PDA

View Full Version : P90X

FishFood
01-11-2009, 11:54
Anybody Tried/Using It?

P90X® - Fitness, Nutrition, Diet, Weight Loss Official Website (http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?code=P90XDOTCOM)

medic001918
01-11-2009, 12:48
I know someone that just got it and is starting it. We'll see how it goes. When I went through the Connecticut Fire Academy, it seems that much of the PT stuff we did came from P90X. The whole program was based on muscle confusion and maintaining a quick pace. During the 15 weeks I was there my weight stayed within a few pounds, but everyone commented that I looked like I had dropped about 20 pounds while I was there. All of my clothes fit quite a bit looser too to say the least. It seems like a good program and one that I've given some thought to trying. Another one that's good if you can get into some of the routines is crossfit (Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness (http://www.crossfit.com)). I know people who have done that and seen significant gains. Like anything else though when it comes to training, diet is an integral part of your routine.

Shane

Empacher
01-11-2009, 14:26
It is really difficult. I would imagine that the results would be phenomenal. I just have to figure out how to stick with it...

Black-Gorrilla
01-11-2009, 19:37
Muscle confusion does not sound too fun... or good actually. How does making your body unaware of whats going on good? i've never see the P90X thing, but you know what... does not seem right to me.
Circuit training is a better option in my opinion.

FishFood
01-11-2009, 19:54
Train different muscles every workout, time after time. Never have to worry about plateauing.

Rainer
01-11-2009, 20:09
Muscle confusion does not sound too fun... or good actually. How does making your body unaware of whats going on good? i've never see the P90X thing, but you know what... does not seem right to me.

So you have no idea what P90X is, but you consider circuit training better?

Got to love opinions based on not even bothering to understand the two options.

Oh, and what weight training regimen today does NOT use something like "muscle confusion" (i.e. attempts to avoid plateauing)?

Black-Gorrilla
01-11-2009, 21:00

So you have no idea what P90X is, but you consider circuit training better?

Got to love opinions based on not even bothering to understand the two options.

Oh, and what weight training regimen today does NOT use something like "muscle confusion" (i.e. attempts to avoid plateauing)?

I've seen the ads(many many times), so i understand that they tell you to do something different all the time....
Circuit training is very different from confusion... you do the routine for 2-3 weeks, then you switch it up to a new routine.
Plateauing is inevitable, unless you add supplements... because no matter how much or even how you work out... you get to a point where your natural body can't develop further, so it's just a matter of time before anyone that does it all natural reaches the ultimate plateau.
P90x is just another one of those TV gimmicks. you can't beat the good old fashion proven "PUT TIME IN AT THE GYM"

FishFood
01-11-2009, 21:02
And you have come to this conclusion how? How is "putting time in at the gym" any better than this system? Read reviews of this system, almost ALL of them rave about it.

IndyDiver
01-11-2009, 22:10
I did this last year Feb-Apr when I was on my lose 40 lbs and get in shape campaign. I ended up losing 35 lbs over four months and this program had a lot to do with it. It really burns some calories and tones you up. It doesn't really bulk you up like heavy lifting does, but it does harden and buff pretty well. It's definitely a 90 day wonder type thing though; after the three months I was so bored with with the video and the music, I never wanted to see it again. I spent the summer riding my bike twice a week and lifting twice a week, and never thought about the tape again.

That said, I have fallen off the wagon this winter and reverted to my old couch-potato ways and I am pulling out the video this month to do it for at least 6 weeks to get my exercise regimen jump-started again. It really is a good routine for that.

Now a few words from the full-disclosure and truth-in-advertising department:

1. You have to be comitted to get over the startup hump with this thing, the first two weeks are Painfull ( sort of like the zero the 5K in 8 weeks running program)

2. You really have to be motivated and push to do as many reps as fast as you can, or the results will be nothing like they claim (but if you do push, it really does what it claims)

3. After a couple of weeks, it is boring/tedious and you begin to hate all the overly positive, upbeat people on the video.

