PDA

View Full Version : ORONOGO New Years Day Dive.

KennyD
12-25-2008, 20:49
Trying to get a Head Count..Who's in?:smiley20: I'm going to be there. And suppose to be bringing two or more friends as well.

Dark Wolf
12-25-2008, 20:56
Good thinking, Kenny. I was gonna do this very thing when I got home tonight! Lol. I will be there, I have my shift covered and am good to go!!

DW

DivingCRNA
12-26-2008, 09:12
I will be there :)

navyhmc
12-26-2008, 10:58
And, as usual, I'm working. I actually have a stretch of 8-12 hour days starting the 28th

snagel
12-26-2008, 17:49
What time are you guys meeting? If I get a wild hair, who knows.

Snagel

KennyD
12-26-2008, 19:56

Snagel

I'll be there when John opens. I do believe it's 9am as usuall. Snagel, Hope to see you there! I want to pick you brain about Bonaire. I leave for there in a couple of weeks. Going to be my first trip.
I'll call John and find out exactly what time he plans on opening.

DivingCRNA
12-26-2008, 19:58

Snagel

I'll be there when John opens. I do believe it's 9am as usuall. Snagel, Hope to see you there! I want to pick you brain about Bonaire. I leave for there in a couple of weeks. Going to be my first trip.

10 am Kenny

KennyD
12-26-2008, 22:47

Snagel

10 am Kenny
There you go! Thank Don!:smiley20:

snagel
12-27-2008, 08:03
Thanks. Not sure if I'll make it or not, but would really like too. Since my wife let me take the trip to Bonaire, I'm trying to put the dive trips on the back burner and do the family thing, just to keep the peace a little. But, who knows, if things fall together would be worth a drive down to Oronogo and meet a few friends in person.

Kenny, PM me if you have some specific questions about Bonaire. There are a few things you need to know....for one, when you get off the plane go ahead and pay your departure tax and get the stub. This will save you time when you leave and I have also heard some say that at times the office isn't open when you plan to leave. If you don't have the stub, you don't get on the plane to leave.

Snagel

KennyD
12-27-2008, 09:14
Thanks. Not sure if I'll make it or not, but would really like too. Since my wife let me take the trip to Bonaire, I'm trying to put the dive trips on the back burner and do the family thing, just to keep the peace a little. But, who knows, if things fall together would be worth a drive down to Oronogo and meet a few friends in person.

Kenny, PM me if you have some specific questions about Bonaire. There are a few things you need to know....for one, when you get off the plane go ahead and pay your departure tax and get the stub. This will save you time when you leave and I have also heard some say that at times the office isn't open when you plan to leave. If you don't have the stub, you don't get on the plane to leave.

Snagel

Yes, That is on the TOP of our list already. Thanks!

clayhwalker
12-27-2008, 20:47
I will be there, I sent you an e-mail about some tanks Kenny.

Shala
12-29-2008, 00:49
Braden, Steve, and I will be there.

KennyD
12-29-2008, 07:00

:smiley20: :smiley32:See ya there.

Wagner D. Is suppose to be riding down with me. Braden is suppose to have a couple of WSU students going. And Kevin said he is going to show up and do two of my Cavern Training Dives. Sounds like we may have a good size group.

Shala
12-29-2008, 10:14
Is your wife coming?

DivingCRNA
12-29-2008, 15:00

Wagner D. Is suppose to be riding down with me. Braden is suppose to have a couple of WSU students going. And Kevin said he is going to show up and do two of my Cavern Training Dives. Sounds like we may have a good size group.

Can I just sign off that I took you to the sign in a single tank?? Lets do FUN dives :)

texdiveguy
12-29-2008, 15:59
Does not sound nearly cold enough for me, so New Years day I am driving all the way/1040 miles to the Wisconsin lake country for a bit of snow fun and poss. an ice dip.

You guys be safe and have a great time!

KennyD
12-29-2008, 18:13
Is your wife coming?

Negative, She is busy counting down the days till Bonaire...31 days left...:smilie39:

KennyD
12-29-2008, 18:18

Can I just sign off that I took you to the sign in a single tank?? Lets do FUN dives :)

No $hit...Been there many times with a single... No worries! Talked to Kev. tonight and it told him I was going to just FUN dive. He is cool with it either way....So, Let's do some good dives..
The "Flywheel", The "Sign" and in and out through all the "Doors" Don does a great job at leading this dive after visiting "Armageddon".

