PDA

View Full Version : how do you.....

saphire
01-14-2009, 19:55
how do you put your mask on when you are under water? :emot-woot:

Vercingetorix
01-14-2009, 21:35
They teach you that in OW scuba class. You need to know that because your mask may be dislodged.

Anyway, you put it on like you do on the surface, Then look straight up and hold the op of your mask and blow air through your nose. That clears the mask of all the water. It takes a very small amount air.

YouTube - scuba mask clearing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jta0QGxL5o&NR=1)

You can find many videos on YouTube concerning SCUBA techniques.

Axewizard
01-14-2009, 21:51
Great vid...I'll pass that one along to her tomorrow night when she's home from school.

JCAT
01-15-2009, 09:15
Here's another..

YouTube - Mary demonstrates Mask Clearing at SCUBA Practice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-okZo7OnjqU&feature=related)

curadebt.com
03-05-2009, 05:14
I can find many videos on YouTube concerning SCUBA techniques

kidsbond
03-18-2009, 06:40
ya very nice
:smiley20:

Pasaltran
03-22-2009, 20:19
Just make sure this is totally second nature. Also make sure you know how to breath when your mask is off. Mykids had to be told she could still breath when the mask is off.

Still working on the basics in the pool when she's young.

setesh
03-22-2009, 20:27
Just make sure this is totally second nature. Also make sure you know how to breath when your mask is off. Mykids had to be told she could still breath when the mask is off.

Still working on the basics in the pool when she's young.

That one actually got me during my skills test. I didn't stop breathing, but I didn't stop breathing through my nose either! Chocked a bit, but was a great lesson as it did not happen again! Just have to close your nose off so you don't have that problem!

Scubling
06-25-2009, 15:52
Its easy. All you do is make sure no hair is in the way and put it on like on land. After that just clear it and resume diving.

MSilvia
06-25-2009, 16:55
Then look straight up and hold the op of your mask and blow air through your nose.
Variations on this work just as well. I personally don't look up, and I pull the bottom of my mask away from my face instead of holding the top. Either way, the idea is that if you exhale into the mask and fill it with air, the air will push the water out through the bottom.

CompuDude
06-25-2009, 17:38
Then look straight up and hold the op of your mask and blow air through your nose.
Variations on this work just as well. I personally don't look up, and I pull the bottom of my mask away from my face instead of holding the top. Either way, the idea is that if you exhale into the mask and fill it with air, the air will push the water out through the bottom.

That said, you do have to be looking straight ahead, at a minimum, if you want to truly clear it, else water will just pool at the bottom of the mask. I often see training divers trying to clear their mask while looking down. Doesn't work out well for them.