PDA

View Full Version : Shoe thread

dallasdivergirl
12-28-2008, 15:28
Lulebelle and I have been talking shoes and boots some in other theads and kept highjacking them so I thought we would just have a shoe thread....

so please ladies and you guys who like to hang here please feel free to share your Christmas gifts and favorite shoes.

I got these boots (http://www.langstons.com/ariat-boots-15875.html) from Mom & Dad.

I ran into one of my friends who was living in Tuscon and told me about Paul Bond boots (http://www.paulbondboots.com/). He loves them and got custom color and design. I officially want some of those.

Lulubelle
12-28-2008, 15:37
Hi Dallas,

We need not suffer any guilt for hijacking the last thread. It started as Splitlip in the women's issues forum (where he lives) challenging us to come up with something more interesting that a time of the month thread. I'd say we gave him a run for his money.

Love your new boots, very sweet! Did they come in a AA or do you just make them fit with insoles and such?

Mad at you for turning me on to the Paul Bond ones, problem being that I always have to go custom because I am a AAAA. Have bookmarked the site...

Here is the maker of mine...

Custom Western Boots by J. B. Hill - World's Finest Custom Made, Handmade Cowboy Boots for Men and Women (http://www.jbhilltexas.com/index.html)

dallasdivergirl
12-28-2008, 15:46
Hi Dallas,

We need not suffer any guilt for hijacking the last thread. It started as Splitlip in the women's issues forum (where he lives) challenging us to come up with something more interesting that a time of the month thread. I'd say we gave him a run for his money.

Love your new boots, very sweet! Did they come in a AA or do you just make them fit with insoles and such?

Mad at you for turning me on to the Paul Bond ones, problem being that I always have to go custom because I am a AAAA. Have bookmarked the site...

Here is the maker of mine...

Custom Western Boots by J. B. Hill - World's Finest Custom Made, Handmade Cowboy Boots for Men and Women (http://www.jbhilltexas.com/index.html)

I have no problem blaming Splitlip. :D

I actually did the standard sizing and added insoles. They are nice. The cool part is that I already had a belt with a red and turquoise stone buckle that matches the red tops. I am sure they will get worn a whole lot. Probably not so much to the work job sites on rainy days. The waterproof keen hiking boots are perfect for that.

The Paul Bonds that Thomas had made (he's the director of Western Art of the Denver Museum of Art, and just at young little whipper snapper of 28 no less) he had the old thunder bird design done and the top and thunder bird of each boot were different colors. The guys hand making the boots had a hard time keeping the boots together since they did not match. If I can get a picture of them from him I will post them. I have heard that they are super comfortable. :smiley20:

Splitlip
01-02-2009, 20:37
Lulebelle and I have been talking shoes and boots some in other theads and kept highjacking them so I thought we would just have a shoe thread....

so please ladies and you guys who like to hang here please feel free to share your Christmas gifts and favorite shoes.

I got these boots (http://www.langstons.com/ariat-boots-15875.html) from Mom & Dad.

I ran into one of my friends who was living in Tuscon and told me about Paul Bond boots (http://www.paulbondboots.com/). He loves them and got custom color and design. I officially want some of those.

Nice looking kicks.

I am basic kind of guy.
I have a pair of TL's in eggshell with lizard skin tips, TL's in snake skin and Aconas in Elephant hide.

(sorry I was late to the party.)

Splitlip
01-02-2009, 20:39
Hey!

Yous guys are disrespecting me again! I'm gonna get a complex here soon.

Sansho
01-02-2009, 21:03
A friend of mine got custom boots at Stewarts in Tucson. They took a mold of his each foot, he chose tops that were already made, and they completed the boots for him. Didn't look wild snazzy, but they fit like a glove.

Lulubelle
01-02-2009, 22:12
You want to see some snazzy man boots? Here you are sansho. This guy is probably THE most masculine guy I know. With a boot fetish. HE is the one who drug me up to get mine made. And went back to see me try them on when they came in. His collection probably makes up about 1/2 of his net worth!

He has another pair which are black/blue/grey snakeskin and other exotics mixed.

He actually trains horses and wears boots every day. So they are fabulous boots that get dirty and worn. He is making me a cowgirl hat right now, I can't wait to see it.

SORRY SANSHO< I DELETED STUFF FROM MY PROFILE AND IT TOOK THE PIC OFF OF MY POST. SEE BELOW.

Sansho
01-03-2009, 07:06
You want to see some snazzy man boots? Here you are sansho.

