mom and both of our posts get deleted. Does anyone remember the good old days of the internet where there was no spam, no one had a password, and you had to dial into your local university to log on?

No Misses
12-27-2008, 10:18
You young punks! :-P
I remember when there were no computers. We had Ma' Bell, Snail Mail ,and the all important "Face to Face" conversation.

robjoubert
12-27-2008, 12:19
I remember when there were no computers. We had Ma' Bell, Snail Mail ,and the all important "Face to Face" conversation.

Do you also remember when you knew what your milkman actually looked like? And could / would greet him when you walked past him in town? :smiley36:

ScubaToys Larry
12-27-2008, 12:26

Do you also remember when you knew what your milkman actually looked like? And could / would greet him when you walked past him in town? :smiley36:

I not only knew him... I knew his horse. :smiley2:

Lulubelle
12-27-2008, 12:40

I not only knew him... I knew his horse. :smiley2:

:smilie39: :smiley32: