PDA

View Full Version : Wetsuits???

scubamommie
12-22-2008, 13:20
I have recently decided to get back into diving... I was looking for a wetsuit so I can start planning my expenses... I am a plus size girl... does anyone know of a good suit that has plus sizes for women? Or am I gonna have to get a mens suit? Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Tammy:smiley20:

dallasdivergirl
12-22-2008, 13:48
it depends on how you are built. If you are more curvy you should not really have a problem with a women's suit. If you are more "square" then men's might be your choice, especially if you have wider shoulders.

Bare and Henderson both do plus sizes. It's usually based on dress or pant size. If you go to this page (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/search_results.asp?iLevel=1&txtsearchParamCat=26) and look on the left side there are links to wetsuit sizing.

Italianprincess
12-22-2008, 14:39
I just bought an Akona Wetsuit! I love the stretch in those vs others I've tried, and they make your body look incredible!

gthomas
12-22-2008, 16:27
I'm tall and hard to fit. Tried several on but went with a Henderson hyperstretch. I really like it a lot.

scubamommie
12-22-2008, 18:42
Thanks ladies.. I am gonna look for some of these to try on next time i'm at the shop... :)

Mecha
12-22-2008, 18:46
I just bought an Akona Wetsuit! I love the stretch in those vs others I've tried, and they make your body look incredible!

yes they do....

scubamommie
12-22-2008, 20:57

yes they do....

you two say they make the body look incredible... is that even for those of us who are plus sized? I'm hoping not to look like a beached whale lmao in a tight wetsuit....lol...

Mecha
12-23-2008, 10:37
wet suits in general will bring out or flaw to see sucks but true..

but just remember you see everyone elses too...

Lulubelle
12-23-2008, 11:38
I have recently decided to get back into diving... I was looking for a wetsuit so I can start planning my expenses... I am a plus size girl... does anyone know of a good suit that has plus sizes for women? Or am I gonna have to get a mens suit? Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Tammy, don't assume that you need a plus size suit, don't assume you need any particular size for that matter. Go try on some at a LDS. I liked the Henderson Hyperstretch. I'm really curvy and tall and didn't fit well in the others as they would be too big in some places and not big enough in others. I took the Hyperstretch in a size two sizes smaller than my regular dress size and was able to order on in a tall which was terrific for me. Strangely enough, my dive buddy, who is one dress size bigger than me, has the same wetsuit one size smaller than me. But she is 4'9" and I'm 5'10". My point, you have to try them on and the dress and wetsuit sizes may not correlate.

Good luck.

BlowingBubbles
12-29-2008, 06:50

Thanks,

Tammy, don't assume that you need a plus size suit, don't assume you need any particular size for that matter. Go try on some at a LDS. I liked the Henderson Hyperstretch. I'm really curvy and tall and didn't fit well in the others as they would be too big in some places and not big enough in others. I took the Hyperstretch in a size two sizes smaller than my regular dress size and was able to order on in a tall which was terrific for me. Strangely enough, my dive buddy, who is one dress size bigger than me, has the same wetsuit one size smaller than me. But she is 4'9" and I'm 5'10". My point, you have to try them on and the dress and wetsuit sizes may not correlate.

Good luck.

I have to agree. I also have several Henderson's and I am able to get by with a size or two smaller, depending on the mil thickness. The less the mil, the smaller size I can get by with.

Bassoonin
12-30-2008, 14:04
I own 3 Hendersons, of different mils. I love the hyperstretch. They fit great! I am a plus sized gal and the stripes on the hyperstretch are quite slimming (for a wetsuit!).

tndiverdude
12-30-2008, 16:01
My wife is a plus size and she bought a BARE Attack mans of of ebay for 25 dollars brand new. It fits her wonderful! We talked with the people at Bare through their customer service and they have a plus size series! she bounces between a 16W and an 18 W and their 14W will fit her perfectly.
Give them a try, theur size chart is on target too.