KennyD
12-29-2008, 18:19
Does not sound nearly cold enough for me, so New Years day I am driving all the way/1040 miles to the Wisconsin lake country for a bit of snow fun and poss. an ice dip.

You guys be safe and have a great time!

You had better take a $hit Load of Scotch with ya buddy!!! Have a great time!!:smiley20:

CWSWine
12-29-2008, 19:11
I would love to make this one but with my chosen profession I will have to work on New Years Eve till at least 11:00PM and getting any my employees to work on the 1 Jan would be impossible. Looking forward to the one in Feb see you all then.

-Dennis

Dark Wolf
12-30-2008, 07:14
Sucks you can't make the New Years dive, CWS. Look forward to seeing you in February.

DW

KennyD
12-31-2008, 16:28
Roll Call.....
KennyD

Bigg_Budd
12-31-2008, 17:56
Hey guys, if it's cool, I'm still in. When/where should I be?

Dark Wolf
12-31-2008, 21:21
Of course it is still cool. Gate opens at 10 am. I plan on being there a little early to get some last minute things taken care of. See you there.

DW

navyhmc
12-31-2008, 23:07
You guys have fun, I'll think about you as I'm getting a few hours sleep-working new years eve as well as an 18 hour shift New Years Day. Sucks to be me right now.

Dark Wolf
12-31-2008, 23:19
Lol. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, hmc!! Maybe next time. You are going to be sorry when you hear about our dive!!!! The Whopper with cheese will have NOTHING on the dive we are doing tomorrow!! :D But we will be sure to tell you about it, hmc!!!

DW

CWSWine
01-01-2009, 09:07
You guys have fun, I'll think about you as I'm getting a few hours sleep-working new years eve as well as an 18 hour shift New Years Day. Sucks to be me right now.

Got off work at 11:30PM after our biggest single day in 7 years in business - over 700 bottles of Champagne sold. Will have to work from 12 to 6 on the 1st and will be just me and the wife - trying to make spending money for our trip. Hopefully Feb will see you guys!!!

DivingCRNA
01-01-2009, 21:28
Great dive today. Too bad it involved 48 degree water! Clay got some great pics of me, Dark Wolf and Beka, including one of me showing him that I think he is the #1 diver!

Kenny, Shala, and Braden were out there too. Braden-U gotta get used to the hood dude! LOL.

Thanks for a great day guys!

skdvr
01-01-2009, 21:39
Lets see some pics.....

Phil

navyhmc
01-01-2009, 21:57
So post the friggin' (freeezin'?) pictures already!!!!

And where's the dive report? C'mon now!!!! :smilie39: :smilie40: :smilie39:

DivingCRNA
01-01-2009, 23:21
Can I post a pic of me telling Clay he is the number one diver??? LOL

skdvr
01-02-2009, 03:33

Please do:smiley20:

Phil

navyhmc
01-02-2009, 05:50

I seem to recall a dive where you told me I was number one...:smilie39: ("Kyle?" "?!") Does this mean I'm not #1 anymore? :smiley13: :smiley36:

Dark Wolf
01-02-2009, 20:30
I am sure you will always be #1 with CRNA, hmc!!:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Thanks to you all for a great dive! Looking forward to the 28th of February and getting to see you all again. Was nice to meet you, Big Budd. Hopefully we will be seeing you around the local dive sites now!!

DW

Bigg_Budd
01-03-2009, 07:39
Hey guys - Thanks for letting me dive with ya. Ya'll are a fun group. I'm definitely in for future dives.

Peace!

skdvr
01-03-2009, 08:52
How bout them pics???

Phil

snagel
01-03-2009, 09:46
What happened to the trip report?

KennyD
01-03-2009, 12:28
Hey guys - Thanks for letting me dive with ya. Ya'll are a fun group. I'm definitely in for future dives.

Peace!

Good to meet ya Jason! I dove only with Dan Wegner New Years Day. He and I had to do a "Make Up" dive. Last time He and I were diving together I scared the Hell out of him and swam him into the doors and it was a SHOCK for him. So, We went into the doors again but ran a line. Showed him the LDS and then we did some exploring.
Sorry I didn't get to dive with you guys but I know there will be plenty of time this year for us to dive.