Black-Gorrilla
01-11-2009, 22:58
And you have come to this conclusion how? How is "putting time in at the gym" any better than this system? Read reviews of this system, almost ALL of them rave about it.

if you go to the gym, and do what you are supposed to... you get results.
if you buy the dvd, and do what you are supposed to, im sure you get results, but how many times can you do the same routine?

ScubaToys Larry
01-11-2009, 23:18
I'm working with a personal trainer now... maybe you've seen the picture:

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/joelarry/pics/larry2.jpg

And my personal trainer also stresses that we will not do the same exercises for the same body part twice in a short period of time. For example, one week for chest we will do standard bench, the next time, bi-lateral pushups and incline dumbells, the next time heavy into dips, etc.

So I'm sure switching things up - and not getting into the same exercises over and over does have a benefit, not only from the physical standpoint, but also it keeps you more interested in doing the workouts.

By the way, that's the before picture above.... I'll post the after in another few months. :smiley36:

Black-Gorrilla
01-11-2009, 23:21
who draws those?

ScubaToys Larry
01-11-2009, 23:33
Draw?! I go to Glamor Shots for these photos!

Rainer
01-12-2009, 01:08
I've seen the ads(many many times), so i understand

The only thing better than an uninformed opinion is one based only on watching TV.

Dude, you're too funny.

Please, keep commenting on something you have no clue about. It's hilarious.

medic001918
01-12-2009, 02:43

Actually muscle confusion is a concept in training that's been proven to work for gains. It's not so much the concept of the body being unaware. You're not asking it to do anything it's not capable of doing. It's not allowing the muscles to settle into a routine by changing the excercises that you're performing, along with resistance and reps. This is what causes the "confusion."

I'm also going to ask about this...you say that you've:

never see the P90X thing, but you know what... does not seem right to me.

and then later you say:

I've seen the ads(many many times), so i understand that they tell you to do something different all the time....

So which is it? That you've never seen anything on the system and know nothing about it? Or that you've seen things on it, understand it and simply don't like the concept?

You're certainly entitled to your opinion about anything that you want to have one on. But base your opinions on research you've done. That doesn't mean watching their ad, or making assumptions about the program (if you really haven't seen anything on it). It means doing the research to become educated as to what the program is and how it really works.

There's countless diets and routines out there. All of them probably work in their own respective ways. You simply have to find the one that works for you and that you can stick with. For someone that wants to work out at home and without using a lot of weight, P90X is probably one of the best programs out there. When I was in the fire academy the heaviest thing we lifted was our air packs which weight about 26 pounds. Doing the excercises in different ways was enough to add challenge to everyone in the class.

Like I said, have an opinion but have one based on your research. Not assumptions...

Shane

hychang
01-13-2009, 08:30
Well at least your "before" picture is presentable. I have a hyperstretch wetsuit (purchased from ST of course) for a reason.:smilie39::smilie39:

That's despite the fact I workout. It seems the dinner table has this grip on me that is unbreakable until I clear my plate!

I'm working with a personal trainer now... maybe you've seen the picture:

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/joelarry/pics/larry2.jpg

By the way, that's the before picture above.... I'll post the after in another few months. :smiley36:

kjvander
01-13-2009, 08:42
it is like any workout program....the more you put into it the more that you'll get out of it. unless you are talking about surgury (and that's not easy either) there are no simple weight loss programs. to be active and go out and do something is about the only way. The only drawback that i've heard to the p90x is that you have to be in moderatly good shape to begin with. it is not a program to just start out doing if you haven't done anything for years..

lund0485
01-13-2009, 10:04
all supplements are a waste of money IMHO

medic001918
01-13-2009, 10:08

Anything to back it up? I feel differently. Especially for someone who's trying to build or working out rather hard. That's not to say that you need to supplement constantly, but you will realize gains much quicker and feel better. I don't take much for supplements. I take protein shakes, vitamins, glucosamine and fish oil. They help to ensure that I'm meeting (and often exceeding) my required values.

