PDA

View Full Version : A group dive in April or May

navyhmc
01-12-2009, 07:27
Okay folks, here's the deal. A lot of us have ither read or responded to a post by Fire Diver. As most of us know, he is currently serving in Iraq. I talked with him a few days ago and found out that he has a return home date of sometime in either Arpil or May.

What do all of you think about a trip to either Beaver or Oronogo-since he's not been to Oronogo for a dive wekeend or at least doy of diving to welcome this hero back into the diving world? As of right now, I can't even give a tenative date, since he won't be able to tell us when he's headed home and he will be understandably planning time with family when he does get back.

I think this man definitely deserves a dive in thanks of his service.

Your thoughts?

Dark Wolf
01-12-2009, 10:31
Sounds good to me! I am in!

DW

skdvr
01-12-2009, 10:41
I would agree, if only a small thing such as this to thank anyone who serves I am in for. BUT, my job has me working most weekends so I will make it if I can. April and May are our busiest months of the year, so chances are I probably will not be able to make it. If I happen to be off that particular weekend I will be there though....

Phil

cowgirldiver
01-12-2009, 10:58
Forrest and I would definitely like to come if it is an open weekend (with a teenager you just never know). fire diver also has a teenager and we have talked about getting together to dive. This might be an excellent opportunity. He could go diving and yet still be spending time with at least one family member.

shawnwill36
01-12-2009, 14:43
you can count 3 from southern oklahoma in. just let me know when.

bottomdweller
01-12-2009, 15:23
You can count my Brother-In-Law & myself in.
Just let us know what date & we are there.
By then I can go back to my 4/3 wetsuit & put up the 7mm Farmer John.

gNats
01-12-2009, 16:43
Navy -

If you decide to do this dive weekend in May over Memorial Day - I'll consider bumping my July trip from July to May.

This way I can maximize holiday pay so I don't have to use additional vacation days.

Otherwise, maybe Fire Diver and his family will be able to join us over the 4th at Oronogo.

This is a great idea - thanks for organizing it! :smiley20:

Dark Wolf
01-12-2009, 17:18
I will arrange coverage at work if it is my weekend. I think this will be another fun get together!!

DW

snagel
01-12-2009, 18:24
I've been threatening to make is down to dive with all you guys and this would be something I almost can't say no too. So, count me in depending on the dates....I'm in Florida sometime in April.

Let us know when things get firmed up on when and where.

Snagel

Italianprincess
01-12-2009, 18:28
Where exactly is this site? With enough notice Mecha and I can make it!

gNats
01-12-2009, 21:01
I've been threatening to make is down to dive with all you guys and this would be something I almost can't say no too. So, count me in depending on the dates....I'm in Florida sometime in April.

Let us know when things get firmed up on when and where.

Snagel

Heck SNagel, Drive down for the 28th! It will be a blast there are going to be 22 or more people from the looks of it!

navyhmc
01-12-2009, 22:40
I will talk with fire diver, but I do like gNats idea of incorporating this into the July 4th dive...and what a better time to do it than Independence day. I like the Memorial weekend too, but since we have things planned for July 4th...

What do you think fire diver?

shawnwill36
01-12-2009, 22:52
we cant go fromi may11 - 16th we will be in coz but anytime after or before that is good here

Dark Wolf
01-13-2009, 00:02
Oronogo is in SW Missouri. Captain Johns | Oronogo, MO (http://www.oronogo.com)

DW