Going to work on growing out my hair so I can give Kyle a run....:smilie39: One of the guys was checking you out Kyle until you turned around....:yikes: Thats a DUDE.... I laughed my ass off...

DivingCRNA
01-03-2009, 14:56

Peace!

Good to meet ya Jason! I dove only with Dan Wegner New Years Day. He and I had to do a "Make Up" dive. Last time He and I were diving together I scared the Hell out of him and swam him into the doors and it was a SHOCK for him. So, We went into the doors again but ran a line. Showed him the LDS and then we did some exploring.
Sorry I didn't get to dive with you guys but I know there will be plenty of time this year for us to dive.

Going to work on growing out my hair so I can give Kyle a run....:smilie39: One of the guys was checking you out Kyle until you turned around....:yikes: Thats a DUDE.... I laughed my ass off...

Why didn't you use the line that is permanently there??

We could not get Gills to go on our dive... :(

KennyD
01-03-2009, 15:48

Peace!

Why didn't you use the line that is permanently there??

We could not get Gills to go on our dive... :(

We did use that line. We tied off outside the door then did a secondary at the pole just inside the door with the permanent line. Dan had the reel and was a little "Rattled". When I showed him the Perm. line just inside the door he was :smilie39: at himself. Went to the LDS and then came back and messed around inside the doors. This was his SECOND time in any Cave/Cavern Ever....
Gills was there doing dives with another instructor/friend of his. And he is Not really into Tec diving. Not that he wouldn't do the dive in 2009 but I don't think he had planned for it. No Doubles with him and he had very limited sleep. He is a Very SAFE diver and I've never seen him dive to get a ###.
But me on the other hand...I'm a idiot....Feb. 28th I'm diving with you guys....:smiley20:

Bigg_Budd
01-03-2009, 17:48
Kenny - Thanks for pairing me with Braden. He and his buddy (Kevin??) and the girl I dove with (name?) were cool.

Question: Is Braden Gills? That dude had 1900 PSI left after our 26 minute dive to 94 ffw... Bastard...

KennyD
01-03-2009, 19:15
Kenny - Thanks for pairing me with Braden. He and his buddy (Kevin??) and the girl I dove with (name?) were cool.

Question: Is Braden Gills? That dude had 1900 PSI left after our 26 minute dive to 94 ffw... Bastard...

Glad you had fun. Yes, Braden is "Gills" and the boy has a set at times. The other guy is Steve Volkmer and his girlfriend Shala Perez.
You may have heard them talk about Kevin. Kevin owns the Dive Shop that Braden and I work for. Braden teaches SCUBA at the local University and I Divemaster for him.
Check out this link to some pics.adventuresportskansas' photosets on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/adventuresportskansas/sets/)

Dark Wolf
01-03-2009, 20:30

Peace!

That is SOOOOOOO not right. Hope he has nightmares for a friggin MONTH!! :smiley11: :smiley5:
Lol. Good to see you again, Kenny. First time I had seen Shala out there for quite a while. Looking forward to diving with you on February 28th. You wanting to do the Whopper with Cheese or something else?

DW

KennyD
01-04-2009, 07:56

Peace!

That is SOOOOOOO not right. Hope he has nightmares for a friggin MONTH!! :smiley11: :smiley5:
Lol. Good to see you again, Kenny. First time I had seen Shala out there for quite a while. Looking forward to diving with you on February 28th. You wanting to do the Whopper with Cheese or something else?

DW
Yes, Double Whopper With Cheese Please!

Dark Wolf
01-04-2009, 08:39
SWEET!! Double Royale with Cheese it is!! :D

DW

DivingCRNA
01-04-2009, 19:38
SWEET!! Double Royale with Cheese it is!! :D

DW

A Royale is a quarter pounder, because of the Metric System. I woulda thought YOU would get a Pulp Fiction quote right!!!

BTW, what is a Double Whopper with Cheese dive??? Could kill you but is a lot of fun???

plot
01-05-2009, 18:49
i was gonna point out the qaurter pounder thing... but then i clicked off the thread and forgot about it. i came back soley to mention it, but it's already been adeqautely covered.