There are a lot of supplements that aren't needed or useful out there. You just have to do the research and figure out what your workout plan requires of your body to see maximum results. Then make it happen.

Shane

sravin1
01-13-2009, 14:18

Incorrect. It is based one one's nutritional needs and nutrition ingested everyday. Hence the name supplement. For example, for a vegitarian that works out, protein supplements are needed based on his workout regimen.

ScubaToys Larry
01-13-2009, 15:10
I take a multi - vitamin, and since I'm lifting pretty heavy now, doing an extra 100 grams of protein per day above my meals, with bars and shakes. You got to have fuel if you're burning and building. Now I'm by no means an expert, or in great shape - but with the help of my trainer, who has a degree in fitness and nutrition, I've lost 3 inches on my waist, dropped 12 lbs, dropped 7% body fat and increased my strength by 30% in the last 2 months.

I'm sure there are a lot of advertised supplements that don't do much... "swallow this pill or powder and gain 40 lbs of muscle in 3 weeks..." kind of stuff - but if you are burning so many calories, and trying to build muscle, you do need a certain amount of protein and a balance of meals to put that back into your system, and if you can't get that in normal meals - then supplementing with some good natural proteins, etc seems to make sense to me - and seems to be working for me.

Lulubelle
01-13-2009, 15:16
:ttiuwop:

medicdiver
01-13-2009, 18:45
When I started doing the P90X I worked out for 2 months using the P90 series. It helped prepare myself for it. Even when I started P90X I was extremely sore for the first 2 weeks. I love the programs. I will say that if you follow the diet and push yourself as hard as you can, you will see improvement. In the end I changed jobs and that really put a kink in things. I need to start it up again. I would recommend this program for someone who doesn't like going to the gym and for someone who can push themselves at home.

FishFood
01-13-2009, 19:37
Just did one of the plyometric work outs... Think Ill go cry in the shower for a few minutes... Oh @$%&, I can't get out of my chair... :smiley5:

medicdiver, we should start a ScubaToys forum P90x group... Keep goin through peer pressure :D

Black-Gorrilla
01-13-2009, 20:11

Incorrect. It is based one one's nutritional needs and nutrition ingested everyday. Hence the name supplement. For example, for a vegitarian that works out, protein supplements are needed based on his workout regimen.

Depending on the workout and the gains you want... Even a Carnivore needs protein trough supplements, because no matter how big a piece of meat you eat you cant get enough protein from that alone.

medicdiver
01-13-2009, 21:46
Just did one of the plyometric work outs... Think Ill go cry in the shower for a few minutes... Oh @$%&, I can't get out of my chair... :smiley5:

medicdiver, we should start a ScubaToys forum P90x group... Keep goin through peer pressure :D

I would say that the Plyometrics is the one of the hardest for me. My hardest is the 1 1/2 hour's of Yoga. The first time I did it I only lasted the first 45 minutes and then I was done.

That is a good idea to start a thread so that we could keep each other motivated. I know I could use some encouragement.

supra9059
01-15-2009, 09:32
Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness (http://crossfit.com)

Not the usual workout routine. You won't get bored with this program. Fitness should be a lifetime achievement, so find something that you can do for the long term. It shouldn't be about quick goals "I want to lose 40 lbs today", think about overall wellness for life. my $.02
My name is Clayton and I'm a Crossfit addict.

supra9059
01-15-2009, 09:36
Crossfit vs p90x Guinea pig - CrossFit Discussion Board (http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=35324) WFS

ektess1
01-22-2009, 20:41
AI was concidering P90X. Now after checking out crossfit, I am considering crossfit. It sounds quit intense. I think that more research is required. nnnow where are my chips and beer. Ahh feet up, recliner back. Yeh, I am researching very hard. May have to take a nap.