Were you going to post a link or picture?

Bigg_Budd
01-03-2009, 07:44
Not sure if these count, but I got these for my wife for xmas: Your insider’s guide to casual shoes, dress shoes, handbags and more for women, men and kids. | Piperlime (http://www.piperlime.com/browse/product.do?cid=19798&pid=615555&scid=615555012)

As for me, this is how I roll: All Star® Core OX by Converse at Zeta Zappos (http://zeta.zappos.com/product/108000/color/9)

Lulubelle
01-03-2009, 10:23
Not sure if these count, but I got these for my wife for xmas: Your insider’s guide to casual shoes, dress shoes, handbags and more for women, men and kids. | Piperlime (http://www.piperlime.com/browse/product.do?cid=19798&pid=615555&scid=615555012)

As for me, this is how I roll: All Star® Core OX by Converse at Zeta Zappos (http://zeta.zappos.com/product/108000/color/9)

Yes, of course they count Big Budd, men who buy shoes for women are men indeed! I shop Zappos, I am a 10AAAA so it is hard to find my size in a retail store.

SANSHO, I did upload a pic, but I deleted a bunch of stuff from my profile and didn't realize that deleting the attachment there would delete it here.

So, again, I present some snazzy man boots.

Sansho
01-03-2009, 11:56
Nice!

Lulubelle
01-03-2009, 12:19
Nice!

Clark is 6'5", built like a Mack Truck, and oozes testosterone, so he can carry such a boot off. Always in a ponytail and cowboy hat. He has some others that make those look pretty tame.

But he cares more about his footwear than any GIRL i know.

mm2002
01-03-2009, 19:15
I don't do boots. I think I'm pretty sexy in my old worn out new balance sneakers and ankle socks though. Huh? (forgive me, I forgot to shave my legs this morning) :smiley36:

http://www.mm-restoration.com/scuba/shoes.jpg

Lulubelle
01-03-2009, 21:15
I don't do boots. I think I'm pretty sexy in my old worn out new balance sneakers and ankle socks though. Huh? (forgive me, I forgot to shave my legs this morning) :smiley36:

I think you are right. I'm in a sweat just looking at those gams.

Splitlip
01-03-2009, 22:00
Just found my new avatar.
Thanks!

cowgirldiver
01-04-2009, 09:23
Man, Budd, I wish I'd had those boots you got your wife when we went to the Olympics in Salt Lake. My feet have never been so cold-don't think they ever thawed till we got back home. My son thinks I have quite a few pair of shoes. He doesn't understand that I've been a size 5 since I was in 5th grade. I'm sure some of my shoes date at least to high school and that was a while back-you know how the styles just come back around... Size 5's are also quite hard to find especially in gym shoes. I kind of like shoe strings on mine as opposed to the velcro you find on kids shoes!!!

Italianprincess
01-04-2009, 10:24
I'm not a big shoe person, but I could easily get that way if you girls keep showing me amazing boots like these! Then I'll either have to get another job or give up diving....hmmmm, another job! I don't like to give up my pleasures!
Paul Bond's handmade, custom cowboy boots (http://www.paulbondboots.com/limitededitionboots.htm)
I like the Paul Bond style #5, how much do you think they go for Lulubelle?

Lulubelle
01-04-2009, 10:30
I'm not a big shoe person, but I could easily get that way if you girls keep showing me amazing boots like these! Then I'll either have to get another job or give up diving....hmmmm, another job! I don't like to give up my pleasures!
Paul Bond's handmade, custom cowboy boots (http://www.paulbondboots.com/limitededitionboots.htm)
I like the Paul Bond style #5, how much do you think they go for Lulubelle?

My guess is at least a couple of thousand. If custom made in a non stock size, probably x 3. Would be considerably less if it was just calfskin.

Fear not, there are plenty of great boots for under 300 dollars IF you are a standard size. If you are not, you are in trouble.

Come on girl, get with the program, you are ITALIAN. You are genetically required to like SHOES. Doesn't have to be 2K shoes.

Italianprincess
01-04-2009, 10:35
OK, I looked back and they are about $1200....I did allow myself a pair of nice leather boots when I was in Italy! Very nice indeed! (I'm too practical to splurge....bought a pair of jeans and a top for $500 and felt like a real princess though!) After our Spain trip next month I'm gonna do it again!!

