PDA

View Full Version : Grand Cayman Trip

bvdo123
08-19-2007, 15:05
Just got back from the Grand Cayman Island and got in a couple of dives in before Dean. 100ft visibility and 81 degree water made for great diving.

If anyone is looking for a great charter operation try Dive n Stuff. Small operation, great customer service and good prices.:smiley20:

www.divenstuff.net (http://www.divenstuff.net)

mmf3279
08-19-2007, 18:26
Did you do any shore diving? We are headed to GCI in December and would like to do some shore diving/boat diving.

bvdo123
08-19-2007, 19:02
I did not but it would be a very easy thing to do. Little to zero surf to deal with.

Makai
08-19-2007, 22:35
Man, I can't tell you how jealous I am! I just had to cancel my trip to Grand Cayman. We were schedule to be there from the August 18th to the 22nd.

tweek909
09-07-2007, 18:22
I'm really excited! I'm going in January for my wedding and already taking scuba lessons. please let me know which sites to head up to!

Tableleg
09-07-2007, 20:03
The two sites I dove @ CGI were Eagle Ray Rock and the Armchair Reef. Both really cool places! I'd love to dive them again if there wasn't so may others to do!

DLXM Cayman
09-11-2007, 21:24
mmf, shore diving is v ery easy at several location. One is at Eden Rock in George Town and the other is at the Turtle Farm Reef at West Bay. You should be able to get details easily when here but let me know if not. Eden Rock involves a swim of about 150 feet max then descend to magnificent reef and pass throughs and Turtle Farm Reef is entry by a ladder and a 40 feet swim if that to a reef wall. There are others but those are two I would recommend.

Brickhead
10-03-2007, 11:04
Sunset House
Devils Grotto
Cemetary Reef

Top 3 to try in order if you are not familiar with the island.

Sunset House has a great layout and is almost always a no current dive. Good ornaments the dive staff will give you a map tour and show you the buoys to head for to go down. There is a 20' mermaid, a wreck and many coral fingers to explore. The fish are great with many paired Angelfish who will stop for photos.

Devils Grotto is a quickie and lots of swim throughs. Wait till after the cruise ships leave or pick a day with no boats in port.

Cemetary is a good snorkle too.

Boat dives there are too many and every site is amazing.

Definitely do the stingray city boat trip - I recommend Red Sails Sports from Rum Point on a nice afternoon trip for a dive boat - not the cattle cars and not from the 7 mile ports - too many cruise ship folks.