PDA

View Full Version : Taiwan - Green Island? Hammerheads?

beenerachi
01-11-2009, 02:15
Anyone been to 'Green Island', Taiwan? (Not Green Island in Australia...)

I was just searching online and this place apparently has a lot of hammerheads in the area. Can anyone verify?

Lj82
01-11-2009, 09:32
Was in Taiwan in 07 on a non-diving trip and visted a dive shop. The DMs showed me their videos of diving with hammerheads. The green Island is supposed to be famous for hammerheads but strangely here in the rest of Asia, not many people talk about Green Island in the same breathe as Layang Layang though. I'm pretty interested in finding out more about diving there. Hopefully someone who have dive there can shed some light.

HKBruce
02-28-2009, 03:52
I'm looking into a visit in the next couple of weeks specifically to take a look at the hammerheads. The Green Island Adventures website quotes NT15000 for what I think is 2 days of boat diving with 2 dives per day. That seems pretty steep since all other accommodation and travel is on top of that - I'm waiting to hear back from them for some confirmation about the package. Can't seem to find anybody whose done the dive before though.

zahgurim
03-02-2009, 06:22
I'm really interested as to the outcome of your trip!

Please post up when you get back, as this is something I'm considering myself.

Lj82
03-03-2009, 01:35
I'm looking into a visit in the next couple of weeks specifically to take a look at the hammerheads. The Green Island Adventures website quotes NT15000 for what I think is 2 days of boat diving with 2 dives per day. That seems pretty steep since all other accommodation and travel is on top of that - I'm waiting to hear back from them for some confirmation about the package. Can't seem to find anybody whose done the dive before though.

Saw this on another board.
Perhaps you could try contacting this guy.
Green Island (http://www.shellbackdiver.com/green_island/index.html)