Lulubelle
01-04-2009, 10:37
OK, I looked back and they are about $1200....I did allow myself a pair of nice leather boots when I was in Italy! Very nice indeed! (I'm too practical to splurge....bought a pair of jeans and a top for $500 and felt like a real princess though!) After our Spain trip next month I'm gonna do it again!!

Spanish shoes are also terrific...

Have fun in Spain, and us girls expect a trip report which includes an item or two about shoes.

Bring us a couple of Spanish fellows, eh? Tall ones please.

Italianprincess
01-04-2009, 10:56
It would be my pleasure on all counts!! I'm saving up extra money to shop, must bring something home from Spain! And bringing a sexy spanish man home "for you, Lulubelle" will be a good explanation when my BF wonders why my luggage is so heavy coming back!!

Splitlip
01-06-2009, 19:03
It would be my pleasure on all counts!! I'm saving up extra money to shop, must bring something home from Spain! And bringing a sexy spanish man home "for you, Lulubelle" will be a good explanation when my BF wonders why my luggage is so heavy coming back!! Bring a couple while you're at it. :smilie40:

http://media.moron.com/photo/fatguythong.jpg

Lulubelle
01-06-2009, 19:22
It would be my pleasure on all counts!! I'm saving up extra money to shop, must bring something home from Spain! And bringing a sexy spanish man home "for you, Lulubelle" will be a good explanation when my BF wonders why my luggage is so heavy coming back!! Bring a couple while your at it. :smilie40:

Split, did we finally get our al fresco picture? It was supposed to be on the other thread. Good for you for the body confidence to pull this one off.:smiley32: Well done.

"When I was in college, my roomate's Mom made him a leopard print George of The Jungle costume for Holloween, complete with matching mask. I had no costume, so I wore the mask like a loin cloth. "

http://forum.scubatoys.com/259280-post16.html

mm2002
01-06-2009, 19:24
Tim, looks like you've lost a little weight since I seen you last. Good job! :smiley20:
The thong is starting to look pretty good on ya!

DevilDiver
01-06-2009, 19:43
Tim, looks like you've lost a little weight since I seen you last. Good job! :smiley20:

Thong!! I thought it was a rash...... :smiley5:

Nice nips dude!!

Splitlip
01-06-2009, 19:50
:smilie39:

I did lose some weight. I was googling around trying to find something for a witty response, and Carlos 2.0 appeared. I could not help it.

We all remember Carlos Prime.

Splitlip
01-06-2009, 19:52
It would be my pleasure on all counts!! I'm saving up extra money to shop, must bring something home from Spain! And bringing a sexy spanish man home "for you, Lulubelle" will be a good explanation when my BF wonders why my luggage is so heavy coming back!! Bring a couple while your at it. :smilie40:

Split, did we finally get our al fresco picture? It was supposed to be on the other thread. Good for you for the body confidence to pull this one off.:smiley32: Well done.

"When I was in college, my roomate's Mom made him a leopard print George of The Jungle costume for Holloween, complete with matching mask. I had no costume, so I wore the mask like a loin cloth. "

http://forum.scubatoys.com/259280-post16.html
:smilie39:
Well played. Well played indeed.

Splitlip
01-06-2009, 19:54
There are apparently no "weak women" among female divers. I may head back to the cave for cold one. :)

mm2002
01-06-2009, 19:58
There are apparently no "weak women" among female divers. I may head back to the cave for cold one. :)

:smilie_allesgut::fulle:

Lulubelle
01-06-2009, 20:20
I did lose some weight. I was googling around trying to find something for a witty response, and Carlos 2.0 appeared. I could not help it.

Notice how quickly SL jumps to claim that his photo is from google? We are proud of you for posting this Split, we didn't think you would have the coglioni to post your alfresco pic.

Splitlip
01-06-2009, 20:32

Notice how quickly SL jumps to claim that his photo is from google? We are proud of you for posting this Split, we didn't think you would have the coglioni to post your alfresco pic.

:smiley36:

sea princess
01-06-2009, 20:49
I was just reading a few threads here and there cracking up at you guys and now my eyes have been burned from the man boob images and speedos. "erase erase" :smiley11:

Lulubelle
02-12-2009, 20:35

Dallas, I think we need to revive this one. So, help me understand the power of the boots. I posted a polite intro on the Italian diving forum. Got some polite replies and some funny exchanges over my misuse of the scuba lingo.

Then I put my boot avatar up. Shazaaaammmm, lots of replies and welcomes and PMs. From boys.

Do they have some secret powers? Does JB Hill use pheramones in their calfskin?

Diver Kat
02-13-2009, 10:25

Dallas, I think we need to revive this one. So, help me understand the power of the boots. I posted a polite intro on the Italian diving forum. Got some polite replies and some funny exchanges over my misuse of the scuba lingo.

Then I put my boot avatar up. Shazaaaammmm, lots of replies and welcomes and PMs. From boys.

I think you're on to something ... why DO guys go gaga over girls in boots?? I'm clueless when it comes to shoes in general (must have inherited an aberrant she gene!), but even I've noticed how guys react to women in boots ... so what's the big turn on?

dallasdivergirl
02-13-2009, 10:33

I think you're on to something ... why DO guys go gaga over girls in boots?? I'm clueless when it comes to shoes in general (must have inherited an aberrant she gene!), but even I've noticed how guys react to women in boots ... so what's the big turn on?

I am wearing mine today, I may need to take them out for a test run in public to see what the reaction is.

Tuesday I visited a client that has indoor plants and part of the contract is that I have to water them. So I get to lug around a big watering can and I had one of the employees there comment on "oh, that's how they get watered" and one of their clients was amazed that they were real plants. Sure, dude, I am watering "fake" plants and cleaning up the "fake" dead leaves. I was wearing my trusty Keen Boots. They are great.

Queen
02-13-2009, 12:26
Tuesday I visited a client that has indoor plants and part of the contract is that I have to water them. So I get to lug around a big watering can and I had one of the employees there comment on "oh, that's how they get watered" and one of their clients was amazed that they were real plants. Sure, dude, I am watering "fake" plants and cleaning up the "fake" dead leaves. I was wearing my trusty Keen Boots. They are great.
I have those same boots, they're fantastic!

dallasdivergirl
02-13-2009, 12:42

I would love them in black. I wear them 4 to 5 days per week. they are super comfortable and are water proof. they also seem indistructable.

Lulubelle
02-13-2009, 14:49

I would love them in black. I wear them 4 to 5 days per week. they are super comfortable and are water proof. they also seem indistructable.

Not sure that these are the types of boots that folks find irresistable except those wearing them:smiley36: I want some Keen boots, but they are WAY too wide for my 10AAAA feet.

Queen
02-13-2009, 14:55

They are my winter boots here in IL, they're so light and comfy it's like wearing tennies.

MSilvia
02-13-2009, 15:07
I've got Keen shoes on now, but the only shoes I like enough to have a strong opinion about are my red and black John Fluevog "Archangel Gabriels".

Lulubelle
02-13-2009, 17:01
I've got Keen shoes on now, but the only shoes I like enough to have a strong opinion about are my red and black John Fluevog "Archangel Gabriels".

Pictures please.

I am envious of you Keen wearers. Last time I tried them on, there was an extra inch of width to spare.

Still don't understand the mystery of boots.

dallasdivergirl
02-13-2009, 17:02

Not sure that these are the types of boots that folks find irresistable except those wearing them:smiley36: I want some Keen boots, but they are WAY too wide for my 10AAAA feet.

they have gotten me called tree hugger probably not irresistible! I wear these super padded socks with padding on both sides and the bottom, that definitely helps them fit.

MSilvia
02-17-2009, 10:11
the only shoes I like enough to have a strong opinion about are my red and black John Fluevog "Archangel Gabriels".

Pictures please.

While I HIGHLY recommend John Fluevog as the maker of many of the world's coolest items of footwear (even, though certainly not exclusively, for men) they don't seem to be making the Archangel line anymore. The Gabriels look something like this, only a bit cooler. The soles are the most comfortable I've ever worn. They feel like walking on a cloud, and as the box says, the shoes resist Alkali, Water, Acid, Fatigue and the power of Satan:
http://www.fluevog.com/code/images/colour/0000000039/thumb.jpg

Oh, and these are my "everyday" Keen Briggs:
http://www.zappos.com/images/720/7202754/7954-200944-d.jpg

Lulubelle
02-17-2009, 10:21
MSilvia has style, that's for sure.

Mine unfortunately, is driven by who makes my skinny footed size, which is not many manufacturers. No Keens or Merrill or such for me as they are way too wide. Took me a year to find hiking boots, got Lowa's from Zappos. Of course they only made the narrows in their cadillac boot.

Now for pretties for narrow feet...

Claudia Ciuti (http://claudiaciuti.com/)

Bruno Magli (http://www.brunomagli.it/)

Browser Error (http://www.donaldjpliner.com/) (This is Donald Pliner, link seems to work)

Custom Western Boots by J. B. Hill - World's Finest Custom Made, Handmade Cowboy Boots for Men and Women (http://www.jbhilltexas.com/) Maker of my avatar boots.

