PDA

View Full Version : card for setting white balance

Byte Me
01-09-2009, 09:51
I typically shoot RAW so I can more easily "fix" things I've done wrong underwater. I use an Oly SP350 in an Oly housing. I have been using a white card which I would take a picture of before shooting in an area, shoot a picture of the card again when I get to another area or when the light changes. The card wasn't made for UW use, was quite thin and attached to the housing via key ring and "string".

Trouble is the card cracked and sank - and I'm cheap. I don't want to buy a white card. Has anyone made their own card for such purposes? If so what did you use?

Thanks!

DMWiz
01-09-2009, 10:12
Do you have a slate or wet notes? That's what I use.

Byte Me
01-09-2009, 11:01
I don't, but I did just get a suggestion to use card stock and self adhesive laminating sheets so I can put other info on the back of the card. Multi-functional, cheap and effective! AWESOME!

Cheddarchick
01-13-2009, 13:55
Motel 6 "donated" a no smoking sign made out of plastic to my collection. drilled a hole and hung it on.

acamato
01-13-2009, 14:16
I don't, but I did just get a suggestion to use card stock and self adhesive laminating sheets so I can put other info on the back of the card. Multi-functional, cheap and effective! AWESOME!

I would take it to staples/kinkos and get it heat laminated. I don't know how the adhesive from the self laminating sheets would hold up underwater. Do not punch a hole thru the card becasue this will be an entry point for water, go thru the laminate only