Mark&Heidi
01-22-2009, 23:29
I have to say 2 things. 1st one is, when I feel the urge to work out, I grab a bag of doritos and lay down on the couch. After about 10 mninutes the urge goes away. 2nd is a question, What is Crossfit?

ArmyDiver
01-23-2009, 00:48
+1 for crossfit. Never in my life have I been so smoked. No military school I've ever attended, including Ranger school, breaks you off like this. If you can actually stick to it, it's amazing. I've never done P90x so I can't comment. But I will definitely suggest Crossfit to anyone looking to get into shape. Half my unit swears by it and we're some pretty intense gym-a-holics.

kjvander
01-23-2009, 07:44
cool....i'll have to look it to that....

bane51031
02-15-2009, 10:12
Consistency is the key to any program, you put your time in and you will see results.I chnge my routine every 4 weeks by doing a different excercise for each muscle group also keeps me from getting bored with my workout and helps avoid plat.

rsmith5894
10-13-2009, 19:46
Had a minor surgery in early October, I'll be off of training for a month. I'm starting P90X on November 1st....very excited! Before my procedure I did week 1 just to see how it was and I was smoked! I'm in decent shape (5'8" 193) and it is just an awesome workout. I also believe that if you don't do this particular workout you should find something you really have a passion for and do that. Cycling, running, weight training...whatever it is do it because you love it so it doesn't become a burden.

Rich

Josh P.
11-27-2009, 19:23
P90X is definitely a butt kicker. I just have the problem with the bands and trying to set them up high enough to get enough resistance. I need to just invest in a set of dumbells.

divebunny13
01-25-2010, 08:38
I started P90X in September and was on Day 30 when I separated my shoulder playing on the beach. I took two months off and started back at the end of December, highly modifying the program for my shoulder. I still lost 8.5 inches overall in the first thirty days and I feel great.

I recommend it P90X to everyone. It's an awesome program.

**Of course no one will take this advice because divers are all a bunch of middle-aged overweight men busting the seals on their drysuits. AMIRITE?**

SEMO Scuba
01-25-2010, 19:07
**Of course no one will take this advice because divers are all a bunch of middle-aged overweight men busting the seals on their drysuits. AMIRITE?**

Have we met or do I just resemble that remark!:smiley13:

PlatypusMan
01-25-2010, 19:48

Was I married to you once?

PPM

Smashee
01-25-2010, 20:18

Do you mind? Not all divers are like this. Some of us are quite happy diving in a wetsuit. :smiley36:

IrishSquid
01-25-2010, 20:55
P90X user (our far right, their left).

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs218.snc3/22550_1319055050017_1039980769_30994770_7504938_n. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30997600&id=1039980769)

Couldn't help it. :smilie39:

Molecule
01-25-2010, 21:01
It started when I was looking a way to increase my arm/shoulder flexibility. My wife talked me into P90X. Increase flexibility and build the body muscles sounded like killing two birds with one stone.:smilie_punch: I chose Yoga to warm up before getting in the program, again :smashfreakB: (I should spend more time on P90X forums, instead of scuba forums). When Tony was on Half moon, I went black moon (not sure if he called half moon, my hearing went fuzz that time). I know, I know, do your best and forget the rest, but how many I have to forget.:smiley36:

Well, I think, I like it and plan to get in the program this weekend. Wish me luck :smiley20:

chinacat46
01-26-2010, 04:12

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs218.snc3/22550_1319055050017_1039980769_30994770_7504938_n. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30997600&id=1039980769)

Must be hell trying to find a pair of pants that fit.

cgvmer
01-29-2010, 11:29
I started P90x with my son, quite frankly don't start the program unless your already in great shape because everything will hurt.

hydro
01-30-2010, 19:07
P90x is good stuff. My wife and I are 6 weeks in at the moment. I'm a hardgainer so I'm actually trying to put on more weight. It's difficult for me, but I've started to see some real differences. I'm getting that v-shape cut in the lower abs and my upper two abs are almost visible. I'm just slightly under 9% BF and was around 11.5% when I started 6 weeks ago.

bigman241
01-31-2010, 15:36
SURELY THAT ANT REAL

IrishSquid
01-31-2010, 17:23
SURELY THAT ANT REAL

Naw, I just thought it was an amusing photoshop. Check the guy on the far right (our left). Kinda looks like Eddie Murphy.