No new shoes for me though...cannot afford them after buying scuba gear.

MSilvia
02-17-2009, 12:15
That's easy to say for someone who hasn't seen me in Crocs and a hoodie.

mm2002
02-17-2009, 17:35
That's easy to say for someone who hasn't seen me in Crocs and a hoodie.

That's kinda how I've always had you pictured anyway. No shattered image here. :smiley36:

dallasdivergirl
03-13-2009, 10:33
I am by no means a girly girl (see previous posts about my Keen boots) but these made me swoooooon. *fans self*

Link (http://www.andyjulia.com/IMAGES/coppeliapicque08.htm) to find these

Diver Kat
03-13-2009, 12:13
I am by no means a girly girl (see previous posts about my Keen boots) but these made me swoooooon. *fans self*

My boss ordered 2 pairs similar to these, except they were boot style - came up to just under her knee. They were seriously hot ... but a bit of a hassle to lace all the way up I think. She sent them back, as she thought they were a bit too much for her. Not quite appropriate to wear to work! (at a bank anyway!!):smiley36:

Lulubelle
03-13-2009, 12:58

My boss ordered 2 pairs similar to these, except they were boot style - came up to just under her knee. They were seriously hot ... but a bit of a hassle to lace all the way up I think. She sent them back, as she thought they were a bit too much for her. Not quite appropriate to wear to work! (at a bank anyway!!):smiley36:

No, I imagine NOT Kat, but they would be really great to wear at home, for a short period of time. Well, at least for you and Dallas, no one to appreciate them here!:smiley5:

dallasdivergirl
03-13-2009, 13:11

No, I imagine NOT Kat, but they would be really great to wear at home, for a short period of time. Well, at least for you and Dallas, no one to appreciate them here!:smiley5:

Those would fall under the NSW (not safe for work) at both my jobs. OSHA has rules for construction and ScubaToys has a closed toe shoe policy (tanks could do some serious damage to feet in flip flops). On the other had the would be NSH (not safe for home) because I could seriously hurt myself just trying to walk in those, would definately make America's Funniest Video highlights.:smilie39:

I had lunch today with a friend. I commented that one Mom who was at least my age (mid thirties) looked like she had stolen her outfit from her child's babysitter. Dressing like you are under 20 when you obviously are not looks desperate.

Eurodiver
03-18-2009, 11:08
Well it is nice to be back to diving after a fab season of snowboarding. These are the boots I wore all winter. DC Chalet SE Winter Boot - Women's from Dogfunk.com (http://www.dogfunk.com/dogfunk/DCS1749/DC-Chalet-SE-Winter-Boot-Womens.html)
those are VERY warm like wearing little pillows on your feet

or these
DC Dacha Winter Boot - Women's from Dogfunk.com (http://www.dogfunk.com/dogfunk/DCS0510/DC-Dacha-Winter-Boot-Womens.html)
Just comfy and cute

or I wore my UGG
Women's Sunburst Tall Sheepskin Boot - Free Domestic Ground Shipping on the UGG Sunburst Tall (http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDetails.aspx?gID=w&categoryID=283&productID=5218&model=Sunburst+Tall)

For work I wear
Scarpa Triolet GTX Mountaineering Boot - Men's from Backcountry.com (http://www.backcountry.com/store/SCR0047/Scarpa-Triolet-GTX-Mountaineering-Boot-Mens.html)
Not every day but still
At the moment we are doing a program called WAQ. Warrior Adventure Quest for all the Soldiers that have come back from Iraq so I have been too busy to post anything in months. Any way the programs does High Ropes, Climbing, Rappelling, Klettersteig, Scuba Diving and Paintball.

I am not in to the cowboy boot thing. Since I stopped Barrel Racing many moons ago I haven't had a pair of Ropers on. I am now more in to sexy shoes. Heels and this year I have gotten so wonderful Gladiators.
My husband wear combat boots ALL the time so Birkenstocks are the only things he likes. Got to air to toes sometime.

It is funny that I saw this discussion today. About a week ago we were having a shoe discussion at work and I told the guy that works with me that he knows it is more sexy when a woman gets out of a H3 with heels and a cute little summer dress than a woman that gets out of a sports car in the same thing. He said true and that he likes to pick shoes for is girl.

HUG, LoVe and PEACE!
Euro