PDA

View Full Version : Female Tec Divers

sidneydiver
12-20-2008, 23:19
I've been doing Tec diving for a little while and I'm in the middle of my Trimix class at the moment. I was wondering how many other Tec divers we have on here?

texdiveguy
12-20-2008, 23:21
I am hoping many, but being realistic.

Good luck in your training!

You might check out The Deco Stop as there are several gals involved in differing levels posting there.

:)

dmdoss
12-20-2008, 23:40
This sort of thing should not be allowed! Women venturing into the mans world.

sidneydiver
12-20-2008, 23:48
Yeah yeah right!!! Actually I felt a bit like that last weekend wearing equipment that weighs more than I do! I'm the only girl in my Trimix class and I had a brief thought that maybe I shouldn't be there but it didn't last very long!

dallasdivergirl
12-21-2008, 06:25
Yeah yeah right!!! Actually I felt a bit like that last weekend wearing equipment that weighs more than I do! I'm the only girl in my Trimix class and I had a brief thought that maybe I shouldn't be there but it didn't last very long!

I think it's great that you are doing your tech training. It's on my list but I want to get my DM training complete before I head in that direction. I know there are a few other ladies on here who are working on tech or looking to start in the near future.

Keep us posted on how the classes are going.

And ignore those silly boys. :smiley20:

Bigg_Budd
12-21-2008, 08:55
Female tech divers are sexy...

caroln
12-21-2008, 22:16
I haven't moved into mixed gas diving yet, but I'm a cave diver (and female). I'm planning on moving on to some additional tech training next year. Nice to meet you, and good luck on the training!

LCF
12-24-2008, 23:35
I'm also a female cave diver, and have my NAUI Helitrox cert, and will be doing somebody's Tech 1 this spring. We may be in the minority, but we are not alone.

sidneydiver
01-11-2009, 22:36
I did my 1st Trimix dives today for my class at 40 Fathom Grotto. They went well although the vis there is terrible at the moment! We did 2 dives to 160' and the next time we go is for 200' dives.

Black-Gorrilla
01-11-2009, 23:12
I did my 1st Trimix dives today for my class at 40 Fathom Grotto. They went well although the vis there is terrible at the moment! We did 2 dives to 160' and the next time we go is for 200' dives.

Congrats, i hope you enjoyed it despite the bad vis.
You are doing something that i hope to be doing within 2009.

sidneydiver
01-11-2009, 23:50
I did enjoy it, thanks. I expected the bad vis so at least it wasn't a surprise!

Vercingetorix
01-12-2009, 09:43
This sort of thing should not be allowed! Women venturing into the mans world.Agreed!!!!

First women learned to drive???
Then, they got the vote???
And now we got CEOs, Senators, Governors, and Presidential candidates

NO!!!!!

Now, get back to the kitchen and make me a sammich and bring it to my Man Cave (sans SplitLip's violet frill froo-froo curtains"

//Unbelievable!!! I posted this 12 hours ago and no refutations from the fairer gender. They must agree...

LCF
01-13-2009, 01:26
No, we're too busy cave diving . . .

Black-Gorrilla
01-13-2009, 02:04
//Unbelievable!!! I posted this 12 hours ago and no refutations from the fairer gender. They must agree...

Women ignore us all the time... why should this be different? The only time a woman NEEDS attention is when we wanna watch sports.

RoyN
01-13-2009, 02:30
The women isn't ignoring us...they're up to something. I know they are, they're plotting something big. :smiley23:

mm_dm
01-13-2009, 08:04
Yeah, they're getting trained and certified as technical divers. which is incredibly cool. I have nothing but praise for their hard work.

Sooo.....get your tucas off the couch and make your own friggin sandwhiches fellas, the gals are busy.

lund0485
01-13-2009, 08:24
cave diving is scary

Quero
01-13-2009, 08:35
Even though I have some tech certs, I very rarely do any tech diving. I simply don't see any need for it here where I am. I don't go deep simply for the sake of it, and to be honest, I like marine life, so wreck penetration and caving hold very little interest for me. I do enjoy deep walls and structures of the sort that support abundant marine life, sometimes quite different life than inhabits the shallower strata. Guess I'm just a "girl", huh?

mm_dm
01-13-2009, 09:38
Even though I have some tech certs, I very rarely do any tech diving. I simply don't see any need for it here where I am. I don't go deep simply for the sake of it, and to be honest, I like marine life, so wreck penetration and caving hold very little interest for me. I do enjoy deep walls and structures of the sort that support abundant marine life, sometimes quite different life than inhabits the shallower strata. Guess I'm just a "girl", huh?

Just a girl, maybe, but not a "girly' girl. Not after completing the rigors of becoming a instructor as well as tech certs. Not IMHO, anyway.

Vercingetorix
01-13-2009, 09:54
Even though I have some tech certs, ...Guess I'm just a "girl", huh?Let's see:

SCUBA Instructor? Check
1000's of dives? Check.
Lotsa experience? Check.
Tech diver? Check.
Exotic dive location? Check.

Quero, I'll bring you a sammich. And a beer.:smiley36:

mm_dm
01-13-2009, 10:13

SCUBA Instructor? Check
1000's of dives? Check.
Lotsa experience? Check.
Tech diver? Check.

Good man, Rick:smiley20:

Quero
01-13-2009, 17:47

SCUBA Instructor? Check
1000's of dives? Check.
Lotsa experience? Check.
Tech diver? Check.

Why, thanks! I'll take you up on that (especially the beer, but make it a girly beer--none of that Guiness-type stuff, please)! :smiley31: Just let me know when you'll be coming over....

Vercingetorix
01-13-2009, 17:55
Why, thanks! I'll take you up on that (especially the beer, but make it a girly beer--none of that Guiness-type stuff, please)! :smiley31: Just let me know when you'll be coming over....When I get out that way, I'll take you up on that. Only thing I know about Thailand is Utapao during the Vietnam War; I was in the Air Force and we were doing some...interesting...things there. I wasn't stationed there, but my troops were. Good stories...good times...

Now, about that beer, I do loves me some Guiness, but will go for a Sam Adams. Is that acceptable?

Quero
01-13-2009, 18:16
Why, thanks! I'll take you up on that (especially the beer, but make it a girly beer--none of that Guiness-type stuff, please)! :smiley31: Just let me know when you'll be coming over....When I get out that way, I'll take you up on that. Only thing I know about Thailand is Utapao during the Vietnam War; I was in the Air Force and we were doing some...interesting...things there. I wasn't stationed there, but my troops were. Good stories...good times...

Now, about that beer, I do loves me some Guiness, but will go for a Sam Adams. Is that acceptable?

Sam Adams it is!

As for U Tapao, they still do "interesting" things there, from time to time.... I didn't even know that airport existed until the recent sit-in closed the Bangkok airports in November. Obviously the demonstrators couldn't shut down a military installation with a sit-in, so some passengers were being checked in at the convention center in Bangkok and then sent by bus down to U Tapao for flights. You will experience a completely different Thailand when you make it over here.

Anyway, enough thread-jacking. :smiley5: