PDA

View Full Version : Vis is awesome at lake pleasant

sea princess
01-09-2009, 17:29
We did 2 dives off of vista point at lake pleasant today and it had to be the best vis i have ever seen. Now i am a new diver and have only done 15 dives at the lake so far since I certified in july but it was incredible maybe 20-25 feet horizonatally and I could see clearly straight up at 40 feet. The water temp was 52 degrees to 55 feet. Makes a huge difference when very few boats and people are out.

Divingguy
01-10-2009, 19:54
Isn't it amazing how slow the fish move during the winter?
Glad you had a good dive.
Tom

sea princess
01-11-2009, 19:01
It is amazing. We saw a big catfish just slowly swimming along side us not fearful just watching us. They definately move slower this time of year. The weather has been 68 during the day and it is just too perfect not to be in the water.

jbres1
01-11-2009, 21:03
Glad to hear the vis is good and that you had a good dive.
I will be out there in 2 weeks and plan to do a few boat dives the weekend I am visiting.

Thanks, Jim B

sea princess
01-12-2009, 20:48
Are you going on the 24th? I am also going that weekend. Hope the weather is as awesome as it has been this week and that the water is just as clear.
Welcome to Arizona and hope you enjoy your stay. At least you can defrost while your here.

jbres1
01-12-2009, 21:55
I signed up to do the 2 boat dives with Scubateers.
The boat trip is going to the 1702 wall, and another wall dive.
They have a special of $35.00 w/o tanks or $45.00 with tanks.
I will be bringing my own gear w/o tanks.

I hope the vis is better than it was 2 years ago, vis was about 5 to 7 ft. the last week of Jan. 2007. Did some shore dives with some divers from Scubaboard near where the marina is now.

I will be out visiting my mom for her 81's birthday, and wanted to get a few dives in.

Thanks, Jim breslin

sea princess
01-12-2009, 23:30
I guess I will meet you then. I am signed up to go on the same boat that day. It will be the first time i do a boat dive at the lake. I have heard boat dives have the best vis at the lake.

Oh and don't bring the cold weather with you, it can stay in ILL. We will save the sunshine just for you.