PDA

View Full Version : Rear Weight(s) Question

blewgrass
01-07-2009, 09:35
I have an older Ranger with the front zipper fold out pocket and no rear weight pockets.

My question:
Are the rear weight pockets for sale on the website ($49.95) the same as the stock rear weighting that comes on selected Zeagle bc's? (Ranger LTD, etc.)

What are the differences, if any?

DMWiz
01-07-2009, 10:06
There's no difference!

mm_dm
01-07-2009, 10:44
Yes, they're the same. It's a very heavy-duty zippered pocket with a quick release pull tab on the bottom. One will hold something like 10lbs should you ever require a boat load of weight.

blewgrass
01-25-2009, 21:22
I dive in cold water areas like Monterey and Californias Northern Coast. I am also a big dude at 215+ lbs, needing about 33 lbs of lead in my rig using an AL80 tank. I recently added a 7mm hooded vest from Pinnacle with the merino lining. this brought me from 32 to 33 lbs.

I found another zeagle user that wears a weight belt along with his ranger and has no issues with comfort, and actually reccomends it over the rear weights, becasue having that much weight on the ranger is too much. 10 lbs in each pocket with the yellow thingies, and about 13-14 on the belt seems to be the way I am ending up here.

If anyone else is set up this way, let me know.

Thanks
Steve

kjvander
01-25-2009, 21:51
sounds about how i am set up as well. while playing in the pool this winter i only need about 8-10 pounds and a steel 100 to sink. however with any amount of thermal protection on I usually split the weight between a belt and my BC (ranger LTD). i am probably going to be picking up a weight harness this year as i am moving to a drysuit as well...