PDA

View Full Version : physical ?

markdallasmas
12-21-2008, 19:53
Do you got to have a physical (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=physical&spell=1) before you can get your PADI?Thanks,Mark

texdiveguy
12-21-2008, 20:17
Simple answer is NO.

If you have a concern or question regarding your fitness prior to entering PADI training then I would get a doctor exam.

If in answering the pre-course work PADI physical form you indicate yes to some of the questions you will be asked to get a doctors ok/release to be accepted for training.

markdallasmas
12-21-2008, 20:29
Thanks for the information. I am in good health just want to make sure before i get going. Thanks,Mark

ektess1
12-22-2008, 12:53
I had to get a physical. Not for dive training but to make my wife feel better. Chest xray, stress test, lung function test, etc. I am in good shape just an old smoker. At least she fells better now.

kjvander
12-23-2008, 08:42
If you answer yes to any of the medical questions then i believe the instructor will ask you to provide a physicians note saying that you are cleared for diving....but if you answer no to all the medical history questions then i believe that you are in the clear....unless you want a physical...

tndiverdude
12-28-2008, 12:04
When we signed on to take courses with our instructor we had to sign a medical release form. And she wont let us do any water work if we are unwell. My wife being a diabetic had to have a note form her doctor saying she was fit so she had to have a general physical.
Other than that we didnt have to have any. But it really couldn't hurt to make sure there isn't anything that could be a problem, Like going to the dentist so a cavity doesnt expand and blow a tooth. Just a smart idea.

jimmy

comet24
12-28-2008, 13:18
For PADI you have to fill out a medical form and if you answer yes to any of the questions you need a doctor to sign off.

markdallasmas
01-01-2009, 08:41
For PADI you have to fill out a medical form and if you answer yes to any of the questions you need a doctor to sign off.

Thanks for the information.

fanatique
02-07-2009, 16:16
I'd say it really depends. For example, I'm learning Scuba at a college, and a medical is required whether or not you answered yes to any question. A real PITA, but well the upside is I do get credits for the class.

Straegen
02-07-2009, 20:44
I would suggest an annual physical to anyone over a certain age or about to do a new activity. You get your car and gear serviced regularly, you should likely do the same.

Lulubelle
02-07-2009, 22:08
I would suggest an annual physical to anyone over a certain age or about to do a new activity. You get your car and gear serviced regularly, you should likely do the same.

Agreed

I am baffled at folks asking for medical advice on this forum.

Even saying you take a prescription med will require you to have a physical before certification.

fanatique
02-09-2009, 12:20
I guess the OP already knows the politically correct answer, but it's really such a hassle to go get checked out especially when you've been fit all along.

But, as suggested, no harm no foul to go get one.