PDA

View Full Version : Love my VT3

Zenagirl
12-31-2008, 18:46
My husband and I recently went hoseless, purchasing two Oceanic VT3 computers from Joe (Thanks Joe!). We finally had the opportunity to dive them and put about 22 dives on them these past 2 weeks on Maui.

I LOVE THESE COMPUTERS!! Just had to be blunt. ;) Simple to use, easy to read, and they sinc'ed very well. Even when we lost the signal a couple of times, they quickly picked it up and were back to normal in less than 5 seconds. No big deal at all.

I'd definitely recommend the VT3 to anyone wanting a hoseless AI computer.

cummings66
12-31-2008, 19:09
I agree, my favorite computer out there. I wouldn't trade it in on any other at the moment. Later on when something better comes out we'll talk.

joemamma
12-31-2008, 21:00
The wife and I just got ours wet for the first time. So far so good. We just did a quick equipment check out dive to get ready for Cozumel in 2 weeks. So I'm sure I'll have a more established opinion by the time we get back, but so far we are VERY happy!

firstdive2005
01-01-2009, 02:18
I really enjoy my VT3 also. I like the big numbers and letters. It is very easy to get used to. But what I like the most is Oceanic and their warranty. Make sure you can get a dealer to show you how to change the battery. Or make sure you do it right. I changed mine a Akumal, really thought that I did a good job, didn't. It pulled an exorcist on me at 60ft. I sent it in with a full explanation. I did not expect a new computer but they sent me one. Oceanic has my loyalty.

skdvr
01-01-2009, 08:19
A buddy of mine has the VT3 and loves it... I have been diving with a VT Pro that is nice but I like some of the added features of the VT3. My Pro is having some problems and I would love to upgrade to a VT3, but the money is just not there at the moment... Maybe sometime soon...

Phil

Kimusubi
01-01-2009, 09:34
I bought the VT3 a bit before Christmas during all those sales. I'll be doing my first dive on it this weekend, I'm very excited about it!

sea princess
01-01-2009, 14:54
I just got my vt 3 in november and have only done 3 dives with it but I love it too. I am not mechanically inclined at all and was a little worried i wouldn't understand how to use it but actually it is very user friendly. i highly recommend it too