PDA

View Full Version : Inflator hose question

JimHar99
01-03-2009, 14:50
This seems like a silly question but I have to ask. Does it matter whether you run the dry suit inflator hose under your left or your right arm?
Thanks.

skdvr
01-03-2009, 16:07
does not really matter.

Although I prefer to run mine under my left arm because I have my long hose on the right side of me. I also run mine under the left shoulder strap to make sure that it stays down and out of the way. I am not sure that I have noticed anyone running theirs under their right arm, but I do not see why you cant if it feels better for you that way...

Phil

JimHar99
01-03-2009, 17:07
That's kinda what I thought.

I had just attached the hose to my regulator, and at first glance it looked like it might be easier to route it under my right arm. But, after attaching the regulator to a tank and BC, I see that I can run it under the left arm as well. And thanks for the tip about under the shoulder strap. That's something I didn't think about, but I may have to give it a try.

Thanks Phil.

skdvr
01-03-2009, 20:42
Yeah, you can fill up a 1st stage pretty quickly. I had played around with a few different configurations on my singles reg when I am wearing a drysuit until I got all the hoses just the way that I like them. It will take putting the hoses in the 1st stage and then maybe playing with how the 1st stage sits on your tank valve so that everything routes nice and clean.

Phil

cummings66
01-04-2009, 10:01
I use mine on the left side as well, but I don't go under the strap and just go over it. It's something that works either way.

JimHar99
01-04-2009, 10:41
I use mine on the left side as well, but I don't go under the strap and just go over it. It's something that works either way.

Like most everything, I figure it's best to try different configurations to see what works best for you. I guess that most divers route the inflator under the left arm, but when I attached it to my first stage, it seemed like it might work easier under the right. After I assembled it with the BC and a tank, I was able to manuver it to a position that would make the left side work.

aperkins
01-09-2009, 08:28
I use mine under my left arm, but I have an octo/inflator, so there is no hose tangling issues with my octo. And yes, under the bc is great for streamlining.

in_cavediver
01-09-2009, 11:35
I go both ways. In singles/doubles, it goes under the left arm. In sidemount, I route from the right side.

Its all personal preference.

skdvr
01-09-2009, 15:32
I go both ways.

Interesting:smiley2:

CompuDude
01-09-2009, 16:17
Standard setups route it under the left arm, but as has been said, it's not something that is likely to cause a dire problem if you run it the other way (or have an otherwise non-standard setup), so feel free to route it however it works best if you're not happy with the standard setup. I'd start with the standard, though, and only change it if you think there is a real benefit to changing it.

bane51031
01-18-2009, 17:54
I run mine under my left arm outside of my straps, you could go anyways you are comfortable but, if diving with a buddy take a sec. and both look over gear helps to know where stuff is if the S#%t hits the fan so you know where each others setup is like....

kagey747
02-20-2009, 04:33
Mine is under the left arm, under the strap. I don my gear left-arm-first to clear the exhaust valve, then hook up and test the inflation hose before working the right side on... less trouble to reach back and turn on the air :smilie39:.

Heavy D
02-20-2009, 10:24
Mine is under the left arm, under the strap. I don my gear left-arm-first to clear the exhaust valve.
I wear mine this way too. It also makes sense to put it under the strap so that it will be out of the way if you are slinging stage bottles.