GDC
01-31-2010, 17:54
I am just starting the p90x myself. I have seen the results of several co workers and it is impressive.

Largo
02-01-2010, 17:40
I thought a P90 was a Fabrique Nationale product.

din
02-03-2010, 07:17
I thought a P90 was a Fabrique Nationale product.

it's also more fun than the one these guys are talking about. I'm okay with my bioprene. :p

mrbeast1414
02-25-2010, 21:20
Train different muscles every workout, time after time. Never have to worry about plateauing.

I am 15 and have used it to train for basketball. Works supppperrr well. You get to a point when you go to the gym enough that it ceases to help you anymore.

bostondivegirl
02-27-2010, 11:37
My husband is currently on phase 2 almost going onto phase 3...It is an amazing program. I see the difference...I actually tired it myself (the lean version) and I thought it was great. Loved what it did to my abs and arms...Now I just need the motivation to start up again. ANyone who wants to get in shape highly recommend.

Straegen
03-04-2010, 18:09
I have one friend who does P90X and another starting it. It is OK and I think it is a good step away from machines, but total body and mind conditioning is better IMO. Check out Paul Taylor's site:

Body and Brain Overhaul | Training the Body and the Brain (http://bodybrain.com.au/info/home)

This system is about health in all facets rather than just physical fitness. Reducing stress, total body workouts (AKA Effective Movement) rather than isolated ones, improving mental conditioning and working on recovery.

bostondivegirl
03-05-2010, 14:00
I have one friend who does P90X and another starting it. It is OK and I think it is a good step away from machines, but total body and mind conditioning is better IMO. Check out Paul Taylor's site:

Body and Brain Overhaul | Training the Body and the Brain (http://bodybrain.com.au/info/home)

This system is about health in all facets rather than just physical fitness. Reducing stress, total body workouts (AKA Effective Movement) rather than isolated ones, improving mental conditioning and working on recovery.

Actually so is P90X. They teach you how to have a healthy lifestyle not just physical fitness. It is a total body workout. And if you stick with it, i think it is great.

Straegen
03-05-2010, 16:12
Actually so is P90X. They teach you how to have a healthy lifestyle not just physical fitness. It is a total body workout. And if you stick with it, i think it is great.I am familiar with P90X and while they do focus on things such as nutrition it doesn't have programs for increasing mental capacity, managing stress (both good and bad) beyond exercise, etc. They are still focused on fitness/nutrition with a side effect being a healthier life. New thoughts on health is that fitness and nutrition are only bricks in the foundation of total mind and body health.

If starting a new program, it is worth evaluating newer systems that address more than just fitness and nutrition IMO.

My personal opinion is that one size fits all exercise programs are not as good as tailored systems and in some cases actually cause injury. For example, I have shoulder and knee issues that needed strengthening in different way than typical one-size-fits-all programs don't address.

cam
03-11-2010, 12:14
I have P90X. I've been using it for over a year and I love it. It sure made my divemaster swims easier.

There IS one side effect though...my wife can't keep her hands off me now.

I just don't recommend doing a P90X workout on a dive.

shagyluke
03-12-2010, 10:46
My wife and I have done p90x. It is a lifestyle change that needs to be ad-heard too. If you don't have the discipline to stick with it I would not suggest it. The program definitely works and we both had amazing results but it just isn't a lifestyle that I want for the rest of my life. We altered to the program and diet to keep us at a fit level of being, and are enjoying it allot more.

