PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolution

gbrdiver
01-02-2009, 06:11
I decided I would make January an alcohol free month. Good rhetoritc 'cos the first time I remembered it, I was opening my third beer. D'oh! I hope I'm not the only one that lasted less than 12 hours on improving my health.

hychang
01-02-2009, 06:48
Mine is the usual, improve my health and dive more this year.

No Misses
01-02-2009, 08:42
New Years resolution: Breath In - Breath Out - Repeat as necessary.

I try to keep things very basic. I'll die before I give up this resolution.

shawnwill36
01-02-2009, 10:41
im only making one new yrs resolution this yr. not to make anymore new yrs resolutions!!

imasinker
01-02-2009, 12:06
I decided I would make January an alcohol free month. Good rhetoritc 'cos the first time I remembered it, I was opening my third beer. D'oh! I hope I'm not the only one that lasted less than 12 hours on improving my health.

Beer has all four food groups in it... Barley hops, rice, malt yeast oh and of coarse water!

just make another new years resolution not pertaining to no beer!...works for me!

chicken
01-02-2009, 12:30
Nobody likes a quitter! A whole month without beer? That's like a whole month without diving.

Italianprincess
01-02-2009, 14:09
Mine is to be more open to change....I used to resist, now I'm starting to look at it as an adventure...Who doesn't love an adventure!

BarbadosSlim93
01-02-2009, 14:21
I gave up on New Years Resolutions after I swore off drinking, and was doing shots of Jack at 12:30ish. I have determined it is easier for me to just quit, rather than making it a big deal, because I am less likely to rebel against it. It is messed up I know, but I have seriously cut back on my drinking since I just decided I was sick of getting sick. What I thought was being cool and a hardcore drinker was really just me being a jerk.

However....

I can still keep up with the best of them. Once in a great while I will still do a power hour or compete in a beer pong tournament!

chicken
01-02-2009, 14:55
I can't handle shots anymore...an occasional beer is great. No Budweiser or Natty Light, lifes too short. But an ice cold Sam Adams and talking about diving is good.

A few years ago I decided to get back in military shape and the drinking slowed way down because I had to get up and go the gym. 60 pounds and 6 inches off the waistline curbed my beer drinking on its own.

sea princess
01-02-2009, 18:29
Last year I made a resolution to learn to dive which I finally did last summer. This year I want to do more diving and take the rescue class. As far as health goals just to maintain my weight and tone up more.

I understand the rebel issue..when i am told I can't do something something inside me is determined to do it anyway! So I don't do any I cannot ...goals anymore!

Splitlip
01-02-2009, 19:56
Mine is to be more open to change....I used to resist, now I'm starting to look at it as an adventure...Who doesn't love an adventure!

Just don't change the avatar.

(we know it is not you, but we can dream :smiley2:)

"Wings and a halo" LOL

Splitlip
01-02-2009, 19:58
But an ice cold Sam Adams and talking about diving is good.

A Sammy in a frozen mug is proof God loves us. (uh oh, I feel the song)
YouTube - monsters in the morning - storm aid - beer song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odvaMAq7dnc)

mm_dm
01-03-2009, 11:30
That's what I like about you, Tim, you haven't forgotten how to have fun. Once upon a time, someone gave me three words to live by that I try not to forget: "get over yourself". Of course, it was the end of a relationship, but it still was good advice.

mm_dm
01-03-2009, 11:35

A guy I work with broke up with his girlfriend because she was making him compromise his routine and sense of privacy too much. All I could think of was...how sad...

Lulubelle
01-03-2009, 11:50
I'm not one for New Year's resolutions, because i feel that if something needs to change it needs to change now, not around a particular date.

However,

I resolve to care less about what others expect from me and more about what I know I need for myself. I give to others quite naturally, don't need to respond so much to what others think I should be doing.

I resolve to put my health and life before work when possible. I'll be no good to anyone if I don't take care of me.

I resolve to be as strong and fit as is possible for me to be.

I resolve to continue to take greater personal risks (of the emotional or psychological kind..not talking about bungie jumping), in life, in love.

I resolve to have plenty of cold Sam, Dogfish Raison D'Etre, etc. after my many fun dives.

heydn62
01-04-2009, 17:05
I hadn't made any resolutions in years until last year when I decided it would be the year that I would learn to dive. Probably wasn't really a new year's resolution as much as a "you better do this now before you get to old" resolution. I've found the dates on those are much more flexible. Until they're not.

heydn62
01-04-2009, 17:08
I thought about taking the "Yes Man" approach to life (the Jim Carrey flick), but I realized it costs too much money to say YES to everything. I will try to say yes more often though, but please don't ask me to give you anything.

Monkeylemon
01-07-2009, 10:37
Every year I resolve to use less toilet paper. It never works out that well.

fanatique
02-07-2009, 16:15
Well I made a resolution to pick up a new hobby/sport, and here I am! Haha. Glad I'm managing to keep at least one of my resolutions...