PDA

View Full Version : Bangka Resorts

Travelnsj
01-08-2009, 01:45
Has anyone stayed at any Bangka resorts? I'm looking at Blue Bay divers and Murex. Couple of things I need.....Hot Water...In suite bathroom and A/C or ceiling fan:smiley20:

Any info is appreciated!

chinacat46
01-08-2009, 08:07
Has anyone stayed at any Bangka resorts? I'm looking at Blue Bay divers and Murex. Couple of things I need.....Hot Water...In suite bathroom and A/C or ceiling fan:smiley20:

Any info is appreciated!

Why don't you just stay in Lembeh the whole time? Tired of muck diving?

Travelnsj
01-08-2009, 09:32
8 nights is enough....12 nights a bit much.....plus after 8 nights they have to kick me out of Rm # 5!

chinacat46
01-08-2009, 10:06
I stayed there 9 nights my last trip and I didn't want to leave. The only thing I didn't like was the menu repeats itself after 7 days. They need a bit more variety in their menu.

Travelnsj
01-08-2009, 17:41
Yeah I can see that Menu becoming tuff to swallow after 7 nights.....LOL...the food was great and you had a few selections at each meal!

Now back to Bangka...still have not heard back from Blue Bay Dives or Danny!

Desert_Diver
01-09-2009, 01:24
I would like to point out to you two that your conversations don't generate much in the way of sympathy from the rest of us financially challanged and vacation deprived divers. :smiley11:

Art

Travelnsj
01-09-2009, 10:11
Art the Violin is out for you:smiley13:.....Didn't you just return from a Trip in Palau and Yap?!!!!

chinacat46
01-09-2009, 10:23
Art as long as the violin is playing for you aren't you going to do a 7 day live aboard out of Phuket in March. Yeah you need a lot of sympathy as well.

Hey where is the trip report for Palau and Yap? Come on Art! Don't tell me it's at ZD I already looked.

Desert_Diver
01-09-2009, 14:47
Art as long as the violin is playing for you aren't you going to do a 7 day live aboard out of Phuket in March. Yeah you need a lot of sympathy as well.

Hey where is the trip report for Palau and Yap? Come on Art! Don't tell me it's at ZD I already looked.

Not written yet. I was waiting to finish up my pictures. I got back just before Christmas and left immediately to spend Christmas with my daughter and granddaughter in the LA area. Since I was gone for three weeks, my desk was awash in major and minor panics that nobody had bothered to act on in my absence.

And quit trying to divert attention from you bad behavior. If you keep looking for sympathy about your conspicuous consumption dive travel, we will give you a time out. :smiley32:

Art

chinacat46
01-09-2009, 18:35

Not written yet. I was waiting to finish up my pictures. I got back just before Christmas and left immediately to spend Christmas with my daughter and granddaughter in the LA area. Since I was gone for three weeks, my desk was awash in major and minor panics that nobody had bothered to act on in my absence.

And quit trying to divert attention from you bad behavior. If you keep looking for sympathy about your conspicuous consumption dive travel, we will give you a time out. :smiley32:

Art

Hey you always give me a hard time about when I say I'm working on the pictures lets go buddy! Chop Chop. Luckily you weren't around when I was doing my Lembeh/Raja report.

Travelnsj
01-10-2009, 14:28
Well it looks like Bangka and the Murex resort....the Bangka part of the trip centers around a Sunday flight from Manado to SoWrong....This is a new flight by Express Air....they have not started service yet. One person says the flight will be in Operation by late this month or the start of next month. Another person says do not plan anything until that flight starts and then it is still a 50/50 shot:smiley5:

If they do not start that flight my choices are to take a 6:15 AM flight on Saturday to Sorong and spend the day on Saturday.....Guess I could ask Chuck what to do in SoWrong for the day....one of his favorites spots to hang out!...NOT!!

chinacat46
01-10-2009, 16:24
You could ask but I wouldn't know what to tell you. There is a local arts and crafts store but after you spend 46 mins there what will you do? Luckily I never had to spend much time in SoWrong. When are you headed back to Rogers Armpit?

Desert_Diver
01-10-2009, 17:25

Art

Hey you always give me a hard time about when I say I'm working on the pictures lets go buddy! Chop Chop. Luckily you weren't around when I was doing my Lembeh/Raja report.

I'm just encouraging you. :smilie39: That's different than giving you a hard time.

Art

Travelnsj
01-10-2009, 17:33
You could ask but I wouldn't know what to tell you. There is a local arts and crafts store but after you spend 46 mins there what will you do? Luckily I never had to spend much time in SoWrong. When are you headed back to Rogers Armpit?

Now it is Rogers Armpit? I headed back to Raja Ampat in November!

chinacat46
01-10-2009, 18:18
I figure if I call it Roger's Armpit less people will go and the prices won't rise and the diving will stay awesome. Plus it goes well with SoWrong.

chinacat46
01-10-2009, 18:28

Art

I'm just encouraging you. :smilie39: That's different than giving you a hard time.

Art

In that case I'm just encouraging you. :smiley20: So did you really go there? Was Pam working on the Aggressor?

Travelnsj
01-10-2009, 18:53
I figure if I call it Roger's Armpit less people will go and the prices won't rise and the diving will stay awesome. Plus it goes well with SoWrong.

You know you are so right....that Rogers Armpit has horrible Vis....currents that could carry you to Palau or Ambon....unfriendly natives....you are taking chances on you life going there....and to top it off you have to go thru SoWrong!:smiley21:....But I cannot not wait till November:smiley20:

chinacat46
01-10-2009, 19:14

You know you are so right....that Rogers Armpit has horrible Vis....currents that could carry you to Palau or Ambon....unfriendly natives....you are taking chances on you life going there....and to top it off you have to go thru SoWrong!:smiley21:....But I cannot not wait till November:smiley20:

Good on ya mate! now just keep talking about diving in muck in Lembeh. :smiley36:

Travelnsj
01-10-2009, 19:18
Muck diving in Lembore?.....no vis, ugly critters and Lembeh Resort is up the side of a mountain....I'm not going back there till November!