Cheers

Bigg_Budd
03-14-2010, 12:35
today is day 60 for me. i'm down 25 pounds, and have guns the size of tree trunks. bring it!

Eurodiver
04-21-2010, 09:59
I use certain disks. Ab Ripper is awesome. Love that one.
A lot of people here at good old Ft Polk are doing it.
Again I use a few of the disks but not all 12.

josh7284
05-07-2010, 08:56
I did it for about a month and lost interest in it. It is very hard and gets somewhat boring but very effective. HElps with diving! very flexible and gains endurance for you

firemedic8082
06-14-2010, 15:04
I was at a station for a while where we did P90X every morning, and I can definately say that you will see a difference with this program. You can feel it from day one of use.

JoyDivisi0n
07-04-2010, 22:34
It's quite a time commitment, but my roommate and I are currently doing the program. We just wrapped up week 2 and I feel great! Definitely do it with a buddy if you can, I can imagine it's difficult to drum up motivation with this program otherwise. I personally know quite a few who tried it out but either exercise irregularly or quit altogether.

tommy2tone_1999
07-20-2010, 15:38
30 Days into Round 2, and I've lost 32 pounds. It works, but only if YOU work.

greenwood_60
10-20-2010, 15:53
Works VERY well... but there is also a P90, IIRC, that is not so intense.

stunna
11-08-2010, 19:19
P90X does work and works well. However, like everyone has stated (including the videos), you have to "bring it." I used it before and saw some gains. I was mainly doing it for strength. I didn't get weight loss gains and I have realized now that diet plays a major role in any exercise program. One of the interesting things about this program is that it doesn't require a full gym, yet you can get a great workout using just a few things (dumbells and pull up bar).
I now go to a trainer. Not because the P90X didn't work, but because I have found it is easier for me to actually work out when I'm out of the house. When I was in the house, I found my workouts getting later and later due to home distractions. I think anyone considering it should do it. It really is a good home base program, but to achieve the best results, include a good diet plan to compliment the workout plan. Diet was something I never included or understood until now.

yankeefan21
12-30-2010, 15:48
I did this last winter. Here are some comments:

1. You need to recognize that you are committing to about 1 and a half hours of training 6 days a week.
2. You need to recognize that eating healthy is expensive.
3. You need to recognize that eating healthy and measuring portions takes a lot of time in preparation and planning.

For me, it was very difficult to keep up with the pace of the program. More importantly, it was difficult for me to find the time to stay committed to training regiment with life going on around me. I'm not making excuses, mind you, I'm just being a realist. I personally found it difficult to make time for P90x with vacations and parties and clubs and after work activities... yadda yadda yadda.

With all of that said, if you CAN commit and your CAN make exercise a prioritized part of your daily life, this program does kick your but!

bfmorgan
12-30-2010, 20:59
The body adapts quickly. If you do the same workout over a period of a couple of weeks, the body figures it out and maximizes its response based on that workout. By changing the workout (reps, order of exercises, increase/decrease weight), it keeps the body from maximizing its response on one set of muscles.

Davetowz
12-30-2010, 23:36
I will stick to P09BR. That is 9 Pabst Blue Ribbons per eve, roughly equivalent to 1 martini. Good forearm workout, and those pull tabs....

SlvrDragon50
12-30-2010, 23:47
I just started Ab Ripper X. I plan on just stacking this on to my 3 days/week workout routine as a replacement to my ab workout for a couple weeks.

Quite the tough workout but I want a 6 pack so badly :(

Davetowz
12-30-2010, 23:51
easier to just buy one at the carryout!

davepoff
01-31-2011, 19:11
I got this but have not started it yet, currently using Insanity

inventor
01-31-2011, 19:12
My end goal from 'Couch to 5K'.

Working toward the 'Don't Mess With the Zohan' workout, and eventually to 'Chuck Norris would just point and laugh at you. Not just laugh, point and laugh.'

davepoff
01-31-2011, 19:17
Yes, the Chuck Norris look is the way to go! But for that you need the Total Gym.

angie_nrs
03-09-2011, 12:38
I have done P90X and lost inches and firmed up without following their recommended diet. The one thing someone with this workout has to be careful of is eating too much b/c it will make you HUNGRY! I always find that my hunger kicks in high gear when I concentrate on a muscle building program. However, even though I did add more calories I still got great results! I also used the free calorie tracker on sparkpeople.com to monitor my protein/carb/fat intake and calories. Tracking food intake for a month or so really opened my eyes and forced me to find better eating options.

I would agree that the program gets monotonous after a while, especially ARX, but I have several other workouts that I put in here and there to break it up. I use some Cathe Friedrich STS workouts, Insanity, running, cardio coach workouts, etc to get variety. Actually right now I'm doing a Rock Bottoms rotation from Cathe and have put in some P90X workouts as well. I'm not sure I will ever do a full all out P90X rotation in it's entirety again, but my P90X set is something I would never consider getting rid of. It's well worth the $$ IMO.

Black-Gorrilla
04-13-2011, 16:18
I just remembered this thread...
It's been up for a few years, and I think it's time to respond to it again.
I tried P90x, It does make you work out, and it's kinda cool the way it is, but there is no way that it is a workout from someone that is not already in descent shape!! (tried it when I was in ok shape) It wears you out, and you will feel it. I was wrong for jumping to the conclusions.
You have to be in descent shape... there is no way an out of shape person can do one a full workout p90x!

FoxHound
04-13-2011, 17:11
No defiantly not, it is a very tough workout and you really have to scale it at the beginning. Its also nice to match that with a good diet, and a multivitamin since most of us dont get what we need on a day to day basis.

Another thing to check out for some variety is crossfit. You can take their workouts of the day and put together a nice program to get into some good shape. My friends and I are doing a 7 week "fat to fit" program. today was a good cardio day, we did fight gone bad, and killer abs this week so far. I think the 300 workout and FRAN is coming up......gonna be a rouuuuuuuuugh few workouts haha.

Black-Gorrilla
04-14-2011, 14:35
Crossfit definitely blows P90X out of the water.
The one I went to has a time board. and a running timer.
The timer is reset once the group is ready to start the days workout, and when you are done, you can put yourself on the board! It becomes a huge competition, and that really makes you wanna do better. It was great! Never got boring, and the 15-30 mins that it took to do the days workout felt like hours of gym, and no where near as boring!

FoxHound
04-14-2011, 18:31
Yeah I am most def a crossfit convert haha.

The short workouts are great and they give you more then an hour of a conventional workout, and the encompass everything from strength, stamina, cardio, flexibility for your entire body, not just one thing like weight lifting or running etc.

Again, a mix of exercise and balance diet is key!

blue_eyed_diver11
04-19-2011, 18:34
Actually I have done a couple of the workouts and it kicks your butt, even if you think it isnt working, just wait till morning. Everyone that I know is doing P90X and if you stick with it you will get awesome results :)

tar8701
05-18-2011, 11:05
just went through the P90x. it was really good. you tend to lose some mass while leaning out, although you don't lose strength at all. you come out much stronger

russp
05-24-2011, 13:19
I'm too cheap to spend money on a workout program and the last piece of equipment I bought was a used Tony Little Gazelle many years ago. I needed to drop about 15 pounds (now just 10) so started working up to the Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer minimums.

1.5 mile run
60 situps
50 pushups
5 pullups
5 chinups

I'm already up to the mileage but need to get my time under 12 minutes. I'm up to 50 situps, 35 pushups, and 2 each in the bar. Sometimes it's rough but it's getting easier. I do this 5 times a week. There is also a swim component that I do whenever I'm at the lake.

cyclone3565
05-24-2011, 15:37
Rainer is being awful harsh here. Maybe he tried it and it was too tough, you know what they say about these California boys (someone need lofting powder). Here, watch what you eat, ride a bike, do an eliptical every day and guess what - 32 pounds in 13 weeks. Who needs to spend the money, just be committed.

UCFKnightDiver
05-24-2011, 22:24
Rainer is being awful harsh here. Maybe he tried it and it was too tough, you know what they say about these California boys (someone need lofting powder). Here, watch what you eat, ride a bike, do an eliptical every day and guess what - 32 pounds in 13 weeks. Who needs to spend the money, just be committed.

Hmm, did you read his posts? Maybe I'm just missing what you're reading in his posts, or perhaps something in yours...

tar8701
05-25-2011, 16:14
any change in your workout is a good thing. i'm just partial to weights.

tommy2tone_1999
06-23-2011, 11:23
I have completed 4 Rounds of P90X and am currently doing a round of Insanity. I've lost 78 pounds. As far as the previous comment about needing to be in shape already to do P90X...HOGWASH! The great thing about P90X is that you can modify the exercises to your level of fitness until you build up the strength to do the exercise in the correct form. Any level of fitness can get started. As hard as the exercises are, 80% of the results come from the nutrition plan. It's no gimmick, it's not magic, it's good hard word with a good nutrition plan. For those who think P90X is too extreme, try the predecessor Power 90. I have my Round 3 results posted on my YouTube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/Tommy70817). Check them out for yourself. Now I started out as a big boy, so it took longer than 90 days to get the results I achieved. If you want to order P90X, let me know. I've had so many friends get the program from my results, that I decided to become a Team Beachbody Coach to pay it forward. My Coach site is http://beachbodycoach.com/tommy70817

UCFKnightDiver
06-23-2011, 20:55
tommy, how tall are you?

tommy2tone_1999
07-11-2011, 13:49
I'm 5'7" Not a real tall guy.

lt.dan58
07-22-2011, 03:15
I did P90X last year and lost 35lbs on it... I then switched from P90X back to the gym and lost another 20lbs... it only works if you put 100% effort in 100% of the time... the meal plan is a must and the food actually isnt half bad

TheBlue1
08-22-2011, 08:01
I was going to start a thread about P90X asking if people have tried it, but looks like the forum beat me to it by a long shot! I'm going to borrow my friends DVDs and hopefully I can drop the 10 pounds I've gained - or at least re-work that to a different part of my body =]

inventor
08-22-2011, 09:56
I'm planning on starting P90X next month. Glad I joined a gym ($12 a month:smiley20:), which happens to be two miles away, along my jogging trail. Kismet! Still not applying myself as well as I'd like, especially with my running. But seeing noticeable results still.
Really need a good nutrition plan.
Just stick with it guys!

lt.dan58
10-14-2011, 07:07
the nutritional plan with p90x is great... the food is pretty damn good too... I was shocked how good things taste like egg whites, turkey bacon, ground turkey, etc... if you join the p90x forum there are some great menu items on there too... p90x takes a lot of dedication so if you do not plan on giving it your all dont bother doing it... also some people have results in 30 days some in 90 days... I started dropping weight like crazy around day 45... first 30 days I actually gained weight... take pics during your transformation that is the only way to keep motivated... also do tape outs... the scale is the devil and will make you feel down sometimes... the tape measure and photos will make you better if you are applying yourself... you feel amazing after completing every workout especially days with ab ripper x at the end!

TheBlue1
10-15-2011, 15:42
I think the nutritional plan is the only thing I don't like about P90X. I'm a biochemist in studying medicine and the diet just isn't great.. I know people disagree, but I do my own diet. However, the exercises are great and highly challenging! It's working out so far for me

Boardndave
10-20-2011, 08:14
What type of diet does P90X suggest? I stick to paleo and it works very well!